ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Fire Flow Testing Process Discussion – Alderman Kooiker (Continued from the November 29, and the
3) A resolution regarding older infrastructure – Alderman Schumacher
4) Southeast Connector signage – Alderman Kooiker
5) Elm Avenue and
6) Sign moratorium resolution – Alderman Schumacher
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
7) No. PW013106-01 - Temporary Water Service Contract for Pactola Reservoir
8) No. PW013106-02 – ( No Link) Report on
9) No. PW011006-03 - Request approval to proceed with the purchase of Railroad Lease Lands identified in Lease No. 1572 to allow the City to proceed with Knollwood Drainage Elements 2 and 20 in 2006 and 2007. (Continued from the
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
10) No. PW013106-03 - Change Order No. 1F for
11) No. PW013106-04 - Change Order No. 1F for
12) No. PW013106-05 - Change Order No. 1F for 2005 Mill and Overlays Project No. ST04-1431 to Hills Materials Company for an increase of $18,065.20
13) No. PW013106-06 - Change Order No. 1 for
14) No. PW013106-07 - Change Order No. 2 for
15) No. PW013106-08 - Change Order No. 2F for 2005 Street Painting Contract, Project No. PM05-1475; CIP No. 50594 to United Rentals Highway Technologies, Inc. for an increase of $22,495.65
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
16) No. PW013106-09 -
17) No. PW013106-10 - Water Reclamation Facility Paving & Sidewalk
18) No. PW013106-11 - Skyline Drive and
19) No. PW013106-12 - 6th Street and
20) No. PW013106-13 - Sander / Spreader with plows
21) No. PW013106-14 - Tandem Axle Dump Truck
22) No. PW013106-15 - Tandem Axle Flat Bed Truck
23) No. PW013106-16 - Vacuum Street Sweeper
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
24) No. PW013106-17 - Right-of-Way Agreements between the City of Rapid City and the South Dakota Department of Transportation for The Mountain View Road Improvement Project
25) No. PW103106-18 - Professional Services Agreement between Ferber Engineering, Inc. and the City of
26) No. PW013106-19 - Professional Services Agreement between Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson for engineering services for the 42” Trunk Sewer Siphons Rehabilitation Project No. SS05-1544; CIP #50327 for an amount not to exceed $141,922.65
27) No. PW013106-20 - Amendment to the Service Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Designworks, Inc. for Omaha Street Corridor Enhancement Project – Phase I for an amount not to exceed $8,000.00
28) No. PW013106-21 - Covenant Agreement with Farrar Real Estate Limited Partnership to initiate the first phase of the "North Deadwood High High Level" water service zone and cost sharing for the infrastructure
CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
29) No. PW013106-22 - Approve a Resolution Authorizing Public Works Director to grant exceptions to design standards and standard specifications
ENGINEERING SERVICES DIVISION
30) No. PW013106-23 - Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Project SSW05-1309 CIP
31) No. PW013106-24 – Request permission to seek proposals for consultant services for 2006 Citywide Geotechnical Investigations and 2006 Citywide Materials Testing
32) No. PW013106-25 – (No Link) Acknowledge the Preliminary Report for Reroute/Replace 10” and 12” Water Mains on Camp Rapid South Canyon High Level Service Area prepared by FMG, Inc.
33) No. PW013106-26 – (No Link) Acknowledge the Preliminary Report for Water System Hydraulic Analysis and Sanitary Sewer Analysis East St. Louis Street and Waterloo Street Areas, Project No. W01-1084 prepared by FMG, Inc.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
34) No. PW013106-27 - Request permission to purchase from State contract #14664 with Beck Motors of Pierre, SD (3) ¾ ton, 4x4, regular cab, long box pickups
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
35) No. 05TI016 - Plum Creek Subdivision - A request by Centerline to consider an application for a Tax Increment District No. 57 - Project Plan on the W1/2 SW1/4, less Plum Creek Subdivision and including Elk Vale Road right-of-way, Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southern terminus of South Valley Drive.
36) 06TP002 - 2006-2010 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment
37) No. 05FV012 - Big Sky Subdivision - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a ten foot high fence in lieu of a four foot high fence around the Basketball and Volleyball Courts on Tract G of Big Sky Subdivision, Section 3, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Homestead Street and Aurora Drive. (Continued from the
38) No. 05CA052 - The Villagio at Golden Eagle - A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Signature Development to consider an application for an Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan amending the Major Street Plan to relocate a street on the Major Street Plan on Lots 1 - 16 of Block 1, and Lots 1 - 4 of Block 2, the Villagio at Golden Eagle, formerly the unplatted portion of the E1/2 NW1/4 SE1/4 of Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, legally described as the unplatted portion of the E1/2 NW1/4 SE1/4 of Section 22, T1N, R7E; Lot 3 of Tract B, Spring Brook Acres; Lot 1R of Tract B, Spring Brook Acres; W1/2 NW1/4 SE1/4 less Spring Brook Acres and less Lot H2; and the unplatted portion of the NW1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 all located in Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located adjacent to the east and west sides of Golden Eagle Drive north of Catron Boulevard.
39) No. 05RD009 - Section 6, T1N, R8E - A request by City of Rapid City for South Dakota School of Mines to consider an application for a Resolution to name internal streets University Loop, Stadium Lane Tech Access Road, Technology Court and Hardrocker Road on the unplatted balance of SE1/4 SW1/4 NW1/4; the unplatted balance of the SW1/4 SE1/4 NW1/4, less Lot H3; the unplatted balance of the N1/2 SW1/4, less South Dakota School of Mines & Technology Campus Subdivision; that part of the vacated Clark Street in the NW1/4 SW1/4, Section 6, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 501 East St. Joseph Street.
40) No. 05VE025 - Stoney Creek South Subdivision - A request by Sperlich Consulting for William Donhiser to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement on the Lot Line common to Lots 2 and 3 of Block 1, Stoney Creek South Subdivision located in the NW1/4 SW1/4 of the SW1/4 SW1/4, Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 5734 Sheridan Lake Road.
41) No. PW013106-28 - Report on Building Permit for Multi-Family Structures at 1626 Evergreen Drive and
42) No. PW013106-29 - Contractor Fee Increase Public Meeting
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
43) No. PW013106-30 - Canyon
44) No. PW013106-31 - Authorize the Parks Division to purchase the following vehicles from State Contracts:
a) One 2006 Ford Ranger Class CB Truck, 2x4 Extended Cab, from State of SD Contract No. 14669 with Murdo Ford, PO Box 186, Murdo, SD 57559, Item No. 31, in the bid amount of $13,723, plus delivery charges in the amount of $120, for a total pruchase cost of $13,843.
b) Two 2006 Ford Ranger Class CD Trucks, with compact
4x4 Extended Cab from Murdo Ford, PO Box 186, Murdo, SD 57559, from State Contract No.
14669, Item No. 33, in the bid amount of $16,182 each,
plus delivery charges in the amount of $120 each, for a total purchase cost of $32,604.
c) One 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Class CF Truck 1/2 Ton
Regular Cab Long Box from Beck
Motors, PO Box 729, Pierre, SD 57501, from State Contract No. 14664, Item
No. 35, in the bid amount of
$14,965, plus delivery charges in the amount of $130, for a total purchase cost of $15,095.
d) One 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Class CL Truck 3/4 Ton
4x4 Extended Cab Short Box from Beck Motors, PO Box 729, Pierre, SD 57501, from State
Contract No. 14664, Item No. 50, in the bid
amount of $20,713, plus delivery charges in the amount of $130, for a total purchase cost of $20,843.
One 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Class CL Truck 3/4 Ton 4x4 Regular Cab Long Box from Beck Motors, PO Box 729, Pierre, SD 57501, from State
Contract No. 14664, Item No. 48, in the bid amount of $18,830, plus delivery charges in
the amount of $130, for a total purchase cost of $18,960.
45) No. PW013106-32 - Authorize the Recreation Division to purchase one (1) 2006 Chevrolet Express 1 Ton, 12 Passenger Van from State Contract No. 14664 with Beck Motors, PO Box 729, Pierre, SD, in the total amount of $21,784.
46) No. PW013106-33 – Authorize Staff to advertise for bids for Two (2) – 72” Outfront Mowers for the Parks Division
47) No. PW013106-34 – Authorize staff to advertise for bids for a Utility Vehicle for the Cemetery
ADDENDUM NO. 1
48) No. PW011006-18 - Handicap parking issues at the Ice Arena and Roosevelt Swimming Pool