ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. PW071205-01 - Tom Farrar,
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Minnesota Street Soccer fields – parking lot access additional curb cut update. (Continued from the
3) Turning lane for Arrowhead Country Club and Sandstone Ridge – Alderman French (Continued from the
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
5) No. PW021505-01 - (No attachment) Traffic Signal at
6) No. PW053105-04 - Drainage area located at the southeast quadrant of I190 and I90 (Continued from the
7) Parking on the east side of
8) No. PW071205-02 - Matching funds for West Dakota Water Development District grant project
9) Parkview Softball Complex landscaping and irrigation (Continued from the
10) No. PW042605-02 - Owen Hibbard Subdivision staff recommendation (Continued from the May 31, June 14, and
11) Approve bid award of
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
12) No. PW071205-03 - Fairgrounds East Drainage Improvements to install two 48” pipes under
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) No. PW071205-04 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson for Preliminary Engineering, Environmental Review and Project Design for East Anamosa Street Extension Project No. ST04-1397; CIP #50316 for an amount not to exceed $259,776.12
14) No. PW071205-05 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of
15) No. PW071205-06 - Amendment No. 2 to the professional services agreement between Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. and the City of
16) No. PW071205-07 - Set time and place for hearing for a Resolution of Necessity for
17) No. PW071205-08 - Approve a Resolution to repair sidewalks throughout the city. Sidewalk Improvement Project SWK05-1478 for an estimated cost of $1,800.00 to be assessed to the affected property owners
18) No. PW071205-09 - Approve Assessment Roll for Block 13 Alley Paving (West Boulevard Addition) Project No. ST04-1420
19) No. PW071205-10 - Approve A Resolution Establishing Matching Funds for Replacing Privately-Owned Common Sewer and Water Service Lines With City Mains
20) Report on informal quotes for design of sanitary sewer in the
21) Report on
22) No. PW071205-11 - Report on infiltration and inflow project
23) Report on magnesium chloride and sodium chloride de-icers
24) Request authorization to apply for a Homeland Security Grant for partial funding of the Utility System Master Plan project
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
25) No. 05RD004 - Redrock Meadows Subdivision - A request by DKEA, LLC and Redrock Development Co. LLC to consider an application for a Resolution for Road Name from Muirfield Drive to Portrush Road for that portion of Muirfield Drive located in Section 28 and most eastern 83.25 foot of Muirfield Drive located in Section 29 on a portion of Muirfield Drive located in Section 28; and the most eastern 83.25 foot of Muirfield Drive located in Section 29, all located in T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on a portion of Muirfield Drive located in Section 28 and 29.
26) No. 05SE007 - Skyview North Subdivision - A request by Jul-Mar Development, Inc. to consider an application for a Exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual to allow curb side sidewalks in lieu of property line sidewalks on Lots 5, 6 and 7, Block 1, Skyview North Subdivision, SE1/4, Section 10, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southern terminus of Minnewasta Road.
27) No. 05VE007 - Auburn Hills Subdivision - A request by D. C. Scott Co. for Muth Homes, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of Non-Access Easement on Lot 1A and Lot 1B, Block 1, Auburn Hills Subdivision, located in the NE1/4 SW1/4, Section 13, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, legally described as Lot 1, Block 1, Auburn Hills Subdivision, located in the NE1/4 SW1/4, Section 13, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 730 Auburn Drive.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION