ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 30, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of November 9, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
1) PW113010-01 – A Resolution Establishing a Maximum Connection Fee For Sewer Construction Projects Identified In the Source Water Protection Study (W07-1684) Prepared by Stanley Consultants in July 2009.
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
2) PW113010-02 – Corrective Resolution Renaming Elgin Street to Eglin Street.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) PW113010-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Site Work Specialists, Inc. for Highway 16 Fire Station Detention Cell, Project No. DR03-1268 / CIP No. 50440, for a decrease of $2,637.55.
4) PW113010-04 – Change Order No. 1F to Highmark, Inc. for Maple Avenue/Rapid Creek Emergency Sanitary Sewer Encasement, Project No. SS10-1906 / CIP No. 50842, for a decrease of $1,790.63.
5) PW113010-05 – Change Order No. 2F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for West Chicago Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W08-1763 / CIP No. 50282, for a decrease of $40,245.75.
6) PW113010-06 – Change Order No. 2F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for St. Andrew Street Reconstruction, Lincoln Avenue to Elm Avenue, Project No. ST10-1803 / CIP No. 50714, for a decrease of $43,762.03.
7) PW113010-07 – Change Order No. 1 to RCS Construction for Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1830 / CIP No. 50778, for an increase of $67,100.00.
8) PW113010-08 – Change Order No. 1F to Highmark, Inc. for 2010 Manhole Adjustments, Project No. SS10-1916 / CIP No. 50846, for an increase of $615.00.
9) PW113010-09 – Change Order No. 1F to Quinn Construction Inc. for Landfill Gas Collection System, Project No. LF09-1795 / CIP No. 50762, for a decrease of $15,673.75.
10) PW113010-10 – Change Order No. 2 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Milo Barber Transportation Center Site Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746, for an increase of $1,934.00.
11) PW113010-11 – Change Order No. 2 to RCS Construction, Inc. for 2010 WRF Improvements, Project No. WRF10-1856 / CIP No. 50791, for an increase of $12,001.20.
12) PW113010-12 – Change Order No. 1F to Xcel Demo, LLC for Omaha Street Stormwater Quality, Project No. DR09-1801 / CIP No. 50782. No cost change order, increase in contract days.
13) PW113010-13 – Change Order No. 2 to RCS Construction, Inc. for Knollwood Drainage Outfall Elements 2 and 20, Project No. DR04-1390 / CIP No. 50312, for a decrease of $130,767.20.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
14) PW113010-14 – 2011 WRF Polymer, Water Reclamation Division. Estimated cost: $80,000.00.
15) PW113010-15 – Meadowbrook Maintenance Shop, Project No. PR10-1902 / CIP No. 50841. Estimated cost: $860,000.00.
16) PW113010-16 – CSAC Restroom ADA Upgrade, Project No. GB10-1876 / CIP No. 50813. Estimated cost: $75,000.00 (City portion: $45,000.00.)
17) PW113010-17 – Adams Street and North Street Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. SS10-1884 / CIP No. 50197. Estimated cost: $360,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
18) PW110910-10 – Sewer Service Agreement Between Rapid Valley Sanitary District and the City of Rapid City, South Dakota. (Continued from the November 9, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
19) PW113010-18 – Amendment to the agreement with Helen Rozdal Back to extend the expiration date of a temporary easement agreement from December 1, 2010 to one year after project completion date. Anamosa Street Project Phase 2, Haines to Midway, State Project No. P1648(3), PCN H021, City Project No. ST07-1472 / CIP No. 50519.
20) PW113010-19 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering Company, Inc. for 2010 WRF Improvements, Project No. WRF10-1856 / CIP No. 50791, in the amount of $24,886.00. (To be funded through SRF loan.)
21) PW113010-20 – Release of Easement located at 2009 Monte Vista Drive for the Fire Hydrant Installation Annual Project, Project No. W08-1875 / CIP No. 50808.
22) PW113010-21 – Professional Services Agreement with Sperlich Consulting for Levee Certification, Project No. DR09-1840 / CIP No. 50756, in the amount of $214,015.16.
23) PW113010-22 – Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for Tasks 4 & 5 – Basic & Expanded Construction Services for Jackson Boulevard Utilities, Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351, in the amount of $75,590.00.
24) PW113010-23 – Covenant Agreement Between City of Rapid City and McCarthy Properties, LLC to allow the continued use of a sub-grade encroachment into the adjacent public right of way. Downtown Improvement Project – 6th Street from Kansas City Street to Omaha Street, Project No. ST10-1817 / CIP No. 50138
25) PW113010-24 – Right of Way Certificate, Letting Authorization, and Utilities Certificate with the SD Department of Transportation for Anamosa Street Reconstruction, Phase 2, Haines to Midway, State Project No. P1648(3), PCN H021, City Project No. ST07-1472 / CIP No. 50519.
26) PW113010-25 – Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company for 1Construction Phase Services for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789, in the amount of $1,908,500.00.
27) PW113010-26 – Authorize acceptance of an H Lot and Quit Claim Deed for the following described property: Lot H1 located in the North Half of the Northwest Quarter (N1/2NW1/4) of Section Sixteen (16), Township One North (T1N), Range Seven East (R7E) of the Black Hills Meridian, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, containing 0.033 acres, more or less. Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777.
28) PW113010-27 – Approve Construction Fee Resolution #2010-164 for 9th Street Watermain Construction, Project No. W10-1885.
29) PW113010-28 – Approve Construction Fee Resolution #2010-165 for Homestead Subdivision, Phase I 16” Watermain Oversizing, Project No. DEV08-901.
30) PW113010-29 – Approve Resolution #2010-167A Establishing Time and Place for Hearing on Final Assessment Roll for the E. St. Patrick Street Sidewalk Project, Project No. MIP09-1805.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
31) No. 10VE013 - Wildwood Subdivision - A request by Joe and Shelby Keeton to consider an application for a Vacation of a Note on a Plat for Lot 7 of Block 3 of Wildwood Subdivision, Section 21, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 5480 Pine Tree Drive.
32) No. 10RD004 - Section 32, T2N, R8E - A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution for Road Name Change from Century Road to Camden Drive for the portion of the Century Road right-of-way lying within Anamosa Crossing Subdivision and Menard Subdivision, Section 32, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of the intersection of East North Street and East Anamosa Street.
33) PW113010-30 – Chapel Valley Access Traffic Analysis and Route Alignment Study.