ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 29, 2009; 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 15, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) No. PW091509-16 – Building Code Review / Child Safety Screens for Apartment Complexes – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the September 15, 2009, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) Review of Policy on Non-Responsible Bidders – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Alderwoman Patti Martinson.
3) No. CC092109-02.1 – Main Fire Station Water Line Reconstruction Project No. IDP09-1791 / CIP No. 50772 (Opened September 15, 2009). (Forwarded from the September 21, 2009 City Council meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) No. PW 092909-01 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for the Landfill Scale Approach Repair, Project No. SWO09-1790 / CIP No. 50769, for an increase of $1,968.50.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
5) No. PW092909-02 – Dyess Avenue & Beale Street Overlay, Project No. ST09-1826 / CIP No. 50775. Estimated Amount of Project: $92,200.00 with SDDOT funding up to $88,000.00 as per agreement.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
6) No. PW092909-03 – State of South Dakota Letting and Financial Agreement between Department of Transportation and City of Rapid City.
7) No. PW092909-04 – Professional Services Agreement with Upper Deck Architects, Inc. for design and construction administration services of the CSAC Roof Replacement, Project No. GB09-1828 / CIP No. 50098, in the amount of $24,450.00. School district will reimburse City for 40% of costs.
8) No. PW092909-05 – Professional Services Agreement with Dream Design International, Inc. for Easy Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1829 / CIP No. 50776, in the amount of $24,800.00.
9) No. PW092909-06 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for St. Patrick Street Siphon Odor Control Facility, Project No. SS09-1825 / CIP No. 50774. Estimated design and construction costs: $700,000.00.
10) No. PW092909-07 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Cliff Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1830 / CIP No. 50778. Estimated design and construction costs: $800,000.00.
11) No. PW092909-08 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777. Estimated design and construction costs: $670,000.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
12) No. 09VE013 - Shopko Addition – A request by CETEC Engineering for Uppercrust Landscape Co. to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement on Lot 1 of Shopko Addition, Section 25, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1825 Haines Avenue.
13) No. 09VE014 - Windemere Subdivision – A request by Centerline for Olsen Development Company to consider an application for a Vacation of a Major Drainage Easement on the balance of Windemere Subdivision and Block 5 of Windmere Subdivision, Section 10, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located west side of Meadow Lane south of Twilight Drive and north of Weathervane Lane.
14) No. 09VE015 - Country Club Heights Subdivision – A request by FMG, Inc. for Steve Kalkman to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Drainage Easement on Lot 5 of Block 8 of Country Club Heights Subdivision, located in the SW1/4, Section 10, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2926 Stockade Drive.
15) 09TP025 – Draft 2010 Unified Planning Work Program for the Rapid City Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
16) No. PW092909-09 – Change Order #2, RCS Construction, Vickie Powers Park Project No. PR08-6002, mow strip around perimeter of playground, $0.00, for a contract time extension of 4 days to September 7, 2009.
17) No. PW092909-10 – Change Order #3, RCS Construction, Vickie Powers Park Project No. PR08-6002, install entrance sign pole bases at playground entrance, $0.00, for a contract time extension of 14 days to September 21, 2009.