ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, May 13, 2008; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of April 29, 2008
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Development Design Exception
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Paid consultants recommendations and deviation of those recommendations without Council knowledge or approval - Alderman Johnson (Continued from the April 29, 2008 Public Works Committee meeting)
3) Civic Center addition sponsorship bidding - Alderman Hurlbut (Continued from the April 29, 2008, Public Works Committee meeting)
4) YMCA parking addition - Alderman Hurlbut (Continued from the April 29, 2008, Public Works Committee meeting)
5) Canyon Lake dam funding - Alderman Kooiker (Continued from the April 29, 2008, Public Works Committee meeting)
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S ITEMS
6) CC050508-02.7 - Portable Chemical Toilet Facilities for Various Departments (opened April 29, 2008 - referred from City Council 5/5/08.)
7) CC050508-02.1 - Roosevelt Park Improvements, Phase 3, Project No. PR07-1680 (rebid opened April 29, 2008 - referred from City Council 5/5/08.)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) No. PW051308-01 - Change Order No. 5 for Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Multipurpose Addition, Bid Package 2, to Sampson Construction, IDP06-1555, for an increase of $84,871.00.
9) No. PW051308-02 - Change Order No. 1F for Block 16 Flormann Addition Area Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS07-1682 / CIP No. 50701 to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for a decrease of $32,600.59.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
10) No. PW051308-03 - Steele Avenue and E. Main Street Sidewalk - Estimated Cost of Project: 50,000.00
11) No. PW051308-04 - Asphalt paving repair at Material Recovery Facility/Compost Plant - Estimated Cost of Project: $100,000.00
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) No. PW051308-05 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. to perform professional services in connection with City Project No. PW08-1715, CIP #50722, Utility Rate Study. Contract Amount: $166,333.00
13) No. PW051308-06 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for engineering services for the Anamosa Street Reconstruction including the Final Design of Water and Sewer mains (Non STP eligible) in this segment based on Preliminary Report and Design from CIP #50518-1471. Contract Amount: $28,290.00
14) No. PW051308-07 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and FMG, Inc. for engineering services for the Anamosa Street Construction including the Final Design of this segment for reconstruction of curb, & gutter, street surface, drainage system, street lights, and signals, etc. based on Preliminary Report and Design from CIP#50518-1471. Contract Amount: $89,434.77
15) No. PW051308-08 - Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering for engineering services for design and bidding services of the Universal Drive Reconstruction, project #ST08-1701, CIP #50398. Contract Amount: $62,340.00
16) No. PW051308-09 - Request authorization to seek proposals for engineering services for Dover Drainage Improvements, Project DR05-1452 CIP #50025
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) No. 07VE002 - Section 23, T1N, R7E
A request by Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Schriner Investments, LLC to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on a portion of the 66 foot wide access and utility easement located in the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 and the SE1/4 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 all located in Section 23, T1N, R7E, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of Enchantment Road and west of the eastern terminus of Stumer Road. Continued from the April 15, 2007 Public Works meeting
18) No. 08VE006 - Stoney Creek South Subdivision
A request by Ferber Engineering for ARC International, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a major drainage easement on Lot 4 of Block 1 of Stoney Creek South Subdivision, SW1/4 SW1/4, Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of the intersection of Sheridan Lake Road and Catron Boulevard.
19) No. 08VE011 - Fort Hayes Subdivision
A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Herman Jones to consider an application for a Vacation of Access and Utility Easement on Lot 1 of Fort Hayes Subdivision and Lot 4 Revised of Lot 4 located in the NE1/4 SE1/4, Section 34, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2255 and 2505 Fort Hayes Drive.
20) No. PW051308-10 - Request to authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a Temporary Construction Easement for Kieffer Family Dental, 5808 Sheridan Lake Road, 08PD019, Grading Permit 08-119 PIN 3722351002
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION