Please remember to turn all cell
phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
Please remember to turn all cell phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, March 17, 2014
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Veteran of the Month, Rodney Parks, Ward 1
2. Sustainability Award Rapid City Parks Department and 42nd Street Design Studio
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 3 - 54
Open Public Comment Items 3 - 44
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS Items 3 - 44
Remove Items from the Consent Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
3. Approve Minutes for the March 3, 2014 Regular Council meeting and Minutes for the March 10, 2014 Special (Retreat) Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (April 21, 2014)
4. No. 14VR001 - A request by FMG Inc. for South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, for property generally described as being located in the portion of Hawthorne Avenue lying north of East St. Andrew Street.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (April 7, 2014)
5. Platinum Restaurant Group Inc DBA Marco's Pizza, 3625 Jackson Blvd, for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License TRANSFER from Derby Advertising Inc DBA Meadowbrook Pub & Grill, 3625 Jackson Blvd
6. Platinum Restaurant Group Inc DBA Marco's Pizza, 3625 Jackson Blvd, for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage License TRANSFER from Derby Advertising Inc DBA Meadowbrook Pub & Grill, 3625 Jackson Blvd
Public Works Committee Consent Items
7. No. PW031114-02 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Debris Collection Site Damage Repair Operation Atlas Recovery, Project No. 14-2181 / CIP No. 51027. Estimated Cost: $150,000.00.
8. No. PW031114-03 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Robbinsdale Area Street and Utility Reconstruction E St. Charles and Belleview Drive, Project No. 13-2088 / CIP No. 50389.4-2. Estimated Cost: $1,600,000.00.
9. No. PW031114-04 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Utility Cut Portland Cement Concrete Replacement. Estimated Cost: $75,000.00.
10. No. PW031114-05 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Dial-A-Ride Transit Vehicles Purchase. Estimated Cost: $400,000.00.
11. No. PW031114-06 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign State of South Dakota Joint Powers Financial Agreement Between Department of Transportation and City of Rapid City and authorize the City project, Project No 12-2022 / CIP 50448, PCN X02Q, to advertise in conjunction with the SDDOT project P 0231(12)80 PCN 02R5.
12. No. PW031114-07 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Wildwood Drive Reconstruction Phase 1, Project No. 13-2118 / CIP No. 50453, in the amount of $96,750.00.
13. No. PW031114-08 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Construction Professional Services for Grandview and Nevada Drive Robbinsdale Area Street and Utility Reconstruction, Project No. 13-2102 / CIP No. 50421.3-4, in the amount of $119,567.50.
14. No. PW031114-09 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Upper Deck Architects for 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project, Project No. 12-2016 / CIP No. 50903, in the amount of $20,963.00.
15. No. PW031114-11 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and DOECK, LLC, Regarding Ownership and Maintenance of a Storm Water Detention Pond Located in Lot 14, Brookfield Subdivision.
16. No. PW031114-12 Authorize Lowering the Percentage of Work that the General Contractor Must Perform from 50% to 35% for the Main Street Water Valve Repair Project, Project No. 08-1761 / CIP No. 50705.
17. No. PW031114-13 Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Elks Crossing Subdivision Street and Utility Improvements, Duckhorn Street and Vinecliff Drive DEV12-1106.
18. No. PW031114-14 Authorize the use of J & D Precast Inc. 48 diameter precast concrete manholes per City of Rapid City Standard Specifications 9.2-C-1.
19. No. PW031114-15 Approve Standard Agreements for Early Water and Sanitary Sewer Connection for S. Berry Pine Rd Sanitary Sewer Extension Source Water Protection and West Main St Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, and Authorize Public Works Director to Sign.
21. No. PW031114-18 Approve a request by H & W LLC for authorization to prepare an H Lot located on the northern portion of Lot 2 Revised of Lot A, Section 3, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, to authorize acceptance of the deed and to allow temporary access across the adjacent City property for the purposes of grading.
