ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, December 14, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of November 30, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW121410-01 – Request for Wood Chips from the Journey Museum – Gary Hargens, The Journey Museum.
2) PW121410-02 – Presentation on Code Enforcement Structure – Dale Schumacher.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERPERSONS AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW121410-03 – Review of Sewer Backup Reimbursement Policy and Discussion of Damages Cap – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
4) PW121410-04 – Resolution of Support for Calvin Coolidge Historical Marker/Plaque in the 600 Block of Columbus Street – Alderman Brown, Alderman Waugh, and Alderman Kooiker.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
5) PW121410-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Layne Christensen Company for Well No. 10 Pump Replacement, Project No. W10-1889 / CIP No. 50831, for a decrease of
6) PW121410-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Mainline Contracting Inc. for Tomahawk Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS10-1905 / CIP No. 50843, for a decrease of $7,241.55.
7) PW121410-07 – Change Order No. 1F to RCS Construction for Robbinsdale – Oak Avenue, Oak Drive, and Oakland Street Reconstruction, Project No. ST09-1824 / CIP No. 50424, for a decrease of $38,536.20.
8) PW121410-08 – Change Order No. 2 to Mainline Contracting Inc. for Robbinsdale – E. St. Francis Street, E. St. Anne Street, and Birch Avenue Reconstruction, Project No. ST09-1823 / CIP No. 50424, for a decrease of $32,630.55.
9) PW121410-13 – Change Order No. 1 to Tru-Form Construction, Inc. for Eglin Street Extension, Project No. ST05-1470 / CIP No. 50560, for an increase of $13,026.69.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
10) PW121410-09 – Automated Containers for Solid Waste. Estimated cost: $50,000.00.
11) PW121410-10 – Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Main Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777. Estimated cost: $883,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) PW110910-10 – Sewer Service Agreement Between Rapid Valley Sanitary District and the City of Rapid City, South Dakota. (Continued from the November 30, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
13) PW121410-11 – Funding Agreement between the City of Rapid City and SD Department of Transportation, Urban Surface Transportation Program, for Letting and Construction of Mall Drive Reconstruction – Lowes Driveway to Lacrosse Street, State Project No. P 1608(04), PCN 01FP, City Project No. ST08-1753 / CIP No. 50646.
14) PW121410-12 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for the North Pinedale Reservoir for Good Samaritan Society Saint Martin’s Village, Project No. W10-1890 / CIP No. 50832, in the amount of $108,775.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
15) No. 10VE014 - Autumn Hills Subdivision - A request by Jon and Julie Lafleur to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Utility Easement for Lot 17 of Block 1 of Autumn Hills Subdivision located in the W1/2 NW1/4 of Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4801 Summerset Drive.