ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 31, 2012; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 32
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 32
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW073112-01 – Approve Minutes of July 10, 2012.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW073112-06 – Acknowledge Letter from Former Mayor Don Barnett Regarding 1972 Flood Remembrance and Renewal.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
3) PW073112-39 – Authorize Public Works Director to execute an amendment to Purchase Agreement with By-Pass Development, LLC dated July 16, 2012, extending the time for closing the purchase.
Approve Change Order
4) PW073112-07 – Change Order No. 1F to Layne Christensen Co. for Well No. 8 Pump Replacement, Project No. W10-1896 / CIP No. 50832 for an increase of $1,679.00.
5) PW073112-08 – Change Order #1F to Simon Contractors of SD Inc. for Star of the West Parking Lot Repairs, Project No. 12-2030/ CIP No. 50909, for an increase of $8,444.93.
6) PW073112-09 – Change Order #1F to RCS Construction for Stirling Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS10-1904 / CIP No. 50838, for a decrease of $176,808.96.
7) PW073112-10 – Change Order #1 to RCS Construction for Rapid City Greenway Trails and Pedestrian Facilities Project, Project PR08-6017, for an increase of $11,768.20.
8) PW073112-11 – Change Order #1F to Stanley J Johnsen Concrete Contractor Inc. for Saint Joseph Street Joint Sealing, Project 12-2028 / CIP No. 50445, for an increase of $2,014.05.
9) PW073112-12 – Change Order #1F to Hills Materials Company for Rapid Creek Trunk Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation, Project No. SS10-1852 / CIP No. 50194 for an increase of $2,723.10.
10) PW073112-13 – Change Order #1 to Rapid Construction Company for Deadwood Avenue Sanitary Sewer and Water Main Extension, Project No. 11-1978 / CIP No. 50891, for a decrease of $8,949.94.
Authorize Staff To Advertise for Bids
11) PW073112-14 – 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project – Schedule A, Project No. 12-2016A / CIP No. 50903. Estimated Cost: $1,010,000.00.
12) PW073112-15 – 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project – Schedule B, Project No. 12-2016B / CIP No. 50903. Estimated Cost: $124,000.00.
13) PW073112-16 – 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project – Schedule C, Project No. 12-2016C / CIP No. 50903. Estimated Cost: $366,000.00.
14) PW073112-17 – Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Quincy Street, Project No. 12-1983 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $175,000.00.
15) PW073112-18 – 11th Street Railroad Crossing, Project No. RR12-2024 / CIP No. 50173. Estimated Cost: $150,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
16) PW073112-19 – Covenant Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Lazy P6 Land Company, Inc. for an agreement to delay the time of construction of approximately 125 feet of the required subdivision improvements in East Stumer Road.
17) PW073112-21 – Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Sperlich Consulting Inc. for Arrowhead Drainage Basin Detention Cells 200 & 201 Maintenance, Project No. DR12-2037 / CIP No. 50786, in the amount of $24,897.50.
18) PW073112-22 – Amendment No. 1 to Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Banner Associates for the Rapid City Regional Airport Water Transmission Main Loop, Project No. 11-1992 / CIP No. 50892, in the amount of $36,976.00.
19) PW073112-23 – Approve Request for an Exception to the Consultant Selection Process for the Mount Rushmore Road Project.
20) PW073112-24 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for West Saint Cloud Street and Harmony Lane, Street and Utilities Project No. 12-2047 / CIP No. 50712. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,475,000.00.
21) PW073112-25 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Dyess Utility Extension (16” Water Main) – DEV12-1079.
22) PW073112-26 – Approve Acceptance of Infrastructure for Founders Park North – 12PL012, DEV1065.
23) PW073112-35 – Approve Request from Roger and Ruby Iszler to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at 5196 Ridgeview Road – Lot 31 of Enchanted Hills #2 Subdivision, Section 23, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
24) PW073112-37 – Acknowledge National Flood Insurance Program/Community Rating System (NFIP/CRS) Verification Report Improvement from a Class 8 to Class 7 Rating.
Water Reclamation Division
25) PW073112-27 – Acknowledge Letter to the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
Solid Waste Division
26) PW073112-36 – Approve Resolution #2012-091 Establishing Garbage and Refuse Fees and Rates Which Amends Resolution #2012-062 to Decrease the Solid Waste Unit Collection Charges.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
27) PW073112-02 – Confirm Appointment of Heather Knox to the Development Appeals & Review Board (DARB) as the Planning Commission Representative with the term to expire July 1, 2013.
28) PW073112-03 – Confirm the Appointments of John Brewer and Steve Rolinger to the Tax Increment Finance Committee as Planning Commission Representatives with terms to expire July 1, 2013, and July 1, 2014, respectively.
29) PW073112-04 – Confirm the Appointments of Steve Rolinger and Alternate Josh Snyder to the Rapid City Zoning Board of Adjustment as Planning Commission Representatives with terms to expire July 1, 2013, and July 1, 2014, respectively.
30) PW073112-05 – Confirm Reappointments of Jim Jackson – Sign Contractor and Pat Roseland – Historic Preservation Committee Member to the Historic Sign Review Committee.
31) PW073112-28 – Building Permit Totals through June 30, 2012.
32) 12CA004 - Sections 20 and 21, T1N, R8E – Approve a request by Dream Design International, Inc. for an Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to revise the Major Street Plan for property generally described as being located north of Old Folsom road and south of Elk Vale Road.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 33 – 39
Public Comment opened – Items 33 – 39
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
33) PW073112-29 – Private Driveway Located in the 12th Street Right of Way – David and Patti Smith.
34) PW073112-30 – Plum Tree Homeowner’s Association Request for Assistance on Plum Tree Lane – Chris Lenger, Plum Tree HOA President.
35) PW073112-31 – President’s Plaza Update – Hani Shafai.
Items From the Public Works Department
36) PW073112-32 – Appeal of Denial of Request for an Exception to Allow an Existing Approach on 5th Street to be utilized for ingress and egress to a Commercial Parcel, Lot 5 of North 80 Subdivision, Section 19, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
37) PW073112-33 – Infrastructure Funding Spreadsheet Update.
38) PW073112-34 – Approve Funding Request for Oversized Water, Sewer, and Street Improvements for the 5th Street Extension South of Catron Boulevard Contingent Upon Annexation of Properties on Both Sides of Proposed Right of Way.
Community Planning Department
39) PW073112-38 – Acknowledge Recommendations of the Board and Committees Consolidation Study.