ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 31, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of May 10, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW053111-01 – Request Compost Fee Waiver for the Lemmon Avenue Community Garden – NeighborWorks.
2) PW053111-02 – Request Mulch Fee Waiver for the Kiwanis- Mary Hall Park – Kiwanis-Mary Hall Park Committee Inc.
3) PW042611-02 – Update Report on Installation of Sidewalk on Highway 44 Between Valley Drive and Cambell Street – Reed Foster, WDT Student Government Safety Initiative Committee Chair.
4) PW051011-02 – Update Report on Installation of Sidewalk on Parkview Drive – Charity Doyle.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
5) PW042611-05 – Discussion on Bid Process Guidelines and Policy on Contractors / Work Performance – Alderman Gary Brown and Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the May 10, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
6) PW053111-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Brewer Construction for ADA Compliance Project 2010, Project No. ADA10-1827 / CIP No. 50761, for an increase of $138.38.
7) PW053111-04 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for Street Rehabilitation Project #1 – Sheridan Lake Road, Project No. ST11-1910 / CIP No. 50844, for a decrease of $180.30.
8) PW053111-05 – Change Order No. 1 to Upper Plains Contracting for Catron Boulevard Reconstruction Utility Relocation & Modification, Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50396, for an increase of $87,636.95.
9) PW053111-06 – Change Order No. 1F to J&J Asphalt Company for Dyess Avenue and Beale Street Overlay, Project No. ST09-1826 / CIP No. 50775, for an increase of $8,335.90.
10) PW053111-07 – Change Order No. 2 to Highmark, Inc. for Jackson Springs Water Transmission Mains, Project No. WTP09-1836 / CIP No. 50780, for an increase of $21,817.18.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) PW053111-08 – 12th Street Alley Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS11-1937 / CIP No. 50854. Estimated cost: $50,000.00.
12) PW053111-09 – 6” Portable Diesel Trash Pump, Water Reclamation Division. Estimated cost: $35,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) PW053111-10 – Agreement with Quinn Construction, Inc. for the Lime Creek Stabilization, Project No. MIP11-1956 / CIP No. 50885, in the amount of $7,550.00. (Awarded through informal quote.)
14) PW053111-11 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ross and Angie Hill for the Transfer of H-Lot for Cleghorn Canyon Road, related to the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Construction, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789.
15) PW053111-12 – Professional Services Agreement with Stanley Consultants, Inc. for Water Reservoir Maintenance, Project No. W10-1879 / CIP No. 50804, in the amount of $55,514.00.
16) PW053111-13 – Permanent Utility Easement granted to Black Hills Power, Inc. for area near the City parking ramp.
17) PW053111-14 – Permanent Utility Easement granted to Black Hills Power, Inc. related to the SDDOT Catron Boulevard Reconstruction, Project No. IM-PH 0903(86)161, PCN: 01QJ.
18) PW053111-15 – Permanent Utility Easement granted to Black Hills Power, Inc. related to the SDDOT Catron Boulevard Reconstruction, Project No. IM-PH 0903(86)161, PCN: 01QJ.
19) PW053111-16 – Permanent Easement for Drainage and Utility Purposes for Parcel No. 11 granted to the SD Department of Transportation related to the SDDOT Jackson Boulevard Reconstruction Project, Project No. P 0044(129)42, PCN 00X9.
20) PW053111-17 – Temporary Easements for Parcel Nos. 11, A1, A2, A3, A36, and A37 granted to the SD Department of Transportation related to the SDDOT Jackson Boulevard Reconstruction Project, Project No. P 0044(129)42, PCN 00X9.
21) PW053111-18 – Request for Exception to Waive the Requirement to install sidewalk along a portion of Tower Road per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot C of Lots 11-16, Block 35 of South Boulevard Addition SW1/4 of the NW1/4 S12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, SD.
22) PW053111-19 – Approve Agreement to Waiving Right to Protest for Black Hills Power for sidewalk along a portion of Tower Road per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot C of Lots 11-16, Block 35 of South Boulevard Addition SW1/4 of the NW1/4 S12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, SD.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
23) No. 11TP013 – 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #11-006R
24) No. 11FV004 – Commerce Park Subdivision - A request by Mark Avkamp for SBC Archway VII LLC to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an 9.5 foot high fence in lieu of a maximum 8 foot high fence in the Light Industrial District and to allow a 9.5 foot high fence in lieu of a maximum a 4 foot high fence in the 25 foot front yard setback for Lots 1, 2, 3 and 4 of Block 2 of Commerce Park Subdivision located in Section 27, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2320, 2340 and 2350 Sophia Court.
25) No. 11VE011 – New Park Subdivsion and McMahon Subdivision - A request by Cenerline for DTH, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of a Major Drainage Easement for Lot 7 of Tract B of Lot 1 of New Park Subdivision and Lot 1 of Tract A of McMahon Subdivision located in Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Kathryn Avenue between Kyle Street and Champion Drive.