ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 28, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 14, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW062811-12 – A request by John Ashley to designate a new Sidewalk Vendor location within Seventh Street Right-of-way located adjacent to Unit #1 and 15.84% of the Common Area, 632 Main Condominiums, Section 1, T1N R7E, BHM Rapid City, Pennington County, SD.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) PW053111-20 – Employee Suggestion Program – Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the May 31, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
3) PW061411-12 – Safeguard Doctrine – Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the June 14, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
4) PW062811-01 – Approve Sewer Service Agreement between City of Rapid City and Terracotta Estate Homeowners Association.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW062811-02 – Change Order No. 2 to Upper Plains Contracting, Inc. for Catron Boulevard Reconstruction, Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50495, for an increase of $6,716.49.
6) PW062811-03 – Change Order No. 2F to KRM Concrete for Downtown Improvement – Omaha/6th Street Pedestrian Crossing, Project No. ST10-1865 / CIP No. 50807, for a decrease of $17,553.86.
7) PW062811-04 – Change Order No. 3 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Main Street Square Site Development, Project No. PR10-1901 / CIP No. 50839, for an increase of $43,177.00.
8) PW062811-05 – Change Order No. 1 to RCS Construction, Inc. for Canyon Lake Drive Reconstruction, Project No. WTP10-878 / CIP No. 50004, for an increase of $6,216.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
9) PW062811-06 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with American Engineering and Testing, Inc. for the 2011 Environmental Monitoring Contract Landfill/MRF in the amount of $3,993.50.
10) PW062811-07 – Utility Easement Agreement with the SD Department of Transportation granting state property to Rapid City related to the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Project, Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351.
11) PW062811-08 – Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for the Water Reclamation Facility Pretreatment Improvements – Final Design and Bidding Phase, Project No. WRF11-1928 / CIP No. 50855, in the amount of $146,800.00. (Funded through SRF Loan)
12) PW062811-09 – Professional Services Agreement with TSP, Inc. for the Hoefer Avenue Bridge Repairs, Project No. ST11-1964 / CIP No. 50752, in the amount of $13,835.00.
13) PW062811-10 – Temporary Easement Agreement with Blazer, LLC, for the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Reconstruction, Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351, in the amount of $1,555.20.
ENGINEERING SERVICES DIVISION
14) PW062811-11 – Request for exception to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along 2540 East Highway 44 per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 15RA and Lot 5, Hills View Subdivision, located in Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, South Dakota.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
15) No. 11FV005 - West Boulevard Addition – A request by Lisa Jean White to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence in lieu of a four foot high fence in the front yard setback for Lots 14 and 15 of Block 9 of West Boulevard Addition located in Section 2, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 829 Saint Cloud Street.
16) No. 11VE014 - Marlin Industrial Park – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for CAPE Investments Limited Partnership to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lots 5 and 6 of Marlin Industrial Park located in Section 20, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1825 Marlin Drive.
17) No. 11VE015 - H & H Estates Subdivision – A request by Josh Myers to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility Easement for Lot 13 of Block 3 of H & H Estates Subdivision of Lot W located in the SW1/4 NE1/4, the NW1/4 SE1/4, NE1/4 SW1/4 and the SE1/4 NW1/4 all located in Section 10, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4626 Hacienda Street.