ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 10, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of April 26, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW051011-01 – Installation of Sidewalk on 5th Street – Charity Doyle.
2) PW051011-02 – Installation of Sidewalk on Parkview Drive – Charity Doyle.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW042611-05 – Discussion on Bid Process Guidelines and Policy on Contractors / Work Performance – Alderman Gary Brown and Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the April 26, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW051011-03 – Change Order No. 1 to Corr Construction Services, Inc. for the 2010 Bridge Maintenance Project, Project No. ST10-1886 / CIP No. 50752, for a decrease of $10,787.76.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
5) PW051011-04 – Frontier Place Reconstruction, Project No. DR07-1679 / CIP No. 50806. Estimated cost: $240,000.00.
6) PW051011-05 – Fire Hydrant Annual Installation 2011, Project No. PW11-1952 / CIP No. 50808. Estimated cost: $40,000.00.
7) PW051011-06 – Miscellaneous Well Abandonment-Airport Well and Marine Life Well, Project No. W11-1949 / CIP No. 50871. Estimated cost: $25,000.00.
8) PW051011-07 – Downtown Traffic Signal System Modernization, Project No. SIG11-1958 / CIP No. 50848. Estimated cost: $300,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
9) PW051011-08 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society for oversize water transmission main and construction observation services for oversize project improvements, not to exceed $206,049.00.
10) PW051011-09 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and Highway Improvement, Inc. for Asphalt Surface Crack Sealing, Project No. ST11-1899 / CIP No. 50549, not to exceed $195,200.00.
11) 11EX261 – Request for exception to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along 2809 Plant Street per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 2R of Tract E, Deadwood Avenue Tract located in the NE¼ of NW1/4, S34, T2N, R7E Pennington County, South Dakota. (Continued from the April 26, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
12) PW051011-10 – Approve Agreement Waiving Right to Protest for JVC Partnership for sidewalk along 2809 Plant Street per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 2R of Tract E, Deadwood Avenue Tract located in the NE¼ of NW1/4, S34, T2N, R7E Pennington County, South Dakota.
13) 11EX267 – Request for exception to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along 2290 South Plaza Drive per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot A of Tract 20R of S.G. Interstate Plaza, Section 27, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
14) PW051011-11 – Approve Agreement Waiving Right to Protest for Robert L. Steele and Barbara Steele for sidewalk along 2290 South Plaza Drive, Lot A of Tract 20R of S.G. Interstate Plaza, Section 27, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
15) PW051011-12 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Leland Lane and Rushmore Street Reconstruction, Project No. SSW11-1951 / CIP No. 50802. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,154,500.00.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
16) 11TP012 – 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #11-005R.
ADDENDUM No. 1:
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
17) PW051011-13 – Bike Education & Lane Positioning – Jim Books.