ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) PW122804-02 - Sewer Service to Lazy P-6 property – Centerline for Lazy P-6. (Continued from the December 28 Public Works Committee Meeting).
FROM THE MAYOR
FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Requesting traffic study information on 5th &
3) Provide Rapid Transit Service to
- Audio/video problems in council/school board chambers – Alderman Kooiker
(Continued from the
5) No. CC010305-01 Formal request to appeal the
6) DARB recommendations relating to the J&D Precast request to be considered an acceptable manhole manufacturer.
DARB recommendations to resolve the
Jehovah's Witness Church construction problems.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
- Allow variances and acknowledge improvement completions on lots 4 and 5 of
Owen Hibbard Subdivision, Section 23, T. 1 N., R. 7 E., B.H.M.,
- Deed to the SDDOT, Lot H2 in a portion of the 100 ft. of Dedicated
Right-of-Way known as Lange Road in the SW1/4 of Section 22, Township 2 North,
Range 7 East of the B.H.M., Rapid City, Pennington County, SD., 3.35 acres, more
- No. 3F to the
STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
- Request Authorization to advertise for bids for the completion of 2005 Mill
and Overlays, Various locations Project No. ST04-1431
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) PW011105-07 - Amendment No. 2F to the Professional Services Agreement between AET, Inc. and the City of Rapid City for the 2003-2004 Geotechnical Investigations of various projects on the 2004 and 2005 CIP list for an amount not to exceed $12,746.00.
- Amendment to the agreement with Lighting Maintenance Company to include
service for the 62 metal halide light fixtures installed as part of the
- Professional Services agreement between AET and the City of
- Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services agreement between TSP Three, Inc.
and the City of Rapid City to provide engineering services for water and sewer
reconstruction for Mt. View Road Utility Reconstruction, Jackson Boulevard to
Omaha Street Project #W051342 for an amount not to exceed $20,535.00
- Request for council concurrence with staff status report and recommendations
to select the
19) PW011105-12 - Authorize Public Works staff to enter into easement negotiations with property owners adjacent to West Nike Road #1 to secure a utility easement for Project SS03-1255, “Mall Ridge Lift Station Improvements”, and authorize staff to proceed with the final design stage of the project with a projected construction completion of December 30, 2005, contingent upon securing an easement by March 1, 2005.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
- Rapid Ride and Dial-a-Ride additional route discussion and route service to
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
21) No. 04SE005 - Section 5, T1N, R8E - A request by Dean Kurtz Construction Company for Dakota Hills Veterinary Clinic to consider an application for an Exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual Section 8.2.1 and 3.2.2 for minimum separation clearance from a driveway to a street intersection on Lot A of Lot 3 of B of the SE1/4 of the NW1/4 of Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located along Centre Street.
22) No. 04VE023 - Nowlin & Wood Addition Subdivision - A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers to consider an application for a Vacation of note on Plat on The N 318.90' of Loft 16 of the Replat of Block 31 of Nowlin & Wood Addition, excepting there from Lots H1, H2, and H3, N1/2, NW1/4, Section 31, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, legally described as The N 318.90' of Loft 16 of the Replat of Block 31 of Nowlin & Wood Addition, excepting there from Lots H1, H2, and H3, N1/2, NW1/4, Section 31, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of E Anamosa St. and west of N LaCrosse Street at the intersection.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
Parks & Recreation Subcommittee recommends that the City submit the
“Fairgrounds Bike Path Improvement Project" as a Transportation Enhancement Grant application