ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 15, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of November 1, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
1) PW111511-22 – Confirm Appointment of Andy Scull to the TIF Committee as the Planning Commission Alternate.
ITEMS FROM THE FINANCE OFFICER
2) PW111511-23 – Update on Committee Agendas.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
3) PW111511-01 – Acknowledge October 2011 Water Production Report.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW111511-02 – Change Order No. 2F to DHD Construction for 2011 Miscellaneous Improvements Project, Project No. MIP11-1923 / CIP No. 50298, for an increase of $8,795.12.
5) PW111511-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD Inc. for East St. Francis Alley Storm Sewer, Project No. DR11-1917 / CIP No. 50847, for an increase of $11,173.95.
6) PW111511-04 – Change Order No. 1F to Black Hills Roofing for Rapid City Water Reclamation Facility - Chlorination Building Reroof, Project No. WRF11-1965, for an increase of $2,560.70.
7) PW111511-05 – Change Order No. 3 to First Dakota Enterprises LLC for the Meadowbrook Golf Maintenance Shop, Project No. PR10-1902 / CIP No. 50841, for an increase of $8,653.32 and 5 working days.
8) PW111511-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Hills Materials Company for the 2011 Out of the Dust Project, Project No. ST11-1968 / CIP No. 50297, for a decrease of $812.44.
9) PW111511-07 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD Inc. for Pavement Rehabilitation Project #3, Project No. ST11-1912 / CIP No. 50844, for an increase of $82,703.71.
10) PW111511-08 – Change Order No. 1F to Hills Materials Company for Pavement Rehabilitation Project #5, Project No. ST11-1914 / CIP No. 50844, for an increase of $24,029.45.
11) PW111511-09 – Change Order No. 1F to KRM Concrete LLC for Signal Hill Sidewalk, Project No. SWK11-1944 / CIP No. 50869, for an increase of $7,527.47.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
12) PW111511-10 – Enchanted Pines Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS10-1938 / CIP No. 50859. Estimated Cost: $120,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) PW111511-11 – Temporary Construction Easements and a Permanent Utility Easement for items related to construction of the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant.
14) PW111511-12 – Memorandum of Understanding Between the Pennington County Highway Department and the City of Rapid City – Exchange of Snow Routes.
15) PW091311-14 – Drainage Basin Fee Collection and Disbursement. (Continued from the October 11, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
16) PW111511-13 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Elk Vale Lift Station Upgrades, Project No. 11-1999 / CIP No. 50728.
17) PW111511-14 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for South Trailview Drive Utility Reconstruction Project, Project No. 11-2001 / CIP No. 50824.
18) PW111511-15 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Memorial Park and Civic Center Irrigation Improvements Project, Project No. 12-2002 / CIP No. 50896.
19) PW111511-16 – Authorize Lowering the Percentage of Work that the General Contractor must perform from 50% to 35% for the Rapid City Greenway Trails and Pedestrian Facilities Project, Project No. PR08-6017.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
20) PW111511-18 – Resolution No. 2011-133, Establishing 2012 Golf Course Fees.
21) PW111511-19 – Resolution No. 2011-130, Establishing 2012 Ice Arena Fees.
22) PW111511-20 – Resolution No. 2011-131, Establishing Rates for the Rapid City Aquatics Division.
23) PW111511-21 – Resolution No. 2011-132, Establishing Fees for Grave Spaces and Cemetery Services.