ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 26, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of July 12, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) PW072611-02 – Status Report on Abandoned Property at 802 E Tallent Street. (Forwarded from the July 18, 2011, City Council Meeting)
2) PW072611-03 – Abandoned Property Issues. (Forwarded from the July 18, 2011, City Council Meeting)
3) PW072611-04 – Road Core Sampling Ordinance – Alderman Ron Sasso.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
4) PW072611-01 – June 2011 Water and Wastewater Report.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW072611-05 – Change Order No. 1 to J&J Asphalt Company for Pavement Rehab #4 – Meadowbrook Drive, Parkridge Drive, Morningview Drive Project, Project No. ST11-1913 / CIP No. 50844, for an increase of $37,037.18.
6) PW072611-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Stanley Johnsen Concrete Contractor, Inc. for St. Onge Street Reconstruction, Project ST10-1948 / CIP No. 50445, for a decrease of $5,357.08.
7) PW072611-07 – Change Order No. 4 to SECO Construction for Main Street Square Site Development, Project PR2010-1901 for an increase of $21,129.00. (Funded by Destination Rapid City)
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
8) PW072611-08 – 2011 Out of the Dust Project, Project No. ST11-1968 / CIP 50297. Estimated Cost: $60,000.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
9) PW072611-09 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for the Anamosa Street Utilities Reconstruction – Midway to Milwaukee, Project No. ST07-1473 / CIP No. 50559, in the amount of $73,710.
10) PW072611-10 – Professional Services Agreement with Kadrmas, Lee and Jackson, Inc. for the East North Street Reconstruction – Pine Street to Cambell Street, Project No. ST08-1511 / CIP No. 50142 in the amount of $112,282.84.
11) PW072611-11 – Agreement Amendment with the SD Department of Transportation for the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351 to increase the temporary easement.
12) PW072611-12 – Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Richard Thomas Carlson II and Katharine Carlson for the Extension of Water and Sanitary Sewer Mains on Fulton Street.
ENGINEERING SERVICES DIVISION
13) PW072611-13 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for East Saint Joseph Street Overlay and Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W11-1908 / CIP No. 50801. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,350,000.00.
14) PW072611-14 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for West Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. W11-1961 / CIP No. 50794. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,420,000.00.
15) PW072611-15 – Update on Hoefer Avenue Bridge.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
16) No. 11VE017 - McMahon Subdivision – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for M&P Developments to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot A of Tract E-3R of McMahon Subdivision located in Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on the south side of Kathryn Avenue approximately 220 feet west of the intersection of Kathryn Avenue and Haines Avenue. (Continued from the July 12, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
17) PW072611-16 – Change Order No. 2 to Second Nature for the Mt. View and Mt. Calvary Cemeteries Irrigation System, Phase 3, Project PR09-6010, for an increase of $7,271.05.
18) PW072611-17 – Authorize Staff to Apply for a Gwendolyn L. Stearns Foundation Grant in the Amount of $15,000; Proceeds to be Used for Landscaping at Vickie Powers Memorial Park.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
19) PW072611-18 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Bleacher Rental Agreement with Box Elder/Nemo Center Job Corps for Up to Two Bleacher Units for August 30, 2011.
20) PW072611-19 – Resolution No. 2011-080B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property.
21) PW072611-20 – Resolution No. 2011-083B Levying Assessment for Business Improvement District 2011.
ADDENDUM No. 1:
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
22) No. 11CA007 – Section 35, T2N, R7E - A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan by adding a collector street and eliminating two collector streets for the E1/2 of the NE1/4 of Section 35, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Omaha Street and west of Interstate 190.