Please remember to turn all cell
phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
Please remember to turn all cell phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, January 5, 2015
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 1 - 53
Open Public Comment Items 1 - 49
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS Items 1 - 49
Remove Items from the Consent Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1. Approve Minutes for the December 15, 2014 Regular Council meeting and the December 29, 2014 Special Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (February 2, 2015)
2. No. 14VR005 - A request by City of Rapid City Parks and Recreation for a Vacation of Right-of-Way for that portion of Skyline Drive adjacent to Tract J of the SW1/4 of the NW1/4 and Lots 15, 16R and 17 of Kepp Heights Subdivision No. 3, located in Section 11, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located south of the intersection of Skyline Drive and Flormann Street.
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (January 20, 2015)
3. RICKAR, LLC DBA Brass Rail Lounge, 624 St Joseph Street for a Retail (on-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Karen J Schumacher DBA Brass Rail Lounge, 624 St Joseph Street
Public Works Committee Consent Items
4. No. PW123014-02 Confirm the Reappointment of Peter Neumann and New Appointments of Erik Braun, Linda Marchand and Karen Bulman to the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
5. No. PW123014-03 Confirm the appointment of David Johnson to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
6. No. PW123014-06 Approve Change Order for Jackson Boulevard Utilities Chapel Lane to Rapid Creek Bridge, Project No. 10-1837 / CIP No. 50177, for a no cost funding change.
7. No. PW123014-07 Approve Change Order No. 1F to DOT Energy Solutions Inc. for Rapid City Cell 12 GCCS Expansion, Project No.14-2147, for a decrease of $938.00.
9. No. PW123014-09 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Carriage Hills Place Water Main Reconstruction, Project No. 14-2225 / CIP No. 51029. Estimated Cost: $210,000.00.
10. No. PW123014-10 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for East Quincy Street Reconstruction, Project No. 13-2110 / CIP No. 51028. Estimated Cost: $300,000.00.
11. No. PW123014-11 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project Bogey Ct, Byrum Ct and Winged Foot Ct, Project No. 14-2183 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated Cost; $250,000.00.
12. No. PW123014-12 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Rapid City Sports Complex - Phase 2, Project No. PR2015-2234 / CIP No. 50792. Estimated Cost: $2,450,000.00.
13. No. PW123014-13 Approve with the Requirement to Sign a Waiver of Right to Protest a Request from Jason Cox for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City of Rapid City Ordinance 12.08.060 on the south side of Hill Street just west of the intersection of Carolyn Court for the property located at 1231 Hill Street.
14. No. PW123014-14 Approve Resolution No. 2014-122 entitled a Resolution of Intent to Enter into Lease of Land with Soccer Rapid City, Pursuant to SDCL 9-15-5.2 (Dakota Field Soccer Complex).
15. No. PW123014-15 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Skyline Wilderness Park Trailhead Development Project, PR13-1609 / CIP 51002 in 2015.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
16. No. LF123014-01 Confirm Appointment of Fred Eisenbraun to the RSVP Advisory Board
17. No. LF123014-02 Confirm Reappointments of Margot Burton, Tom Collings, Kathy LaForest, Patti Martinson, Doug Puetz, Robert Rowell, and Brian Gosch to the Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities
18. No. LF123014-03 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for November 2014
19. No. LF123014-04 - Approve Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for November 2014
20. No. LF123014-05 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Fire & Emergency Services for November 2014
21. No. LF123014-06 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Parks & Recreation for November 2014
22. No. LF123014-07 - Approve Capital Plan for Parks & Recreation for November 2014
23. No. LF123014-08 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings CSAC for November 2014
24. No. LF123014-09 - Approve Capital Plan for Information Technology for November 2014
25. No. LF123014-10 - Approve $46,000.00 from the 2014 Matching Grant Fund, approximately $100,000.00 from the 2015 Matching Grant Fund and approximately $54,000.00 from the 2016 Matching Grant Fund for PETT Building Grant Match
26. No. LF123014-11 - Approve funding request in the amount of up to $50,000.00 from CIP Contingency for the Police Department portion of the Public Safety Building phone system
27. No. LF123014-12 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for December 2014
28. No. LF123014-13 - Approve Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for December 2014
29. No. LF123014-14 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Fire & Emergency Services for November 2014
30. No. LF123014-15 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Parks & Recreation for December 2014
31. No. LF123014-16 - Approve Capital Plan for Parks & Recreation for December 2014
32. No. LF123014-17 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings CSAC for December 2014
33. No. LF123014-18 - Approve Capital Plan for Information Technology for December 2014
34. No. LF123014-19 Approve $125,000 from CIP Contingency to Purchase Land for Fire Department Planning
35. No. LF123014-20 Approve Special Event Application for Rapid City Summer Nights Art & Entertainment Festival.
36. No. LF123014-21 Approve Special Event Application for the Black Hills Symphony Orchestra Young Artist Competition to be Held on January 24, 2015
37. No. LF123014-22 Authorize Staff to Sign All Documents to Purchase Two (2) 2014 Dodge Charger Patrol Vehicles
38. No. LF123014-23 Acknowledge October 2014 Sales Tax Report
39. No. LF123014-24 - Acknowledge November 2014 General Fund Cash Balance Report
40. No. LF123014-25 Resolution No. 2014-119A Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
41. Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Worker's Compensation Purposes: Wilbur Holz
42. No. LF123014-26 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment #1 to the State of South Dakota Historic Preservation Allocation Award (SD 14-022) between the State of South Dakota and the Rapid City Historic Preservation Commission Extending the Grant End Date to August 15, 2015
43. No. LF123014-27 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Rosin Preservation, LLC. for Professional Services to Re-Survey the West Boulevard Historic District, not to Exceed $30,000
44. No. LF121014-07 Acknowledge Alliance of Tribal Tourism Advocates (ATTA) Update on Pow Wow Ground Project and Approve an Extension of Time to March 31, 2015, to secure funding for the project.
45. No. LF123014-28 Acknowledge Jordan Mason's Discussion of Possible Policy Change Pertaining to Legal Effective Date of Ordinances and Resolutions.
46. No. LF123014-29 Approve Request for Property Tax Abatement as Follows: Peder Torgerson, 2013, in the Amount of $1,913.36.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items (NONE)
Continued Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
47. No. CC010515-02.1 Approve award of 10 acre Base Bid With Alternative #5 for a total of 20 acres for the Springbrook Acres Wildfire Mitigation Project opened on December 30, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Dakota Pine Thinning, in the amount of $59,800.00
48. No. PW123014-04 Approve Award of Total Bid for the 2013 Storm Damage Recovery Project Skylight Replacement, Project No. 14-2220 / CIP No. 50903 opened on December 9, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Rangel Construction Company, in the amount of $598,000.00.
49. No. PW123014-05 Approve Award of Option 2 and Alternates 2 and 4 for the Copier/Printer Lease and Maintenance Program opened on December 9, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Dakota Business Center, in the amount of $86,848.80.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS Items 50 - 53
Open Public Comment Items 50 - 53
Close Public Comment
50. No. LF121014-09 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6025, An Ordinance Repealing Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Wards and Precincts and Adopting a New Revised Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Compass Committee Items
CIP Committee Items
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications
51. No. CC010515-04.1 - Confirm the reappointments of Jean Kessloff and Doug Jones to the Historic Preservation Commission and the appointment of Jody Harold Speck to a voting position.
Council Items & Liaison Reports
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
52. No. CC010514-04.2 Presentation of the Municipal Referendum Petitions regarding Resolution 2014-118 Authorizing the Issuance of Sales Tax Obligations for the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in an amount not to exceed $180,000,000.00 in Construction Costs and Further Authorizing Certain Officers of the City to Approve, Execute and Deliver Agreements and Documents Relating to the Obligations. Passed by the Rapid City Common Council on the 1st day of December, 2014.
53. No. CC010514-04.3 - Set Special Election for March 10, 2015 for the Referral of Resolution 2014-118.
Planning Commission Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Items 54 - 56
Open Public Hearing - Items 54 - 56 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing - Items 54 - 56
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 54 - 56
Remove Items from the Consent Public Hearing Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
54. Youth & Family Services for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Beer License for an Event scheduled for February 20, 2015 and February 21, 2015 at Youth & Family Services, 120 East Adams
55. Rapid City Library Foundation for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine License for Events scheduled for February 3, 2015, March 3, 2015 and April 7, 2015 at the Rapid City Public Library Downtown, 610 Quincy Street
56. Mini Mart, Inc. DBA Loaf N Jug #444, 1627 Mt. Rushmore Road for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Derby Advertising Inc. DBA Canyon Lake Chophouse, 2720 Chapel Lane
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS (NONE)
57. No. CC010515-01 Bill List for January 5, 2015