ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 13, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of August 30, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW091311-01 – Request from PLM Development, LLC to Waive the Requirement to Immediately Install Sidewalks.
2) PW091311-18 – Request from AAA Plumbing to Discharge Wastewater to the Rapid City Wastewater Treatment Facility.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW091311-02 – Discussion on Sidewalk Installation – Ritchie Nordstrom.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW091311-03 – Change Order No. 2 to RCS Construction for Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1830 / CIP No. 50778, for an increase of $81,253.51.
5) PW091311-04 – Change Order No. 3 to Upper Plains Contracting Inc. for Catron Boulevard Reconstruction Utility Relocation and Modification, Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50495, for an increase of $10,288.63.
6) PW091311-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Rapid Construction Company LLC for Flormann Street Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W11-1931 / CIP No. 50860 for a decrease of $13,102.03.
7) PW091311-06 – Change Order No. 3F to RCS Construction for Knollwood Drainage Outfall Elements 2 and 20, Project No. DR04-1390 / CIP No. 50312, for an increase of $10,064.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
8) PW091311-07 – 2011 Guardrail Project – Flormann Street and Raider Road, Project No. ST11-1967 / CIP No. 50887. Estimated cost: $100,000.00.
9) PW091311-08 – Equipment Rental Rates for Snow Removal Operations. Estimated Cost: $50,000.00.
10) PW091311-09 – Snow Removal Operations for City Parking Lots and Ramp. Estimated Cost: $30,000.00.
11) PW091311-10 – Request for Exception to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk Along a Portion of School Drive and Jolly Lane per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 1B of Lot M and Lot 2 of Lot M of Burson Subdivision, located in Section 9, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
12) PW091311-11 – Request for Exception to Waive Requirement to Install Sidewalk along 1391 East Highway 44 per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 2 and Lot 3 of Cambell Square Addition, located in Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, South Dakota.
13) PW091311-12 – 1010 East Saint Patrick Street Pedestrian Crossing – John Less, Traffic Engineer.
14) PW091311-13 – Consultant Selection Process Review.
15) PW091311-14 – Drainage Basin Fee Collection and Disbursement.
16) PW091311-19 – Acknowledge Report on 3213 Dover Street.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
17) No. 11VE017 - McMahon Subdivision – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for M&P Developments to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot A of Tract E-3R of McMahon Subdivision located in Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on the south side of Kathryn Avenue approximately 220 feet west of the intersection of Kathryn Avenue and Haines Avenue. (Continued from the August 30, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
18) No. 11VE021 - Burson Subdivision – A request by Corean Construction, LLC for Chris Schultz to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility and Drainage Easement for Lot 1B of Lot M and Lot 2 of Lot M of Burson Subdivision, Section 9, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 3800 and 3887 East Highway 44.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
19) PW091311-15 – Proceed with Demolition of the Friendship House at 211 West Boulevard North.
20) PW091311-16 – Midcontinent Communications – Bandwidth Increase Update – Russ Tiensvold.
21) PW091311-17 – Resolution No. 2011-094B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property.
ADDENDUM No. 1:
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
22) PW091311-20 – Acknowledge the Report Regarding Emergency Provision of Water to the City of Box Elder.