ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 28, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of October 14, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Request for Reimbursement of Highway 16 Sewer Construction Fee, Gary Peterson, 3288 Sandstone Lane, Rapid City
2) Request for City Garbage Services, Ross Johnson, North Valley Drive, Rapid City
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) No. PW102808-03 – Change Order No. 1 Final for Rapid City Bus Storage Facility – Phase I, to J. Scull Construction Services, Inc., Project No. IDP07-1637, for an increase of $1,210.66
4) No. PW102808-15 – Change Order No. 1 Final for Rapid City Bus Storage Facility – Phase 2, to Gustafson Builders, Project No. IDP07-1637, for an increase of $14,140.20
5) No. PW102808-16 – Change Order No. 3 for Anamosa Street Reconstruction - Phase 1, Milwaukee Street to LaCrosse Street, to Hills Materials Company, Project No. SSW05-1471 / CIP No. 50518 / P1648(00), PCN H020, for a decrease of $48,624.83
6) No. PW102808-17 – Change Order No. 1F for 2008 Street Painting Contract, to Traffic Services Company LLC, Project No. PM08-1696 / CIP No. 50594, for a decrease of $7,815.30
7) No. PW102808-19 – Change Order No. 1 for North Maple and East Disk Drive Intersection Reconstruction, to Heavy Constructors, Inc., Project No. ST08-1700 / CIP No. 50702, for an increase of $4,495.17
8) No. PW102808-22 – Change Order No. 1 for Meade Street Reconstruction - Phase 2 Project No. DR03-1333C / CIP No. 50416 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for a decrease of $2,299.00
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
9) No. PW102808-02 – Rand Road Drainage Channel Repair & Improvements – Estimated Cost of Project: $75,000
10) No. PW102808-05 – North Glen Place Drainage Improvements – Estimated Cost of Project: $40,000
11) No. PW102808-08 – Water Meter Transceiver Unit (MXU) – Estimated Cost of Project: $324,000
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) No. PW102808-06 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and the Rapid Valley Sanitary District Regarding Water and Sewer Service to Lots 1-5 of Block 3, Homestead Plaza Subdivision
13) No. PW102808-09 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign License Agreement No. 101308 & 101208 Between the City of Rapid City and Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Corporation, for Water Pipelines Located Near MP647.5, East Anamosa Street
14) No. PW102808-13 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an On-Call Support Service Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc., Project No. PW08-1762B, for an Amount not to Exceed $25,000
15) No. PW102808-14 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement with Geiger Architecture for Milo Barber Transportation Center Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765, CIP No. 50746-1765, in the Amount of $104,150
16) No. PW102808-18 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement with West River Electric Association, Inc., for the Acquisition of a Sanitary Sewer Easement on Property near the Intersection of SD Highway 44 and Twilight Drive, in the Amount of $46,477.63. Funding Source: 834/4380 – Wastewater Expansion Projects/Sewer Improvements
17) No. CC102008-02 – Elk Vale Road Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension Project No. SS07-1658 / CIP No. 50686 (opened October 14, 2008)
18) No. PW102808-04 – Approve Easement #090608 for East Anamosa Street between City of Rapid City and Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Corporation, in the Amount of $10,000.00. Funding Source: 8910/4310 – CIP Streets/Land
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
19) No. PW102808-01 – Transit Fare Increase
20) No. PW102808-10 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Office to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Pennington County, dated October 1, 2008, for the Exchange of Snow Routes
21) No. PW102808-11 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Agreement with the SD Department of Transportation for Snowplowing Responsibility
22) No. PW102808-12 – Approve Purchase of Two New Current Year ½ Ton Pickups and One 1 Ton 4X4 Pickup from McKie Ford, Matching State Bid Contract #15539, in the total amount of $51,381
23) No. PW102808-07 – Approve Purchase of a Replacement Vehicle from the 2009 State Contract, one Class BT Truck Utility 4X4, 4-Door 100 inch WB Trailblazer, Contract #15540, in the amount of $22,604
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
24) No. 08FV009 - Kensington Heights Subdivision – A request by Lucas Scott to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot fence in lieu of a four foot fence on Lot 7 of Block 1 of Kensington Heights Subdivision, Section 18 T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4316 Henry Court.
25) No. 08RD004 - K-W Subdivision – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution for a Road Name Change from Beale Street to Edwards Street on Right-of-way adjacent to Lots 2 and 3 of Lot D, Lot A of Lot 1 of Lot D less Lot H1 and Lot B of Lot 1 of Lot D all of K-W Subdivision, all located in Section 28, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of U. S. Beale Street Right-of-way Interstate 90 and west of North Elk Vale Road.
26) No. 08VE022 - Meadows Subdivision – A request by Jason Hagen to consider an application for a Vacation of a Portion of Non-Access Easement on Lot 20 of Block 8 of Meadows Subdivision, located in the SE1/4 NW1/4, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 608 Field View Drive.
27) No. PW102808-20 – 08TP031 – 2009 Unified Planning Work Program – Final Report.
28) No. PW102808-21 – 08TP032 – Authorization to seek Request for Proposals for the preparation of the Black Hawk Future Land Use PlanADJOURN