ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 10, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of October 27, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Update on RFP on Re-Use Center at Landfill – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
2) No. PW111009-14 – Homestead Subdivision Drainage – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
3) No. PW111009-01 – Three-way Stop Sign at Range Rd and Soo San Drive – Alderman Lloyd LaCroix.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
4) No. PW111009-02 – Authorize Staff to Apply for Homeland Security Grant for Handheld Radios in the amount of $13,490.00.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) No. PW111009-03 – Change Order No. 1 to SECO Construction, Inc. for the West Main Street/Creek Drive Bridge Repairs, Project No. ST09-1800 / CIP No. 50752, for an increase of $6,741.34.
6) No. PW111009-04 – Change Order No. 1 to SECO Construction for the Milo Barber Transportation Center, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746, for an increase of $7,711.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
7) No. PW111009-05 – Transit Shelters Installation, Project No. TS09-1835 / CIP No. 50779. Estimated Cost of Project: $65,000.00.
8) No. PW111009-06 – CSAC Roof Replacement, Project No. GB09-1828 / CIP No. 50098. Estimated Cost of Project: $360,000.00; with $144,000.00 paid by Rapid City Area School District.
9) No. PW111009-07 – PCC Pavement Repair – La Crosse Street Joint Sealing and Panel Repair, Project No. ST10-1841 / CIP No. 50445. Estimated Cost of Project: $105,000.00.
10) No. PW111009-08 – 11th Street Alley Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. SS09-1772 / CIP No. 50422. Estimated Cost of Project: $535,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) No. PW111009-09 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services Inc., for the Kepps Watermain Extension and Control Valve Installation, Project No. W08-1702 / CIP No. 50625. Change in project schedule, no change in project cost.
12) No. PW111009-10 – Professional Services Agreement with Renner & Associates, LLC, for 28-Acre Landfill Cell Closure, Project No. LF09-1844 / CIP No. 5078; in the amount of $23,150.00.
13) No. PW111009-11 – Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 6874 with the SD Department of Transportation for the East Boulevard/East North Street Reconstruction Project, Project No. ST08-1511 / CIP No. 50142.
14) No. PW111009-12 – Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company for the Jackson Springs Water Transmission Mains, Project No. WTP09-1836 / CIP No. 50780, in the amount of $273,830.00.
15) No. PW111009-13 – Approve Resolution Establishing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for the South Street Sanitary Sewer Main Extension, Project No. SS09-1775 / CIP No. 50755.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
16) Authorize Mayor to appoint Marcia Elkins, Ron Kroeger, and Ron Weifenbach from the Freeholders Panel to assist in assessing value to surplused hay bales.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) No. 09RD006 - Jackson View Addition – A request by Olsen Development Company, Inc. to consider an application for a Resolution for a Road Name Change from Clark Street to Clear View Lane on the 48.35 foot street between Lot 1, Railroad Block 3 and Lot 49 Shaver Block Jackson View Addition, located in the SW1/4 NW1/4 Section 2, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as Clark Street between West Fulton Street and the intersection of Jackson Boulevard and Mountain View Road.
18) 09EX110 – Request for Exception to Section 8.2.1(H) of the General Requirements for Driveways from the City of Rapid City Street Design Criteria Manual, to allow three driveways to a business establishment for Steele Plaza on Lot 8 Less Lot 8A & Lot 11 Less Lot 11a of Tract D; Lot 12 Less Lot A But Including Lot B of Lot 12 of Tract D Sunnyvale located at 3618 Canyon Lake Drive.