ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, August 9, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of July 26, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW080911-01 – Request by Lazy P6 for Reimbursement of $656,250.00 for Drainage Improvements.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW080911-02 – Hours of Operation – Mayor Sam Kooiker.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW080911-03 – Approve .16 Utility funding of $520,000.00 for the Extension of Water and Sewer Mains along Deadwood Avenue, with the property owners being notified – .16 Utility Fund Oversight Committee.
4) PW080911-04 – Approve .16 Utility funding of $1,518,350.00 for the Extension of Water Mains along Seger Drive, 143rd Avenue, and Country Road – .16 Utility Fund Oversight Committee.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW080911-05 – Change Order No. 2 to RCS Construction for Canyon Lake Drive Reconstruction, Project No. WTP10-878 / CIP No. 50004, for an increase of $75,215.05.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
6) PW080911-06 – 2011 ADA Compliance Project, Project No. ADA11-1924 / CIP 50761. Estimated Cost: $50,000.00.
7) PW080911-07 – 2011 Manhole Adjustment Project, Project No. ST11-1970 / CIP 50846. Estimated Cost: $35,000.00.
8) PW080911-08 – Landfill Cell 15 and 16 Liner Leachate Collection System, Project No. LF11-1974 / CIP No. 50888. Estimated Cost: $100,000.00.
9) PW080911-09 – Five Year Annual Renewal Environmental Monitoring Contract, Project No. LF11-1975 / CIP No. 50889. Estimated Cost: $42,000.
10) PW080911-10 – Landfill Gas Utilization Study, Project No. LF11-1976 / CIP No. 50890. Estimated Cost: $150,000.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) PW080911-11 – Agreement Between City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for Professional Services for Task 1 of Jackson Boulevard Utilities Chapel Lane to Rapid Creek Bridge, Project No. SSW10-1837 / CIP No. 50177
12) PW080911-12 – Agreement Between City of Rapid City and McCarthy Properties LLC for the Extension of Water and Sanitary Sewer Mains on Deadwood Avenue.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
13) No. 11VE017 - McMahon Subdivision – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for M&P Developments to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot A of Tract E-3R of McMahon Subdivision located in Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on the south side of Kathryn Avenue approximately 220 feet west of the intersection of Kathryn Avenue and Haines Avenue. (Continued from the July 26, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
14) No. 11VE018 - D.B. Western Subdivision – A request by Davis Engineering for Kugler Company to consider an application for a Vacation of Utility Easement for Lot 1 of D.B. Western Subdivision located in NW1/4 of the SW1/4 of Section 17, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1650 Culvert Street.
15) 11TP018 – 2012–2016 Rapid City Area Transportation Improvement Program – Final Report.
16) PW080911-14 – Report on Parking Lots and Area Fund.
17) PW080911-15 – Resolution No. 2011-094A Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property.