22. No. PW031114-19 Deny the Request by Lazy P6 Land Company Inc. for a Holding Tank for Unit 11 and Undivided Interest in Common Area, Southgate Commercial Condos, Section 19, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota generally located South and East of the 5th Street and Catron Boulevard intersection.
23. No. PW031114-22 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Resolution 2014-037 A Resolution to Declare an Emergency and Authorize Repair or Replacement of Certain Fixtures and Equipment at the City's Water Reclamation Facility
24. No. PW031114-20 Deny the Request for Exception to not construct a portion of East Minnesota Street adjacent to proposed Phase 3 of Elks Country Estates.
25. No. PW031114-21 Approve the Request to Suspend the Resolution Declaring Highmark Inc. a Non-Responsible Bidder.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
26. No. LF031214-01 - Approve Appointment of Mark Jobman to the Compass Committee
27. No. LF031214-02 Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for February 2014
28. No. CC022114-01 Acknowledge Update on the Journey Museum HVAC System Repairs
29. No. CC022114-03 Deny matching funding for the SDDOT Transportation Alternatives Program Project, Mako Sica Trail & Connection to Western Dakota Tech.
30. No. LF031214-03 Acknowledge January 2014 General Fund Cash Balance Report
31. No. LF031214-05 Resolution No. 2014-028A Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
32. No. LF031214-06 - Resolution No. 2014-031 of the Governing Body of City of Rapid City, Authorizing the Execution and Delivery of a Master Governmental Lease-Purchase Agreement and Supplement No. 370946-401 Thereto with Respect to the Acquisition, Purchase, Financing and Leasing of Certain Equipment for the Public Benefit; Authorizing the Execution and Delivery of Documents Required in Connection Therewith; and Authorizing the Taking of All Other Actions Necessary to the Consummation of the Transactions Contemplated by this Resolution
33. No. LF031214-07 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign 5-Year Promissory Note with Pioneer Bank & Trust for $1,680,170 at 3.0% Interest to Finance the Tyler Technologies Software and BerryDunn Consultant Contracts and Associated Documents.
34. No. LF031214-08 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Wells Fargo Equipment and Vehicle Finance Application for the City's 2014 Funding Needs
35. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker's Compensation Purposes: Barbara Joseph
36. No. LF031214-09 Resolution No. 2014-029 Re-Adopting an Employee Recognition Program
37. No. LF031214-10 Resolution No. 2014-030 to Approve Establishing the Position of City Communication Coordinator and Adding 1.0 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) to Community Resources Budgeted Head Count
38. No. LF031214-12 Approve Request to Dissolve the IDPF Program (Infrastructure Development Partnership Fund) and to Reallocate the Funds to the Opportunity Capture Fund.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items
39. No. 14AN001 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers, Inc. for E. Jason Stamper for Stamper Black Hills Gold Jewelry Inc., for a petition for a voluntary annexation for property generally described as being located at 7201 South Highway 16.
Continued Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
40. No. CC031714-02.1 - Approve award of Total Bid for one new Type II Sprinter Ambulance opened on March 11, 2014 to the lowest responsible bidder, Allegiant Emergency Services Inc., in the amount of $97,960.00
41. No. CC031714-02.3 - Approve award of Total Bid for Remount Four (4) Wheeled Coach Ambulance Modules opened on March 11, 2014 to the lowest responsible bidder, Allegiant Emergency Services Inc., in the amount of $323,548.00
42. No. CC031714-02.4 - Approve award of Total Bid for 2014 4 Water Main Replacement and Looping Project No. 14-2128 / CIP No. 51013 opened on March 11, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Highmark, Inc., in the amount of $540,314.25.
43. No. CC031714-02.5 - Approve award of Total Bid for Three (3) New Current Model Year 1/2 Ton 4x4 Crew Cab Short Box Pickups opened on March 11, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Scott Peterson Motors, in the amount of $79,239.24.
44. No. CC031714-02.6 - Approve award of Total Bid for Meadowbrook Golf Course Bunker Improvements Project No. PR12-6101, opened on March 11, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Duininck, Inc., in the amount of $371,581.50
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS Items 45 - 54
Open Public Comment Items 45 - 54
Close Public Comment
45. No. LF100213-27 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 5964, An Ordinance to Revise the Powers, Duties, and Process of the Human Relations Commission by Amending Chapter 2.64 of the Rapid City Municipal Code (Continued from the 3/3/14 Council).
46. No. PW022514-28 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 5973, An Ordinance Amending Provisions Concerning Garbage and Refuse Collection in Newly Annexed Areas by Amending Section 8.08.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
47. No. 14RZ001 - First Reading, Ordinance 5983, an Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, Rezoning the within Described Property as requested by Jared Dupont from General Agricultural District to Light Industrial District for property generally described as being located west of Creek Drive between Centre Street and East St. Patrick Street.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items
48. No. 13PL139 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying and Consulting Engineers , Inc. for Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity - Scott Engmann Executive Director for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for property generally described as being located at 925 Dilger Avenue.
49. No. 14PL004 - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lot 27R of Block 2, Lots 39 thru 53 of Block 2, Lots 9 thru 11 of Block 3 of Rainbow Ridge Subdivision, generally described as being located at west of Bunker Drive at the current western terminuses of Gladys Street and Alma Street.
50. No. 14PL005 - A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc for SODAK Development Company for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lots 2 thru 10 of Block 5, Lots 2 thru 7 of Block 6 and Lots 1 thru 7 of Block 9 of Homestead Subdivision, generally described as being located at north of the existing terminus of Haakon Street.
51. No. 14PL007 - A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for ZCO, Inc. for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Lot 25 of Block 10, Lot 1 of Block 13 and Lots 4 through 20 of Block 14 of Elk Country Estates, generally described as being located at southeast of the intersection of Padre Drive and Jolly Lane.
52. No. 14PL008 - A request by Renner and Associates, LLC for Greg and Elizabeth Goeken for a Preliminary Subdivision Plan for proposed Tract 1R of the W/12 of the NW1/4 of Section 26, generally described as being located lying approximately 600 feet north of the intersection of US Highway16 and Catron Boulevard on the west side of US Highway 16.
Legal & Finance Committee Items
53. No. CC020314-04.1 Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amended Developer's Agreement with President's Plaza.
53a. No. LF031214-11 Deny request from Ryan Purdie for Reimbursement for Personal Property Abated at 1918 5th Street.
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Compass Committee Items
CIP Committee Items
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items
54. No. CC031714-02.2 - One (1) new Type III Star-of-Life Certified Ambulance
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications
Council Items & Liaison Reports
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
Planning Commission Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Items 55 - 60
Open Public Hearing - Items 55 - 59 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing - Items 55 - 59
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 55 - 59
Remove Items from the Consent Public Hearing Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
55. Rapid City Chamber of Commerce for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for April 8, 2014 at Dakota Business Center, 1635 Deadwood Avenue
56. Museum of the American Bison for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for March 22, 2014 at Museum of the American Bison, 607 St Joseph Street
57. Black Hills Works for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for Events Scheduled for May 8, 2014; July 31, 2014; October 30, 2014 and December 11, 2014 at Suzie Cappa Art Center, 722 St. Joseph Street
58. Continental Leisure, Inc DBA Carousel Casino, 2050 West Main #2 for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage License (InActive) TRANSFER from Frank Boyle DBA Rummys, 200 E Main
59. No. LF031214-04 Resolution No. 2014-017B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 60
Open Public Hearing Item 60
Close Public Hearing
60. No CC031714-04.1 - Resolution No. 2014-035 - A Resolution Authorizing An Application For Financial Assistance, Authorizing The Execution And Submittal Of The Application, And Designating An Authorized Representative For The East Rapid City Water System Expansion Project, Project No. 13-2107 / CIP No. 50964
61. No. CC031714-01 Bill List for March 17, 2014