ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, January 26, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of January 12, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) Presentation from Front Porch Coalition, Stephanie Schweitzer Dixon, Community Services Director.
2) PW012610-01 – Request for City to Accept Regional Detention Facilities – Rapid City Economic Development Foundation.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
3) PW012610-02 – 2010 Roadway Painting Project, Project No. PM10-1860 / CIP No. 50594. Estimated cost of project: $75,000.00.
4) PW012610-03 – Utility Cut Portland Concrete Replacement. Estimated cost: $75,000.00.
5) PW012610-04 – Water Treatment Coagulant for Water Treatment Plant. Estimated cost: $50,000.00.
6) PW012610-05 – Odor Control Chemical for Lift Stations. Estimated cost: $75,000.00.
7) PW012610-06 – Hot Mixed Asphaltic Concrete for Various City Departments. Estimated cost: $161,000.00.
8) PW012610-07 – Limestone Gravel for Various City Departments. Estimated cost: $75,000.00.
9) PW012610-08 – Ready Mixed Concrete for Various City Departments. Estimated cost: $63,000.00.
10) PW012610-09 – Saint Andrews Reconstruction – Lincoln Ave to Elm Ave, Project No. ST10-1803 / CIP No. 50714. Estimated cost of project: $900,000.00.
11) PW012610-10 – Eglin Street Extension, Project No. ST05-1470 / CIP No. 50560. Estimated cost of project: $1,335,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) PW012610-11 – Agreement with Qwest for the Relocation of Certain Utilities, Eglin Street Reconstruction, East North to DOT Entrance, Project No. ST05-1470 / CIP No. 50560, in the amount of $30,000.00.
13) PW012610-12 – Agreement Between City of Rapid City and Red Rock Development LLC for Reimbursement of Sewer Construction Fees for Red Rock Estates Lift Station, Project No. SS01-1086.
14) PW012610-13 – Construction Fee Resolution for Red Rock Estates Sanitary Sewer Lift Station, Project No. SS01-1086.
15) PW012610-14 – Agreement for Voluntary Right of Way Donation (Temporary Easement), for the Anamosa Street Reconstruction, Project No. ST07-1472 / CIP No. 50519.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
16) PW012610-15 – Request permission to seek proposals for Alfalfa/Hay Harvest.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) No. 09VE018 - NWE Subdivision – A request by Ferber Engineering Co., Inc. for South Dakota Game Fish and Parks to consider an application for a Vacation of Sanitary Sewer Easement on 20 foot Sanitary Sewer Easement located on Lot 2 of NWE Subdivision, Section 33, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located southwest of the intersection of Knutson Lane and Sturgis Road.