ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, December 29, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of December 15, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
1) Request Authorization to Solicit Proposals for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Initiative for Rapid City Facilities. Estimated cost $35,000.00.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
2) PW122909-01 – Change Order No. 1 to Rapid Construction Company LLC for the Rapid River Subdivision Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS06-1587 / CIP No. 50653, for a decrease of $1,387.77.
3) PW122909-02 – Change Order No. 1 to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for the 5th Street Pedestrian Crossing, Project No. ST08-1764 / CIP No. ST08-1764, for an increase of $1,140.00.
4) PW122909-03 – Change Order No. 2 to Seco Construction, Inc. for the Milo Barber Transportation Center, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50476, for an increase of $25,897.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
5) PW122909-04 – Hartland Court Relocation (Dover Drainage Improvements), Project No. DR05-1452 / CIP No. 50025. Estimated Cost: $350,000.00.
6) PW122909-05 – Well No. 13 Raw Water Meter Installation, Project No. W10-1846 / CIP No. 50781. Estimated Cost: $30,000.00.
7) PW122909-06 – Oak Avenue, Oak Drive, and Oakland Street, Robbinsdale Reconstruction Project, Phase Two, Project Four, Project No. WSS09-1824 / CIP No. No. 50424. Estimated Cost: $1,650,000.00.
8) PW122909-07 – 2010 Street Division Dump Truck with Snow Plow Attachment. Budgeted item to replace 1995 IHC with 107,337 miles. Estimated cost: $130,000.
9) PW122909-08 – 2010 Street Division Pothole Patch Truck. Budgeted item to replace 1998 ThermoLay Patch Truck with 91,000 miles. Estimated cost: $155,000.00.
10) PW122909-09 – 2010 Street Division Vacuum Street Sweeper. Budgeted item to replace 2001 Elgin GeoVac with 5,938 hours. Estimated cost: $225,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) PW122909-10 – Agreements Necessary for Black Hills Power and Light to Provide Electrical Services for the Landfill Gas Collection System, Project No. LF09-1795 / CIP No. 50762. Agreements include: Application and Agreement for Electrical Services Extension, Right of Way Permit, and Grade Agreement.
12) PW122909-11 – Agreements Necessary for Black Hills Power and Light to Provide Electrical Services for the Landfill Leachate Removal and Remediation, Project No. LF07-1681 / CIP No. 50694. Agreements include: Application and Agreement for Electrical Services Extension, Right of Way Permit, and Grade Agreement.
13) PW122909-12 – Agreement with American Engineering Testing, Inc. for Sampling, Analysis, and Reporting Related to 2010 Environmental Monitoring for the Rapid City Landfill. Amount not to exceed $47,484.28.
14) PW122909-13 – Agreement with American Engineering Testing, Inc. for Calculating Greenhouse Gas Emissions for the Rapid City Landfill. Amount not to exceed $2,000.00.
15) PW122909-14 – Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for 2010 Water Reclamation Facility Improvements, Project No. WRF10-1856 / CIP No. 50791, in the amount of $92,496.00.
16) PW122909-15 – Agreement with David and Cara Wise for the Acquisition of a Permanent Utility Easement and H Lot.
17) PW122909-16 – Agreement with the Hawthorne Ditch Co. for Vacation and Release of Irrigation Right of Way across Portions of Tract 1 and 2 of Bradsky No. 2 Subdivision.
18) PW122909-17 – Agreements Necessary for the State to Reconstruct Highway 16B (Catron Boulevard). Agreements include: Right-Of-Way Agreement, Quit Claim Deed, and Temporary Construction Easement.
19) PW122909-18 – Request Authority to Purchase Roadway Deicing Salt for 2010 off State Contract. Estimated cost: $500,000.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) No. 09FV014 - Section 29, T2N, R7E – A request by FMG, Inc. for Good Samaritan Society to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a seven foot high fence in the Medium Density Residential and General Agriculture Zoning Districts on the SE1/4 SW1/4 and the SW1/4 SW1/4 and the NE1/4 SW1/4 and the NW1/4 SE1/4 all in Section 29, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located southwest of the intersection of St. Martins Drive and Sturgis Road.
21) No. 09VE017 - Red Rock Meadows Subdivision – A request by K1 Construction, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement on Lot 10 of Block 7 of Red Rock Meadows Subdivision, located in the SW1/4 NW1/4, Section 28, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 6515 Seminole Lane.