ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. PW051005-01 - Request a variance for two 40’ approach driveways on Dane Lane in the North Star Light Industrial Park at 2331 Dyess Avenue – Lind Exco
2) No. PW051005-02 - City Council approval of a Local Governing Body Support Letter for Mercy Housing applying for HOME and/or Housing Tax Credits from South Dakota Housing Development Authority.
3) No. PW051005-03 - City Council approval of a Local Governing Body Support Letter for Gandolf Group, LLC applying for HOME and/or Housing Tax Credits from South Dakota Housing Development Authority.
4) No. PW051005-04 - City Council approval of a Local Governing Body Support Letter for Rapid Creek Apartments applying for HOME and/or Housing Tax Credits from South Dakota Housing Development Authority.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
5) No. PW051005-05 - Report from
6) Development Appeals Review Board recommendation regarding the issue of cathodic protection on water lines – Alderman Kroeger (Continued from the
7) Development Appeals and Review Board Recommendation regarding Lamplighter Inn (Referred from the
8) Condition of
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
9) No. PW051005-06 - Consultant selection process amendment. (Continued from the
10) No. PW051005-07 - Street Lighting request on
11) No. PW041205-10 - Nugget Gulch Road Extension (Continued from the
12) No. CC050205-02 Used Tanker Truck for the Solid Waste Division (bid opened April 18, 2005) to J.D. Evans for a 1994 Autocar tanker truck for a price of $28,500 (Referred from the May 2, 2005 City Council Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
13) No. PW051005-08 - No. 2F to the
14) No. PW051005-09 - No. 1 to the Well No. 5 Pump Replacement and Well No. 10 Pump Lowering Project No. W05-1450; CIP #50573 for a seven (7) day time extension only.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
15) No. PW051005-10 - 38th Street Pedestrian Bridge Replacement design-build, Project No. MIP05-1477; CIP #50550
16) No. PW051005-11 - N. 39th Street and
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
17) No. PW051005-12 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and South Dakota Department of Transportation for reconstruction of the railroad crossing at Milwaukee Street for an estimated cost share of $6,400.00
18) No. PW051005-13 - Professional Services Agreement between Ferber Engineering, Inc. and the City of Rapid City for the Preliminary Study, Design, Preparation of Construction Plans and Specifications, and assistance with Bidding and Construction Phase Services for the Sedivy Lane Reconstruction Project No. ST04-1063 for an amount not to exceed $64,650.50
19) No. PW051005-14 - Professional Services Agreement between American Engineering Testing and the City of
20) No. PW051005-15 - Professional Services Agreement between Alliance of Architects and Engineers and the City of
21) No. PW051005-16 - Professional Services Agreement between Brosz Engineering, Inc. and the City of
22) No. PW051005-17 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a street light installation and maintenance agreement for Red Rock Meadows
23) No. PW051005-18 - Request that the Council consider ordering in sidewalk on the North side of Disk Drive between the Best Buy store and
24) No. PW042605-12 - Snow Disposal Site Alternatives (Referred from the
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
25) Task Force Recommendation on the following items: 1) Seasonal Deposit Locations within the pit 2)
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
26) No. 05RD002 –
27) No. 05VE003 - Old Rodeo Subdivision A request by Sperlich Consulting for Children’s Care Hospital and School, D&V LLC, SIGBjornson Limited Partnership to consider an application for a Vacation of Non-access Easement on Lots 2, 3 and 4 of Old Rodeo Subdivision, located in the NE1/4 of the SW1/4, Section 26, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the eastern terminus of Addison Avenue.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION