ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 14, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 30, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) St. Patrick Street Sidewalk – Jenny Hansen Ranville
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Change Date of November 11, 2008, Public Works Committee Meeting to Wednesday, November 12, 2008, at 12:30 p.m., due to Veteran’s Day Holiday
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) No. PW101408-01 – Change Order #1 for Canyon Lake Maintenance Shop, to SECO Construction, Inc., Project No. GB08-1714, for an increase of $2,993.00
4) No. PW101408-02 – Change Order #1 for Secondary Digester Cover and Gas Mixing Equipment Replacement, to Heavy Constructors, Inc., Project No. WRF07-1549A, for an increase of $999.70
5) No. PW101408-09 – Change Order No. 1F for Fifth Street Parking, to Hills Materials Company, Project No. IDP08-1737 / CIP No. 50734, for an increase of $4,729.28
6) No. PW101408-10 – Change Order No. 2 for 2008 Street Rehabilitation Project - Various Locations, to J & J Asphalt Company, Project No. ST08-1721 / CIP No. 50549, for a decrease of $30,190.59
7) No. PW101408-11 – Change Order No. 2F for Byrnwood Area Street Project, to Simon Contractors of South Dakota, Inc., Project No. ST06-1706 / CIP No. 50721, for decrease of $8,509.30
8) No. PW101408-12 – Change Order No. 1F for Asphalt Paving Repair at Materials Recovery Facility / Co-Compost Plant, to Hills Materials Company, Project No. SWO08-1733 / CIP No. 50731, for an increase of $4,047.78
9) No. PW101408-13 – Change Order No. 2 for 43rd Court Water Main Reconstruction, to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc., Project No. ST06-1529 / CIP No. 50606, for an increase of $32,679.72
10) No. PW101408-14 – Change Order No. 2 for East Highway 44 Utilities Reconstruction Project, to Heavy Constructors, Inc., Project No. SSW05-1469 / CIP No. 50479, for an increase of $2,216.26
11) No. PW101408-16 – Change Order No. 1 for Saint Andrew Street Reconstruction, to Shovelhead Excavating, Inc., Project No. ST07-1604 / CIP No. 50410, for an increase of $15,642.00
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
12) No. PW101408-07 – Purchase of one new Automated Solid Waste Collection Truck, Estimated Cost: $250,000.00
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) No. PW101408-18 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign addendum #1 to the agreement for professional services with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc., for wetland mitigation monitoring, for the East Mall Drive Connection, Project No. ST06-1334b / CIP No. 50521, in the amount of $14,500
14) No. PW101408-03 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Professional Services Amendment One with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc., for Well #12 and Stoney Creek Booster Station, Project No. W03-953 / CIP No. 50318, in the amount not to exceed $25,337.50
15) No. PW101408-04 – Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc., for Universal Drive Reconstruction, Project No. ST08-1701, in the amount of $14,790.00
16) No. PW101408-05 - Request authorization to seek proposals for design and construction administration services for the Main Fire Station #1, located at 10 Main Street, Project No. FD08-1766
17) No. PW101408-06 – Request authorization to negotiate a consultant agreement with Baffuto Architectura for the Design and Construction Administration of Fire Station #7, Project No. FD08-1767
18) No. PW101408-08 – Approve a resolution fixing time and place for hearing on the assessment roll for Sidewalks Improvements, Project No. SWK08-1695, for November 17, 2008
19) No. PW101408-15 – Request authorization to seek proposals for engineering services for the West Chicago Area Watermain Reconstruction, Project W08-1763 CIP #50282
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
20) No. PW101408-17 – Authorize formal acceptance of a warranty deed to land on the south 464.64 feet of the SE1/4NW1/4NE1/4 of Section 21, the south 464.64 feet of the NE1/4NE1/4, less Lot H1 of Section 21 and the SE1/4NE1/4 of Section 21, all located in T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of the intersection of County Road and Elk Vale Road a distance of approximately 850 feet on the east side of Elk Vale Road
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
21) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E – A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road.
22) No. 08RD003 - Section 7, T1N, R8E – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution for Road Name Change from South Highway 79 Service Road to Bridge View Drive on Right-of Way lying adjacent to Lot 12 Less Lot H-1, Lot 11 Less Lot H1, Lot 10 Less Lot H1, Lot 9 Less, Lot H-1, Lot 8 Less Lot H1, Lot 7 Less Lot H1, Lot 6 Less Lot H1, Lot 5 Less Lot H1, Lot 4 Less Lot H1, Lot 3 Less Lot H1, Lot 1 Less Lot H1; Lot 2 Less Lot H1 all of Block 1; Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 3a of Lot 3, Lot 3b of Lot 3 Less Lot H1, Lot 4R Less Lot H1 all of Polar Bear Subdivision; and the West 650 feet of East 700 feet of the South 372.5 feet of NE¼ SE¼, Section 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located adjacent to South S.D. Highway 79 and East St. Joseph Street and east of Wilma Street.
23) No. 08TP027 – Draft 2009 Unified Planning Work Program for the Rapid City Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
24) No. 08TP028 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a No Cost, Time Extension with Kadrmas Lee & Jackson to March 31, 2009 for the Mount Rushmore Road Central Corridor Analysis
25) No. 08TP029 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a No Cost, Time Extension with HDR Engineering, Inc. to December 31, 2008 for the Sheridan Lake Road, Jackson Boulevard to Deadwood Avenue Traffic Analysis and Route Alignment Study
26) No. 08TP030 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a No Cost, Time Extension with SRF Consulting Group, Inc. to December 31, 2008 for the 2009 – 2013 Transit Development Plan