ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 1, 2012; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 23
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 23
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW050112-01 – Approve Minutes of April 10, 2012.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW050112-02 – Confirm Reappointment of Jay Powell and Paul Ruder to the Urban Forestry Board.
3) PW050112-03 – Confirm Appointments of Eirik Heikes, Dr. Rebecca Leas, Denise Livingston, Jennifer Benning, Ron Robenitsch, S. Allen Freeland, Eldene Henderson, Amy Gribb – Alternate, and Ken Steinken – Alternate to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
4) PW050112-04 – Request Council Authorization to Provide Utility Service Outside the City, Per City Policy 100.009.
Approve Change Order
5) PW050112-05 – Change Order #1 to RCS Construction for Fire Station #4 Addition, Project No. FD11-1953 / CIP No. 50883, for an increase of $5,101.00.
6) PW050112-07 – Change Order #2F to Stanley J. Johnsen Concrete Contractor for Anamosa Street Reconstruction – Haines to Midway, Project No. SSW07-1472 / CIP No. 50519 for a decrease of $26,756.04.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
7) PW050112-08 – 2011-2012 Manhole Adjustment Project, Project No. ST11-1970 / CIP No. 50846. Estimated Cost: $70,000.00.
8) PW050112-09 – Canyon Lake Dam Reconstruction, Project No. PW08-1743 / CIP No. 50739. Estimated Cost: $3,518,875.00
9) PW050112-10 – MRF Roll Off Truck 2012. Estimated Cost: $150,000.00.
10) PW050112-11 – Railroad Crossing Rehab, Project No. MIP12-2033 / CIP No. 50923. Estimated Cost: $75,000.00.
11) PW050112-12 – Safe Routes to School, Project No. 11-1920 / CIP No. 50924. Estimated Cost: $168,725.00.
12) PW050112-13 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Chapel Valley Area, Project No. 12-1985 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated Cost: $500,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
13) PW050112-14 – Joint Funding Agreement between U.S. Dept of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey and City of Rapid City for 2012 Water Resources Investigation to include the operation and maintenance of selected gaging stations and for various hydrologic investigations. Rapid City’s share of the program will be $138,000.00 and will be matched by $134,450.00 of USGS cooperative funds.
14) PW050112-15 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Highway Improvement Inc. for Asphalt Surface Crack Sealing, Project No. ST12-2029 / CIP No. 50549, in the amount not to exceed $205,600.00.
15) PW050112-16 – Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering for the Solid Waste Citizen Campus in the amount of $252,808.00.
16) PW050112-17 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the waiver of right to protest a future assessment for the installation of curb, gutter, sidewalk and street light conduit generally described as being located on the south side of North Plaza drive approximately 450 feet east of the intersection of Fountain Plaza Drive and North Plaza Drive.
Engineering Services Division
17) PW050112-19 – Update on Feasibility and Cost Study for Sidewalk Installation on Red Dale Drive and Hillsview Drive.
18) PW050112-20 – Approve Revised Policy for Technical Consultant Selection Procedure for Public Infrastructure Projects.
19) PW050112-40 – Approve Request from JCP Land Company Inc to Waive the Requirement to Immediately Install Sidewalks at Stoney Creek Townhomes.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
20) PW050112-21 – Acknowledge Second Floor Review Committee.
21) PW050112-38 – Approve a request by SC Building LLC for authorization to prepare an H Lot located adjacent to Lot 2A of Lot 2 of Tract A of Control Data Addition excepting therefrom Lot 1R of Lot 2A of Lot 2 of Tract A, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and to authorize acceptance of the deed.
22) PW050112-22 – Update on County 24/7 Program.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
23) PW050112-39 – Update on Mountain Pine Beetle Program.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 24 – 38
Public Comment opened – Items 24 – 38
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
24) PW050112-23 – Structure in the Right-of-Way at 2101 Huntington Place – K & S Custom Homes LLC.
25) PW050112-24 – Memorial Park Promenade Presentation – Dan Senftner and Mark Jobman.
26) PW050112-25 – Appeal of Staff Denial of a Request from RCS Construction to Allow Detour and Closure of East Bound Traffic on Canyon Lake Drive.
27) PW050112-27 – Request by Shane Giedel to Connect to City Utilities for a Proposed Mobile Home Park that will be Located along Dyess Avenue north of Seger Drive Adjacent to City Limits.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
28) PW050112-37 – Appointment of City Council member to be a Liaison to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
29) PW050112-26 – Discussion on Rapid City Veteran’s Memorials and Possible Course of Action – Alderman Jerry Wright.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
30) PW050112-28 – Update on Roofing Permit Inspections.
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
31) PW050112-29 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5827 Establishing a Code Enforcement Board of Appeals by Adding Chapter 8.01 to the Rapid City Municipal Code.
32) PW050112-30 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5828 Reducing Certain Abatement Notice Time-Frames by Amending Section 8.16.035 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
33) PW050112-31 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5829 Providing for Appeal from Certain Code Enforcement determinations by Amending Section 8.16.050 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
34) PW050112-33 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5831 Reducing Certain Abatement Notice Time-Frames by Amending Section 8.28.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
35) PW050112-34 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5832 Providing for Appeal from Certain Code Enforcement Determinations by Amending Section 10.56.060 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
36) PW050112-35 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5833 Amending the Definition of Junk Motor Vehicles to Include Vehicles with Broken Glass by Amending Section 56.010 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
37) PW050112-36 – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5835 Providing for Appeal from Certain Code Enforcement Determinations by Amending Section 10.56.065 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
38) PW050112-41 – Status of 820 Lemmon Avenue.