ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, April 27, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of April 13, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW042710-01 – Water Conservation Rebate Request – Warren Sylliaasen.
2) PW033010-01 - A Request from Centerline to Appeal the Denial of the Request for Exception to the Rapid City Design Standards to allow a Non Conforming Water Service Line allowing the same treatment to the west side of the lot that was previously approved for the east side of the lot. (Continued from the April 19, 2010, City Council Meeting)
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Taxicabs and Limousines – Alderwoman Patti Martinson. (Continued from the March 30, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) Sidewalks for South Side of the 100 Block of New York Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the April 13, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
5) City Council Informational Meetings – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Bill Waugh.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
6) PW042710-02 – Constructing Sidewalks in Association with City Reconstruction Projects – Robert Ellis.
7) PW042710-03 – Resolution (No. 2010-057) of Intent to Lease 80 Acres on North Elk Vale Road to Matt Kammerer for the Purposes of a Haying Operation Only Pursuant to SDCL 9-12-5.2.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) PW042710-04 – Change Order No. 5 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Milo Barber Transportation Center Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746, in the amount of $6,481.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
9) PW042710-05 – Closure of Cell 12, Rapid City Landfill, Project No. LF09-1844 / CIP No. 50783. Estimated cost: $800,318.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
10) PW042710-06 – Temporary Construction Easement Between the City of Rapid City and Hook Enterprises Limited Partnership for a temporary construction easement over and across the property on a portion of the Floodway Tract of the Lombardy Industrial Park located in the Northwest Quarter (NW1/4) of Section Eight (8), Township One North (T1N), Range Eight East (R8E) of the black Hills Meridian, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
11) PW042710-07 – Professional Services Agreement with Dream Design International, Inc. for Rapid Creek Trunk Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation, Project No. SS10-1852 / CIP No. 50194, in the amount of $24,515.00.
12) PW042710-08 – Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Construction Observation Services for St. Andrews Reconstruction Phase 2 – Lincoln Ave to Elm Ave, Project No. ST10-1803 / CIP No. 50714, in the amount of $71,996.00.
13) PW042710-09 – Professional Services Agreement with Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Construction Observation Services for Oak Avenue, Oak Drive, and Oakland Street Reconstruction Project, Project No. ST09-1824 / CIP No. 50424, in the amount of $122,905.00.
14) PW042710-10 – Amendment No. 2 to the Professional Services Agreement with Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc. for the Membrane Prepurchase & Jackson Springs Final Design, Project No. W07-1689 / CIP No. 50696, in the amount of $13,493.00.
15) PW042710-11 – 2010 Operating Fund Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and the State of South Dakota, Department of Transportation, Section 5307 Urban Public Transportation Agreement, for an amount up to $28,425.00.
16) PW042710-12 – Lease Agreement with Matt Kammerer for the Purposes of a Haying Operation for Property Located on North Elk Vale Road.
17) PW042710-13 – Addendum No. 2 to the Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for the Stoney Creek Water Booster Station and Well House, Project No. W03-953 / CIP No. 50318, in the amount of $18,205.51.
18) PW042710-14 – Request approval of Resolution #2010-047 modifying the City’s currently adopted “Out of the Dust” policy by removing the requirement for a matching payment.
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
19) Declare the Week of May 2nd through May 8th as Compost Awareness Week in Rapid City – Jerry Wright.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISON
20) PW042710-15 – Request permission to purchase High Accuracy GPS system from State contract. (Budgeted item.) Estimated cost: $18,998.50.
21) PW072710-16 – Request permission to seek proposals for Hay Farming at the Water Reclamation Remediation Site.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
22) 10EX034 – Request to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Edwards Street per City Ordinance 12.16.080 - Dakotah Steakhouse Lots A & B of Lot 1 of Lot D less Lot H1, K-W Subdivision, Section 28, T2N, R8E, Pennington County, South Dakota. (Continued from the April 13, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
23) 10EX035 – Request to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along Elk Vale Road per City Ordinance 12.16.080 - Dakotah Steakhouse Lots A & B of Lot 1 of Lot D less Lot H1, K-W Subdivision, Section 28, T2N, R8E, Pennington County, South Dakota. (Continued from the April 13, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
24) 10EX039 – An Appeal of Denial of Request to waive the requirement to meter stormwater flows to historic rates – Lot L-1BR, Marshall Heights Tract.