ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, March 15, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of March 1, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW031511-01 – A variance request to waive the sidewalk requirement at 820 East Boulevard as per Chapter 12.16.080 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
2) PW031511-02 – Request for Compost for Educational Garden - Rapid City Garden Club.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW020111-02 – Internet Posting of Monthly/Quarterly Income Statements for the Enterprise Funds – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the February 15, 2011, City Council Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW031511-03 – Change Order No. 1 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Main Street Square Site Development, Project No. PR10-1901 / CIP No. 50839, for an increase of $58,450.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
5) PW031511-04 – Cambell Street Reinforced Concrete Box Culvert, Project No. DR10-1909 / CIP No. 50020. Estimated cost: $1,700,000.00.
6) PW031511-05 – Permanent Pavement Marking Project, Project No. PM11-1935 / CIP No. 50593. Estimated cost: $56,040.00.
7) PW031511-06 – Street Rehabilitation Project #3 – Wellington Drive, Fox Run Drive, Triple Crown Court, Oak Avenue, and South Boulevard Area, Project No. ST11-1912 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated cost: $760,000.00.
8) PW031511-07 – Intelligent Vehicle System – Automated Voice Annunciator (AVA) for Rapid Transit System. Estimated cost: $75,000 (80% Federal).
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
9) PW110910-10 – Sewer Service Agreement Between Rapid Valley Sanitary District and the City of Rapid City, South Dakota. (Continued from the February 15, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
10) PW031511-08 – Agreement with Steve Becher for the right to harvest alfalfa from a certain property owned by the City of Rapid City in the amount of $8,101.00.
11) PW031511-09 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for right of way acquisition responsibilities for the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Reconstruction project, Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351, for a maximum amount of $6,000.00.
12) PW031511-10 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for construction engineering services for Mall Drive Reconstruction, Lowes Driveway to LaCrosse Street, State Project No. P 1608(04) PCN 01FP, City Project No. ST08-1753 / CIP No. 50646, in the amount of $146,500.00.
13) PW031511-11 – Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company for the Inflow and Infiltration Study, Project No. SS10-1919 / CIP No. 50849, in the amount of $427,971.00.
14) PW031511-13 – Agreement between City of Rapid City and Rapid Canyon Sanitary Sewer District to transfer ownership of a sewer main which generally runs from Cleghorn Canyon along Rapid Creek and Highway 44.
15) PW031511-14 – Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for construction administration services for Kepps Water Main Extension, Project No. W10-1702 / CIP No. 50625, in the amount of $79,108.00.
16) PW031511-15 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG Engineering, Inc. for construction administration services for Cambell Street Reinforced Concrete Box Culvert, Project No. DR10-1909 / CIP No. 50020, in the amount of $75,955.00.
17) PW031511-16 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Engineering Inc. for Ellsworth Air Force Base Water Meter Relocation Evaluation, Project No. W11-1936 / CIP No. 50830, in the amount of $19,900.00.
18) PW031511-17 – Permanent Utility Easement from City of Rapid City to Black Hills Power for property located near the St. Patrick Street Siphon Odor Control Facility, Project No. SS09-1825 / CIP No. 50774.
19) PW031511-18 – Voluntary Temporary Construction Easements for Mall Drive Reconstruction, SDDOT Project No. P1608(04), PCN 01FP, City Project No. ST08-1753 / CIP No. 50646.
20) PW031511-19 – Voluntary Temporary Construction Easements for East North Street Reconstruction, SDDOT Project No. P1474(05), PCN 00KC, City Project No. ST08-1511, CIP No. 50142.
21) PW031511-20 – Temporary Construction Easement for East North Street Reconstruction, SDDOT Project No. P1474(05), PCN 00KC, City Project No. ST08-1511, CIP No. 50142, Parcel No. F14, in the amount of $1,000.00.
22) PW031511-21 – Approve Resolution #2011-030 for the Bridge Reinspection Program for use with SDDOT Retainer Contracts, Annual Bridge Inspections, CIP No. 50630.
23) PW031511-22 – Acknowledgment of South Dakota Engineering Society Black Hills Chapter Project of the Year Award to the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for “Knollwood Drainage Outfall Elements 2 and 20, Project No. DR04-1390 / CIP 50312”.
24) PW031511-12 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Seger Drive / Dyess Avenue Sanitary Sewer Extension, Phase 1 – Project No. SS11-1946 / CIP No. 50277.1-1 and Phase 2 – Project No. SS11-1947 / CIP No. 50277.102. Estimated cost of entire project including both phases: $3,380,000.00.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
25) PW031511-23 – Request permission to purchase new current year model ¾ 4X4 Ton Pickup Truck from McKie Ford using State Contract #16030 specifications, for $23,492.00. (Price is $1.00 less than state bid.)
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
26) No. 11VE005 – Grandview Tract - A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Richard Rangel to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Utility Easement for Lot 4-A and Lot 4-B of Block 2 of Grandview Tract, located in the SW1/4 NW1/4 of Section 16, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southern terminus of Lee Drive.