Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
Request to erect tent in the public right-of-way
Request to reduce water hook-up fee, Larry Lewis,
3) Special Exception to allow access from Skyline Drive to serve Lot 2, Block 13 located in Section 2, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, South Dakota Dan Smith. (Continued from the July 27, 2004 Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) Soo San Drive/Range Road, Alderman Kooiker
5) Park land dedication and subdivision regulations, Alderman Kooiker
6) Discussion of Group Home Use on Review Requirements, Alderman French (Refer from the July 28, 2004 Legal and Finance Committee Meeting)
7) East Philadelphia/LaCrosse Traffic Signal, Alderman Kooiker (Continued from the July 27, 2004 Public Works Committee Meeting)
8) Report on ordinance on standing water as continued from the July 6, 2004 City Council Meeting
9) Discussion of City/School Administration Building ADA Accessibility
10) West-Side Yard Waste Site Alternatives Discussion only
11) No. PW081004-01 - Approve Permanent Sanitary Sewer Easement at 420 Cambell Street and authorize the expenditure of $14,530.00
12) No. PW081004-02 No. 1 for Schamber Addition Water Main Extension Project No. W03-1286 to R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for an increase of $10,036.72
13) No. PW081004-03 No. 2F for 8th Street Water Main Extension Project No. W03-1308 to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for a decrease of $2,246.93
14) No. PW081004-04 No. 1F for Waterloo Street and Utility Reconstruction Project No. SSW03-1084 to R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for an increase of $1,312.18
15) No. PW081004-05 No.2F for Sheridan Lake Road Panel Replacement Project No. STCM03-1294 to Simon Contractors of South Dakota, Inc. for an increase of $3,148.11
16) No. PW081004-06 No. B05 and final for Roosevelt Park Pool Complex Project No. PR02-1208 to R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for an increase of $9,648.00.
17) No. PW081004-07 North Elk Vale Sewer Main Extension Project No. SS03-1292-(CIP #50469).
18) No. PW081004-08 Heidiway Lane Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS01-1061 (CIP #50340)
19) No. PW081004-09 Centre Street Sewer Main Extension Project No. SS00-940-(CIP #50275)
20) No. PW081004-10 Amendment #1 to Professional Service Agreement with CETEC Engineering for the design of the Catron Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Extension, Hwy. 79 to Fifth Street, Project SS01-1052 for an amount not to exceed $8,310.00.
21) No. PW081004-11 - Set time and place for hearing on Resolution of Necessity for Block 8 Alley Paving (West Boulevard Addition) Project No. ST03-1330.
22) No. PW081004-12 Approve Out of the Dust Funds in the amount of $4,177.00 for Asphalt Paving of a portion of an alley as located in Block 8 of the Schnasse Addition Project No. ST04-1386.
24) No. PW071304-09 Approve of the U.S. Highway 16 Corridor Study Final Report (refer from August 2, 2004 City Council meeting)
25) No. 04VE015 Approve with stipulations a Vacation of Utility and Drainage Easement for petitioner Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Cregut Inc. on Lot 1 of Lot C of Lot 1 of Rohrer Subdivision located in the SW1/4 of the SE1/4 of Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 7800 Alberta Drive. (refer from August 2, 2004 City Council meeting)
26) No. 04VE010 - A request by Steven Thingelstad for Western Management Corporation for a Vacation of Major Drainage Easement on Lot 2 of Block 2 of Parkridge Village Subdivision No. 2 located in the NW1/4 of the NE1/4 of Section 16, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located along Park Drive (refer from August 2, 2004 City Council meeting)
27) Funding for Enchantment Road Completion
28) No. 04FV014 - A request by Michael Altstiel for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot fence in the front yard setback on Lot 1, Block 1, Mall Ridge Subdivision No. 2, Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located at 504 Lion Drive.
29) No. 04VE016 - A request by Gwendolyn Boehler for a Vacation of Utility and Sewer Line Easement on Lot 32, Lakeview Subdivision #2, Section 8, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City Pennington County, South Dakota, located at 3111 Morningside Drive.