ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 30, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 9, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) Drainage problems at the east end of Homestead Street – Jack White.
2) Request by Rapid City Soccer to negotiate a contract with a consultant for Professional Services for preliminary design.
3) Request by ATTA to negotiate a contract with a consultant for Professional Services for design.
4) No. PW063009-01 – Request from Bruce Backens for the Scotty Backens Memorial Statue.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
5) Consultant Selection Oversight Committee – recommendation to continue following policy for professional service contracts greater than $25,000.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
6) No. PW063009-02 – Request Authorization for Public Works Director to sign Agreement between City of Rapid City and Hills Materials Company for East St. Patrick Manhole Adjustments, Project No. MIP09-1794 / CIP No. 50298, in the amount of $12,205.00.
7) No. PW063009-03 – Request Authorization for Public Works Director to sign Professional Services Agreement with West Plains Engineering, Inc., for 5th Street Pedestrian Crossing, Project No. ST08-1764 / CIP No. 50750, in the amount of $2,300.00.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) No. PW063009-04 – Change Order No. 3-Final for Block 75 Parking Structure, to J. Scull Construction, Project No. IDP08-1725, for an increase of $28,349.44.
9) No. PW063009-05 – Change Order No. 2-Final for East Nebraska Street Drainage Improvements, to Warax Excavating, Inc., Project No. DR07-1665 / CIP No. 50684, for a decrease of $4,179.60.
10) No. PW063009-20 – Change Order 3F for Alta Vista Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, to Grizzly Excavation, Inc., Project No. SS08-1713 / CIP No. 50541, for a decrease of $2,033.65.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) No. PW063009-06 – East Philadelphia Street 16” Water Transmission Main Extension, Project No. W09-1793 / CIP No. 50760. Estimated Cost of Project: $100,000.00.
12) No. PW063009-07 – Ice Sanding Material for winter use on City streets. Estimated cost: $75,000.00.
13) No. PW063009-08 – Elm Avenue Reconstruction – Phase 3, Project No. ST09-1759 / CIP No. 50130. Estimated Cost of Project: $1,700,000.00.
14) No. PW063009-09 – CSAC Front Steps/ADA Ramp Improvements, Project No. GB09-1808. Estimated Cost of Project: $25,000.00.
15) No. PW063009-10 – Maple Avenue and East Idaho Street Reconstruction, Phase I, Project I – Project No. ST09-1809 / CIP No. 50626. Estimated Cost of Project: $740,000.00.
16) No. PW063009-11 – E Saint Francis Street, E Saint Anne Street, Aspen Avenue, & E Meade Street Water Main Reconstruction Projects, Phase I, Project II – Project No. W09-1810 / CIP No. 50626. Estimated Cost of Project: $700,000.00.
17) No. PW063009-12 – Milo Barber Transportation Center Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746. Estimated Cost of Project: $1,620,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
18) No. PW063009-14 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for the Mall Drive Utility Reconstruction Project – Haines Avenue to La Crosse Street, Project No. ST08-1753 / CIP No. 50646, in the amount of $27,555.00.
19) No. PW063009-15 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Highway Improvement Inc. for Crack Sealing, Project No. ST09-1807 / 50549, in the amount of $36,000.00.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
20) No. PW063009-16 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Amendment to the Agreement between City of Rapid City and Trapeze Software Group, Inc. to replace original DCC-Pro I hardware units with DCC-Pro II hardware units and increase the licensed use of the Trapeze PASS-MON Software product and Computer System Software product under the scope of the agreement, in the amount of $49,528.00.
21) No. PW063009-17 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Contract between the City of Rapid City and Harlow Bus Sales, for a new 2009 ADA Accessible Raised Floor Transit Vehicle, in the amount of $85,874.00.
22) No. PW063009-18 – the Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Harlow Bus Sales for a new 2009 ADA Accessible Raised Floor Transit Vehicle, in the amount of $108,374.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
23) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E (Continued from June 9, 2009) – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road.
24) No. 09FV003 - South Boulevard Addition (Continued from May 26, 2009) – A request by Steven Dunn for Black Hills Power to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an eight foot high fence with barbed wired in the Low Density Residential District on Lots 23 and 24, Lots 25 and 26 with a ten foot wide portion of the adjacent alley of the South Boulevard Addition, located in the NW1/4 of Section 12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located east side of Fifth Street between Cleveland and Oakland Street.
25) No. 08VE027 - Park Meadows Subdivision – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Neil Foust of Foust Construction, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility and Minor Drainage Easement on Lot 14 of Block 5 of Park Meadows Subdivision, located in the SE1/4 NE1/4, Section, 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2423 Smith Avenue.
26) No. 09FV008 - Section 3, T1N, R8E – A request by CETEC Engineering Services, Inc for Rapid Valley Sanitary Sewer District to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a 7 foot high fence in lieu of a 6 foot high fence in the Office Commercial Zoning District on Government Lot 1 less right-of-way, Section 3, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Twilight Drive on Reservoir Road.
27) No. 09TP018 – Rapid City Area Metropolitan Planning Organization 2008 Traffic Volume Counts Report.
28) No. PW063009-19 – Request by West River Electric Cooperative to authorize granting utility easements on a portion of the S1/2SE1/4NW1/4 and the SW1/4SW1/4NE1/4 of Section 9, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota and to authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign the easement documents.