ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. PW111505-01 - Renewal of tree agreement with Plum Creek 5-year renewal – Ray Elliot
2) No. PW111501-02 - Request by Jim Peterson with Rapid Canyon Sanitary District to annex in 35 acres. (Continued from the
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
4) Copperfield Utility Rates – Alderman Kooiker. (Continued from the October 11, and
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
5) No. PW111505-03 - Permission from Council to request tax deed property 05-081 and 05-084 to be transferred from the County to the City to be designated as a drainage easement
6) No. PW111505-04 - Farrar Real Estate LLC request for City cost sharing for proposed City water system expansion for the proposed, "North Deadwood High High Level" water service zone to provide service for the
7) No. PW111505-05 -
8) No. PW111505-06 - Confirmation and Acceptance of
9) Update on infiltration/inflow (Continued from the
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
10) No. PW111505-07 - Change Order #1F for
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) No. PW111505-08 - 2006 Service Contract between IntelliSys Maintenance Management and the City of
12) Request permission to purchase from State Contract # 14664 with Beck Motors of Pierre, SD two ( 2 ) 1/2 ton, 4x4 extended cab short box pickup truck for an amount of $20,652.00 each or $41,304.00 total (replacements using budgeted funds)
13) Request permission to purchase from State Contract #14667 with Lamb Chevrolet of
14) No. PW111505-09 - Approve a Resolution of Necessity setting time and place for hearing on December 19, 2005 for Block 3 & 4 Rushmore Street Paving (Schamber Addition); Project No. ST06-1533
15) No. PW111505-10 - Approve a Resolution fixing time and place for hearing on
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
16) No. PW111505-11 - Request permission to solicit bids for six (6) 2006 transit vehicles (2006 budgeted item)
17) No. PW111505-12 - Request permission to solicit bids for two (2) 2006 paratransit vehicles (2006 budgeted item)
18) No. PW111505-13 – (No Attachment) Request approval to submit grant application to Federal Transit Administration (FTA) for CY 2006 Operating and Capital funds for Rapid Transit System
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
19) No. PW110105-22 Approve a request of capital expenditure for Litter Control Plan for Solid Waste Division (Referred from the
20) No. PW092705-05 Approve the proposed Litter Control Plan for the Solid Waste Division (Referred from the
21) Discussion and recommendations regarding uncovered loads and possible solutions for violations. (Continued from the
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
22) No. 05RD006 - MJK Subdivision - A request by Hagen Glass to consider an application for a Resolution renaming Heartland Drive from East Minnesota Street to Catron Boulvard to Triple Crown Drive on located adjacent to Parcel A, Lot 1 and 2, Parcel A, MJK Subdivision, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on Heartland Drive from East Minnesota Street to Catron Boulvard.
23) No. 05SE010 - Skyview North Subdivision - A request by Wyss Associates, Inc. to consider an application for a Special Exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual to allow curbside sidewalks along Lots 9, 10 and 11 of Block 2, Skyview North Subdivision in lieu of property line sidewalks on a parcel of land legally described as Lots 9, 10 and 11, Block 2, Skyview North Subdivision, located in the E1/2, SE1/4, Section 10, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2027, 2049 and 2063 Harney Drive.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION