Please remember to turn all cell
phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
Please remember to turn all cell phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, December 15, 2014
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Veteran of the Month: Kevin Ott, Ward 3
2. Employee Awards
3. Sustainability Award West Hills Village Going Green Committee
EXECUTIVE SESSION for potential direction on Kelley vs. City of Rapid City Board of Adjustment
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 4 60
Open Public Comment Items 4 43
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS Items 4 43
Remove Items from the Consent Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
4. Approve Minutes for the December 1, 2014 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (December 29, 2015)
5. HK Buffet LLC DBA Coco Palace, 1900 N Maple Ave for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
6. Orris Enterprises Inc. DBA Vino 100 & Tinder Box, 518 7th Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (January 5, 2015)
7. Youth & Family Services for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Beer License for an Event scheduled for February 20, 2015 and February 21, 2015 at Youth & Family Services, 120 East Adams
8. Rapid City Library Foundation for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine License for Events scheduled for February 3, 2015, March 3, 2015 and April 7, 2015 at the Rapid City Public Library Downtown, 610 Quincy Street
9. Mini Mart, Inc. DBA Loaf N Jug #444, 1627 Mt. Rushmore Road for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Derby Advertising Inc. DBA Canyon Lake Chophouse, 2720 Chapel Lane
Public Works Committee Consent Items
10. No. PW120914-02 Approve Change Order #3 to Mainline Contracting Inc. for Rapid City Sports Complex, Project No. 12-1849 / CIP No. 50792, for a decrease of $6,827.91.
11. No. PW120914-03 Approve Change Order #2F to Mainline Contracting for West Chicago Street Utilities Breakout Project, Project No. 14-2161 / CIP No. 50448.1, for a decrease of $2,434.34.
12. No. PW120914-04 Approve Change Order #1 to Zandstra Construction for Rapid City Landfill Cells 13 & 14 Closure, Project No. 13-2146, for an increase of $23,715.00.
13. No. PW120914-05 Approve Change Order #1F to Hills Materials Company for Wisconsin Avenue, Nathan Court, Stearns Court, Parkview Drive and East Elk Street and Utility Reconstruction Project, Project No. 12-2063, for a decrease of $10,946.30.
14. No. PW120914-06 Approve Change Order #1 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Utility Maintenance Facility, Project# 13-2120 / CIP 50870, for an increase of $210,411.20.
15. No. PW120914-07 Approve Change Order #3 to Scull Construction Service Inc. for Canyon Lake Dam Reconstruction Project, Project No. 08-1743 / CIP No. 50739, for an increase of $144,353.98.
16. No. PW120914-08 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement Between the City of Rapid City, Rapid City Economic Development Foundation and Hilton Development Corporation for Drainage Improvements in Rushmore Business Park Subdivision.
17. No. PW120914-09 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Waiver of Right to Protest (WORP) for future installation of Subdivision Improvements adjacent to future Tract 2 of KWA Subdivision, currently NE1/4, SE1/4, less KWA Sub less Lot H-1 of S1/2, NE1/4, SE1/4, Sec. 1, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington Co., South Dakota (Generally located north of Longview Rd adjacent to and west of Radar Hill Road).
18. No. PW120914-10 Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Golden Eagle Water Main Extension DEV14-1198.
19. No. PW120914-17 Authorize Staff to Purchase a 2015 Sport Utility Vehicle AWD V-6 from Lamb Chevrolet for $25,099 Using State Bid Contract.
20. No. PW120914-18 Authorize Staff to Purchase Two (2) 2015 ½ Ton 4-Wheel Drive Extended Cab Pick Ups from Beck Motors for $50,612 Using State Bid Contract.
21. No. PW120914-11 Approve Contract Renewal with Polydyne Inc. for Polymer through December 31, 2015.
22. No. PW120914-12 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) for Professional Design Services for Skyline Wilderness Park Trailhead Development & Dinosaur Park Improvements, Project No. PR13-6109/CIP No. 51002.
23. No. PW120914-13 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 2 to Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Gill Design Inc. for Planning, Design and Construction Administration Professional Services for Meadowbrook Golf Course Ten Year Capital Improvements/Maintenance Plan and Bunker Improvements Phase One, Project No. PR12-6101/CIP No. 50938.
24. No. 14TP047 Approve Amendment #15-003 to the 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program.
25. No. PW120914-14 Authorize Staff to Advertise a Request for Proposals for LiDAR, Orthophotography, and Elevation Contours in an amount not to exceed $200,000.00.
26. No. 14TP045 Approve Amendment #15-002 to the 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program.
27. No. PW120914-15 BID Board Downtown Lighting Project Presentation. Estes moved, second by Roberts to acknowledge the presentation.
28. No. PW120914-16 Discussion on Conditions at Ridgewood Mobile Home Court (Located at 600 Lindbergh Avenue) Alderman John Roberts.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
29. No. LF121014-01 - Confirm Reappointments of Dr. Ernest Schabauer and Ruth Brennan to the Journey Museum Board of Directors
30. No. LF121014-02 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement for Collections Services between the City of Rapid City and Express Collections
31. No. LF121014-03 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Combined Election Agreement with Pennington County for the 2015 Municipal Election to be Held on June 2, 2015, and any Special Elections in 2015
32. No. LF121014-04 Approve Adjustments to City of Rapid City Temporary/Seasonal Pay Matrix
33. No. LF121014-05 Approve 2015 Insurance Renewals for Property, Liability, and Excess Workers Compensation.
34. No. LF121014-06 Approve Three Year Contract Renewal with Berkley Risk Services
35. No. 04TI001 Approve Resolution Dissolving TID 44.
36. No. LF121014-07 Continue Alliance of Tribal Tourism Advocates (ATTA) Update on Pow Wow Ground Project and Request for Extension of Time to the December 30, 2014, Legal and Finance Committee meeting.
37. No. LF121014-10 Approve Moving Funding for Cornerstone From FY2015 to FY2014 Giving Them $100,000 from Passage's FY2014 Funds.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items (NONE)
Continued Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
38. No. CC120114-02.1 - Approve award of Total Bid for a High Pressure Jet Sewer Cleaning Machine to the lowest responsible bidder, Flexible Pipe and Tool Company, in the amount of $194,538.00. (Continued from the December 1, 2014 Council)
39. No. CC121514-02.1 - Approve award of Total Bid for Hyland Drive Water Main Loop and Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. 14-2140 / CIP No. 50823 opened on December 9, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Hills Materials Company, in the amount of $261,649.80.
40. No. CC121514-02.2 - City Staff recommends referring the 2013 Storm Damage Recovery Project Skylight Replacement, Project No. 14-2220 / CIP No. 50903 to the December 30, 2014 Public Works Committee Meeting.
41. No. CC121514-02.3 - Approve award of Total Bid for Pavement Rehabilitation Project 1st and 2nd Street, Project No. 14-2204 / CIP No. 50844 opened on December 9, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Hills Material Company, in the amount of $367,488.55.
42. No. CC121514-02.4 - City Staff recommends denying all bids for Springbrook Acres Wildfire Fuel Mitigation Project and re-bid the project.
43. No. CC121514-02.5 - City Staff recommends referring the Copier Lease and Maintenance to the December 30, 2014 Public Works Committee Meeting.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS Items 44 60
Open Public Comment Items 44 60
Close Public Comment
44. No. LF112514-15 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6003, An Ordinance to Adopt the 2012 International Mechanical Code by Amending Chapter 15.26 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
45. No. LF112514-16 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6004, An Ordinance to Adopt the 2012 International Fuel Gas Code by Amending Chapter 15.22 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
46. No. LF121014-08 First Reading, Ordinance 6024, Supplemental Appropriation #4 for 2014.
47. No. LF121014-09 First Reading, Ordinance No. 6025, An Ordinance Repealing Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Wards and Precincts and Adopting a New Revised Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items
48. No. 14PL069 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers, Inc. for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lot 1R of Block 4 of Rushmore Business Park, property generally described as being located at 450 Concourse Drive.
Recommendation: Approve with Stipulations
49. No. 14PL076 - A request by William Anderson for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Tract 2 of the KWA Subdivision, property generally described as being located at 22965 Radar Hill Road
Recommendation: Approve with Stipulations
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Public Works Committee Items
50. No. PW093014-29 Approve Returning the Fairmont Recycle Site for South Rapid City Alderman Ron Weifenbach. (Referred from the October 6, 2014 Council Meeting)
Recommendation: Referred without recommendation
Compass Committee Items
CIP Committee Items
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Reissuance Items 51-58
2015 Retail (on-sale) Liquor Renewals
51. Lester Hospitality Rapid City, LLC DBA Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn, 505 N 5th Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License
52. QSL Rapid City LLC DBA Quaker Steak & Lube, 3313 E Mall Drive for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License
53. Tady LLC DBA Teddy's Sports Grill, 826 Main Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License
2015 Retail (on-off sale) Wine Renewals
54. Blue Lantern Lounge Inc. DBA Blue Lantern Lounge, 1200 E. St. Patrick Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
55. Platinum Restaurant Group Inc. DBA Marco's Pizza #4010, 4040 Cheyenne Blvd Suite A for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
56. Sodaco Inc. DBA Baymont Inn & Suites, 4040 Cheyenne Blvd, for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
2015 Package (off-sale) Liquor Renewals
57. Fresh Start Convenience Stores DBA Don's Valley Market (PL 4851) 747 Timmons Blvd for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License
58. Fresh Start Convenience Stores DBA Don's Valley Express (PL 5089) 3343 N. Haines Ave for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License
59. No. CC121514-04.2 - Performing Arts Presentation Nick Johnson
Council Items & Liaison Reports
60. No. CC121514-04.1 - Civic Center Liaison Report Alderman Doyle
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Planning Commission Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Items 61-69
Open Public Hearing - Items 61-69 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing - Items 61-69
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 61-66
Remove Items from the Consent Public Hearing Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
61. Black Hills Chapter of Germans from Russia Heritage Society for a SPECIAL EVENT Beer License for an Event Scheduled for February 22, 2015 at Blessed Sacrament Church, 4500 Jackson Boulevard
62. Black Hills Works Foundation DBA Suzie Cappa Art Center, 722 St. Joseph Street for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
63. Thrifty Smoke Shop Inc. Kurt Schimmer DBA Thrifty Smoke Shop III, 1101 W Omaha #3 for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License
64. Mills Drug Inc. DBA Boyds Liquor Mart, 1424 Mt Rushmore Rd, for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License
65. Bach Investment Inc. DBA Hideaway Casino, 1575 N LaCrosse St Ste I, for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License
66. Fresh Start Convenience Stores Inc. DBA Fresh Start #31, 2215 Haines Ave for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Items 67-69
67. No. 14PD036 - Second Reading, Ordinance 6019, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, to create a Planned Unit Development Zoning District within Described Property as requested by Renner & Associates, LLC for Cummins Central Power for Lots 2R and 3R of Block 1 of I-90 Heartland Business Park, legally described as Lots 2, 3 and 8 of Block 1 of I-90 Heartland Business Park, located in the E1/2 of the NE1/4 of Section 28, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located North Elk Vale Road and Taggert Road. (Continued from the December 1, 2014 Council)
68. No. 14RZ011 Second Reading,Ordinance 6021, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, Rezoning the within Described Property as requested by Chris Ericks for a Rezoning from General Commercial District to Medium Density Residential District for Lot B of Tract 1 of (Outlot B) of Merchens First Addition, located in Section 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located 620 East Meade Street.
69. No. 14VR004 Original Town of Rapid City. A request by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers, Inc. for Norman Hansen to consider an application for a Vacation of Right of Way for property generally described as being located at 3 Main Street. (Continued from the December 1, 2014 Council)
Recommendation: Approve with stipulations
70. No. CC121514-01 Bill List for December 15, 2014