ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, April 11, 2006, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Rapid Transit Issues – George Ghost Dog
2) No. PW041106-01 - A request by Fisk Land Surveying to consider an exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual for
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Request by the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board to form a committee to deal with urban wildlife – Alderman Olson
4) Harmony Heights Lane road issue (Referred from the
5) Lancer Road safety issues - Alderman Kooiker. (Continued from the
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
6) Energy Saving Performance Contracting Presentation
7) East Saint Patrick Street Crosswalk (Referred from the
8) Discussion regarding South Side Sanitary Trunk Sewer Extension
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
9) No. PW041106-02 - Change Order No. 1F for Franklin Street Reconstruction -
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
10) No. PW041106-03 - East Saint Patrick Street Water Main Abandonment and Concrete Panel Replacement Project No. W06-1545; CIP #50622
11) No. PW041106-04 - Phase 1C - Soo San Watermain Extension, Water Treatment Plant Backwash System Improvements, and Sioux San & Pinedale #2 Booster Station Modifications, Project No. W06-1425.1C
12) No. PW041106-05 - 9th Street to
13) No. PW041106-06 -
14) No. PW041106-07 - Haines Avenue PCCP Panel Repair Project No. STCM06-1537; CIP #50445
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
15) No. PW041106-08 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of
16) No. PW041106-09 - Right-of-Way agreements for Creek Drive Bridge Replacement South Dakota Department of Transportation Project No. BRO 8052 (56) PCN H100
17) No. PW041106-10 - Request permission to seek proposals for professional services for the design and construction administration of playground improvements at City parks
18) No. PW041106-11 - Request permission to seek proposals for professional services for the design and construction administration of roof replacement improvements on various City buildings
19) No. PW041106-12 - Award Informal Quote for Canyon Lake Dam Maintenance project to Quinn Construction Inc. in the amount of $15,450.00
20) No. PW041106-13 - Award Informal Quote for Knollwood Drainage survey Project No. DR04-1390.1 to Pinholt Land Surveying in the amount $4,450.00
21) No. PW041106-14 - Request authorization to solicit Proposals for Engineering Services for Water Wells #13, #14, and #15 City of
22) No. PW041106-15 - Approve a Resolution fixing time and place for hearing on
23) No. PW041106-16 - Award Informal Quote for Parkview Softball Complex Safety Netting to Specialty Installation LLC in the amount of $20,500.00
24) No. PW041106-17 - Request for consideration of ordering in sidewalks in Northbrook Village Subdivision
25) No. PW041106-18 - Request permission to seek proposals for 2006 Geotechnical Investigations, Materials Testing and Quality Assurance Testing
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
26) No. 06CA008 - Sections 20 and 21, T1N, R8E - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. to consider an application for an Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to relocate arterial streets and to eliminate a collector street on the Major Street Plan on a parcel of land described as the N1/2 NE1/4, less Lot H1, Section 20, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota; and the SE1/4 NE1/4 and the E1/2 SE1/4 lying north of the Railroad Right-of-Way, Section 20, T1N, R8E; and the N1/2 and the W1/2 SW1/4 of Section 21, T1N, R8E, all located in BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located southeast of the intersection of Elk Vale Road and Old Folsom Road.
27) No. 06VE001 - Red Rock Estates - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of the Non-Access Easement on Lots 1 and 4 of Block 20; and Lot 1 of Block 19, Red Rock Estates, located in the NE1/4 SE1/4, Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Portrush Road and Kennemer Drive and at the northeast and northwest corners of the intersection of Portrush Road and Ainsdale Court. (Continued from the
28) No. 06VE003 - Murphy Ranch Estates Subdivision - A request by Davis Engineering, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of the Non-Access Easement on Lot 2 of Block 10, Murphy Ranch Estates Subdivision, located in the NE1/4 NW1/4, NW1/4 NW1/4, Section 14, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Springfield Road and Wesson Road.
29) No. 06VE004 - Mediterranean Subdivision - A request by FMG, Inc. for FICACS, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Non-access Easement on Lots 1 and 2 of Mediterranean Subdivision, located in the SE1/4 SW1/4, Section 4, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located 1805 38th Street.
30) No. 06VE005 - Grimm Addition - A request by CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Scott Nelson to consider an application for a Vacation of a Drainage Easement on Lot 7 of Grimm Addition located in the NE1/4 NW1/4, Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at1600 E. Highway 44.
31) No. 06FV002 - Wise Addition - A request by Michael and Molly Falk to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence within the required 25 foot yard setback on the East half of Lot 19, all of Lot 20, Block 14, Wise Addition, Section 31, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 222 East Monroe Street.
32) No. 06SE001 - Mediterranean Subdivision - A request by FMG, Inc. for FICACS, LLC to consider an application for a Special Exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual to allow three points of access to street system and allow access from both adjoining streets in lieu of lesser traveled streets on Lots 1 and 2 of Mediterranean Subdivision, located in the SE1/4 SW1/4, Section 4, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1805 38th Street
33) No. 06TP004 - Pedestrian/Bicyclist Crash Report 2002-2005 (Information Item Only)
34) No. 06TP005 -
35) No. 06TP006 - Draft Request for Proposals –
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION