ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 24, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of February 10, 2009 and correct minutes of December 9, 2008, to reflect incorrectly listed project number. Change incorrect project number SS08-1728 for the West Boulevard Area Sewer Reconstruction Project, Phase 2 – 11th Street to correct project number SS09-1772.
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. PW022409-01 – Sewer Line Near Box Elder, Hani Shafai, Dream Design, Rapid City (Continued from 2/10/09 PW Meeting)
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) No. PW022409-02 – Sidewalks on Deadwood Avenue (Continued from the 12/9/08 CC, 1/27/09 PW, & 2/10/09 PW.)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) No. PW022409-03 – Change Order No. 2 Secondary Digester Cover and Gas Mixing Equipment Replacement, to Heavy Constructors, Inc., Project No. WRF07-1549A, for an increase of $1,625.36 and five days.
4) No. PW022409-13 – Change Order No. 1 for Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension, to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc., Project No. SS07-1658 / CIP No. 50686, for an increase of $27,771.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
5) No. PW022409-06 – Elm Avenue Sanitary Sewer, Hillshire Court to Minnesota Street, Project No. SS08-1709 / CIP No. 50152. Estimated cost of project: $278,000.00.
6) No. PW022409-10 – 2009 Street Division Class 8 Tandem Axle Dump Truck w/ Snow Plow Attachment. Replacement – trade/auction #SO16: 1994 FRHT w/ 110,921 miles.
7) No. PW022409-11 – 2009 Street Division Tandem Flat Bed Patch Truck. Replacement for asphalt patch truck #S137: 1984 Chevy with 76,875 miles. Street Division will fabricate utility portion of the truck bed.
8) No. PW022409-12 – 2009 Street Division Vacuum Street Sweeper. Replacement for Sweeper #SO46: 2001 Elgin GeoVac w/ 3,925 hours.
9) No. PW022409-29 – 2009 Street Division Sander/Spreader Truck. Replacement for #SO63: 2000 International, small combination sander/dump truck with 19,961 miles.
10) No. PW022409-18 – East North Street Overlay, Project No. ST08-1784 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated cost of project: $190,000.00.
11) No. PW022409-19 – 44th Street Reconstruction – Phase I, Project No. ST05-1435 / CIP No. 50365. Estimated cost of project: $2,000,000.00.
12) No. PW022409-20 – Hot Mixed Asphaltic Concrete for Various City Departments.
13) No. PW022409-21 – Limestone Gravel for Various City Departments.
14) No. PW022409-22 – Ready Mixed Concrete for Various City Departments
15) No. PW022409-23 – Handheld, Mobile Two-Way Radios / Pagers for Various City Departments.
16) No. PW022409-24 – Sweeper Broom Refills for Street Cleaning.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
17) No. PW022409-04 – Professional Services Agreement with West Plains Engineering, Inc. to replace and relocate Motor Control Center in the Operations Building Old Lab Space. Replace electrical feeders. Provide environmental control and monitoring, Project No. WRF08-1732 / CIP No. 50730, in the amount of $65,155.00
18) No. PW022409-14 – Amendment with Stockwell Engineers, Inc. for Highway 16 Fire Detention Cell construction observation services (phase two and three.) Project No. DR03-1268 / CIP No. 50440. Amendment amount: $2,900.00.
19) No. PW022409-16 – Professional Services Agreement with Wenck Associates, Inc. for Landfill Gas Study. Project No. SWO08-1739 / CIP No. 50737, in the amount of $58,248.00.
20) No. PW022409-17 – Consulting Agreement with Wenck Associates, Inc. for Landfill Leachate Removal and Remediation – Final Design and Bidding. Project No. LF07-1681 / CIP No. 50694, in the amount of $23,515.00.
21) No. PW022409-26 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for Geotechnical Evaluation – Tower Road Water Main Loop, Project No. W09-1786 / CIP No. 50753, in the amount of $2,800.00.
22) No. PW021009-08 – Agreement with Dr. Duane Pankratz concerning Collection and Disbursement of Sewer Construction Fees for SDDOT Eglin Street Re-alignment, Project No. DEV06-825, P3230(00)43, DDI No. 05-0404. (Continued from 2/10/09 PW Meeting.)
23) No. PW021009-09 – Approve Resolution to Establish Sewer Frontage Construction Fees for SDDOT Eglin Street Re-alignment, Project No. DEV06-825, P3230(00)43, DDI No. 05-0404. (Continued from 2/10/09 PW Meeting.)
24) No. PW022409-05 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Kepps Watermain Extension and Control Valve, Project No. W08-1702 / CIP #50625.
25) No. PW022409-08 – Request Permission to Purchase One ½ Ton Pickup Purchase from State Bid Contract #15540, from Beck Ford Motor Company, Pierre. Unit to replace Unit #829, a 1992 Ford Aerostar van with 82,962 miles. Budgeted item with cost split between the three utilities.
26) No. PW022409-15 – Approve an Initial Resolution of Necessity setting time and place for hearing on March 10, 2009, at seven o’clock p.m., for Tower Road Water Main Loop, Project No. W09-1786 / CIP No. 50753.
27) No. PW022409-27 – Approve Resolution for Bridge Reinspection Program for Use with SDDOT Retainer Contracts for 2009.
28) No. PW022409-28 – Alfalfa/Hay Harvesting for Public Works Department.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
29) Authorize transfer of Tower Road from South Dakota Department of Transportation to the City of Rapid City.