ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 28, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of July 14, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Change of law for state professional service contracts – Alderman Weifenbach.
2) Update on letters that went out to Franklin Street residents with private sewers – Alderman Weifenbach.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) No. PW072809-01 – Change Order #1F to Rapid Construction Company, for Sixth Street Water Main – Franklin Street to St. Charles Street, Project No. W08-1742 / CIP No. 50738, for an increase of $1,426.11
4) No. PW072809-02 – Change Order #1F to Simon Contractors of SD., Inc., for Street Rehabilitation Project – Brooke Street and Nicole Street, Project No. ST08-1746 / CIP No. 50735, for an increase of $7,750.92.
5) No. PW072809-03 – Change Order #1F to Site Work Specialists, Inc., for Robbinsdale Park Water Main Loop, Project No. W08-1748 / CIP No. 50717, for a decrease of $12,610.21.
6) No. PW072809-04 – Change Order No. 2F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc., for Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension, Project No. SS07-1658 / CIP No. 50686, for a decrease of $16,247.75.
7) No. PW072809-05 – Change Order No. 1 to Mainline Contracting, Inc., for Blaine, Halley, Holcomb, E. Jackson & N. Maple Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. SS08-1711 / CIP No. 50420, for an increase of $10,209.25.
8) No. PW072809-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Hills Materials Company, for Street Rehabilitation Project – Harney Drive, Harney Place and Raymond Drive, Project No. ST08-1771 / CIP No. 50549, for an increase of $10,744.35.
9) No. PW072809-07 – Change Order No. 3 to Natgun Corporation, for Elk Vale Low Level Reservoir, Project No. W07-1638 / CIP No. 50321, for a decrease of $149,630.48.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
10) No. PW072809-08 – Liquid Road Deicer – Enhanced Liquid Magnesium. Estimated Cost: $32,000.00.
11) No. PW072809-10 – West Main Street & Creek Drive Bridge Repairs, Project No. ST09-1800 / CIP No. 50752. Estimated cost of project: $50,000.00.
12) No. PW072809-11 – Founders Park Plaza, Project No. PR09-1811. Estimated Cost of Project: $80,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) No. PW072809-12 – Maintenance Agreement Renewal with Johnson Controls, Inc., for the Energy Plant, in the amount of $18,100.00.
14) No. PW072809-13 – Maintenance Agreement Renewal with Johnson Controls, Inc., for the Milo Barber Transportation Center, in the amount of $5,345.00.
15) No. PW072809-14 – Agreement Between City of Rapid City and Landowner, Michael Kettering, to Construct a Sewer Main in East Quincy Street and Correct a Non-conforming Sewer Service Line which is currently failing.
16) No. PW072809-15 – Funding Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and South Dakota Department of Transportation, Urban Surface Transportation Program, for Letting and Construction of State Project P 1648(03), PCN H021, City Project No. ST07-1472 / CIP No. 50519, Anamosa Street from Haines Avenue to Midway Street; in the amount of $2,100,000.00.
17) No. PW072809-16 – Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Warax Excavating Inc., for the First Street Outfall 36” Flap Gate, Project No. DR09-1812 / CIP No. 50765, in the amount not to exceed $25,000.00.
18) No. PW072809-17 – Request Authorization to purchase Road Deicer – Roadway Deicing Salt. Estimated Cost: $138,000.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
19) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E (Continued from June 30, 2009) – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road.
20) No. 09FV003 - South Boulevard Addition (Continued from June 30, 2009) – A request by Steven Dunn for Black Hills Power to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an eight foot high fence with barbed wired in the Low Density Residential District on Lots 23 and 24, Lots 25 and 26 with a ten foot wide portion of the adjacent alley of the South Boulevard Addition, located in the NW1/4 of Section 12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located east side of Fifth Street between Cleveland and Oakland Street.
21) No. 09VE007 - Country Club Heights Subdivision – A request by FMG, Inc. for Steve Kalkman to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a drainage easement on Lot 5 of Block 8 of Country Club Heights Subdivision, located in the SW1/4, Section 10, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2926 Stockade Drive.
22) No. 09TP021 – 2010-2014 Rapid City Area Transportation Improvement Program – Draft Report.
23) No. 09TP022 – Pedestrian/Bicyclist Crash Report 2002-2008.
24) No. 09CA015 - Section 35, T2N, R7E – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Adopted Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan by eliminating, adding and realigning collector streets on the E1/2 of the NE1/4 NE1/4, SE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the north 330 feet of the NE1/4 SE1/4, all located in Section 35, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located west of I-190 and north of Omaha Street (S.D. Highway 44).
25) No. PW072809-18 – Homestead Subdivision Drainage.