ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 11, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of April 27, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW042710-01 – Water Conservation Rebate Request – Warren Sylliaasen. (Continued from the April 27, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) PW051110-01 – Request to eliminate on-street parking from Jackson Boulevard near Mountain View Road due to intersection reconstruction – Tom Horan and Todd Seaman, SDDOT.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW051110-02 Taxicabs and Limousines – Alderwoman Patti Martinson. (Continued from the April 27, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) PW051110-03 – Sidewalks for South Side of the 100 Block of New York Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the April 27, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
5) PW051110-04 – Ports to Plains Alliance – Alderwoman Karen Gunderson Olson.
6) Status of Completion of 9th Street Curb Reconstruction North of Fulton Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
7) Request to Purchase GIS/GPS System for the City Landfill – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) PW051110-05 – Change Order No. 2 to Zenon Environmental Corporation for the Water Treatment Plant Upgrades – Jackson Springs Membrane Prepurchase, Project No. W07-1689 / CIP No. 50696, for extension of the final submittal milestone date from 120 days to 134 days after the Notice to Proceed. This is a no cost change order.
9) PW051110-06 – Change Order No. 10 Final to Sampson Construction for the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Multipurpose Addition, Project No. IDP06-1555, for an increase of $20,097.00.
10) PW051110-24 – Change Order No. 1F to RCS Construction, Inc. for Catron Boulevard / Highway 16B Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1782 / CIP No. 50396, for a decrease of $27,868.32.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) PW051110-07 – Jackson Boulevard Joint Sealing & Panel Repair, Project No. ST10-1871 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated cost: $125,000.00.
12) PW051110-08– 2010 Chip Seal Project – Mountain View Area, Project No. ST10-1855 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated cost: $235,000.00.
13) PW051110-09 – Energy Efficient Street Light Pilot Project, Project No. SL10-1878 / CIP No. 50814. Estimated cost: $44,000.00. (To be funded through DOE grant.)
14) PW051110-10 – 2010 Miscellaneous Improvements Project, Project No. MIP10-1857 / CIP No. 50298. Estimated Cost: $84,000.00.
15) PW051110-11 – St. Patrick Street Sidewalk Repairs and ADA Upgrades, Project No. ST10-1874 / CIP No. 50809. Estimated cost: $35,000.00.
16) PW051110-12 – 7TH Street & Kansas City Street Overlay Project, Project No. ST10-1880 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated cost: $250,000.00.
17) PW051110-13 – Road Way De-Icer – Road Deicing Salt – Sodium Chloride. Estimated cost: $97,000.00.
18) PW051110-14 – Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Main Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777. Estimated cost: $883,000.00. (Funded by Federal Stag Grant and Utilities Facility Fund.)
19) PW051110-15 – Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Main Extension, Project No. SS09-1830 / CIP No. 50778. Estimated cost: $550,000.00. (Funded by Federal Stag Grant and Utilities Facility Fund.)
20) PW051110-25 – Silver Street Area Utility Improvements, Project No. SSW07-1656 / CIP No. 50418. Estimated cost: $2,650,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
21) PW042710-12 – Lease Agreement with Matt Kammerer for the Purposes of a Haying Operation for Property Located on North Elk Vale Road. (Continued from the April 27, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
22) PW051110-16 – Maintenance and Encroachment Agreement between SD Department of Transportation and City of Rapid City for SD Federal Aid Construction Project Number NH 2016(17)64 PCN 6875, located on US16B from US16 to SD 79 and consists of urban grading, portland cement concrete (PCC) surfacing, roadway lighting, and traffic signals at the intersections of US16B with 5th Street and US16.
23) PW051110-17 – Maintenance Agreement between SD Department of Transportation and City of Rapid City for Traffic Signals on the State Highway System.
24) PW051110-18 – Amendment No. 4Final to the Professional Services Agreement with FourFront Design, Inc. for the Civic Center Expansion, Project No. IDP06-1555, for an increase of $2,965.00.
25) PW051110-19 – Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering for Wetland Monitoring located in the NW ¼ of Section 19, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, Project No. DR10-1881, in the amount of $10,000.
26) PW051110-20 – Professional Services Agreement with Banner Associates, Inc. for Northridge Water Storage Reservoir, Project No. W09-1792 / CIP 50754, in the amount of $268,800.00.
27) PW051110-21 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Water Reservoir Maintenance, Project No. W10-1879 / CIP No. 50804.
28) PW051110-22 – Approve funding line item allocation change for Oak Avenue, Oak Drive, and Oakland Street Reconstruction professional services, Project No. ST09-1824 / CIP 50424. No cost change.
29) Acknowledgment and presentation of South Dakota Engineering Society Project of the Year Award to the City of Rapid City and Cetec Engineering for “Well 12 and Stoney Creek Booster Station, Project No. W03-953 / CIP 50318”.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
30) PW051110-23 – Parking Determination for the Central High School within the Civic Center District.
31) No. 10VE008 - Robbinsdale Addition No. 10 – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Kale McNaboe to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Utility and Drainage Easement on Lot 21 of Block 8 of Robbinsdale Addition No. 10, located in the SE1/4 of the NW1/4, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 806 Marie Court.