ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 9, 2004, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
Minutes of October
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
PW102604-02 - Request variance to waive sidewalk requirement as per City
2) Water and Sewer Fee Review – Alderman Kooiker and Alderman Hadley
Request to leave curb, gutter and sidewalk as
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
Park land dedication and subdivision regulations, Alderman Kooiker (Continued
5) Options Relating to Garbage Rates (Referred from the October 27, 2004 Legal and Finance Committee Meeting)
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
No. PW110904-01 - Change Order
No. 1F to Star of the West Parking Lot Project No.
to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for a decrease of $4,698.01
8) No. PW110904-02 - Change Order No. 3F to Whitehead Ballfields Improvements Restroom and Picnic Shelter Project No. PR04-1332 to Tru-Form Construction, Inc. for a decrease of $120.00
PW110904-03 - Change Order No. 1F to
10) No. PW110904-04 - Change Order No. 2 to SE Connector Water & Sewer Reconstruction Project No. SSW02-1137 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for a decrease of $20,623.50
PW110904-05- Change Order No.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
- Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Covenant Agreement between Jim
Parker and the City of
13) No. PW110904-07 - Set time and place for hearing on Resolution of Necessity for Block 13 Alley Paving (West Boulevard Addition) Project No. ST04-1420.
PW110904-08 - Staff requests permission to revise handicap access ramp
details to include detectable warning panels as required by
Authorize Fire Chief to Work with Western Dakota
Technical Institute to Prepare a Formal Proposal to Bring Forward to the Council
Regarding Use of a Southern Portion of the
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
- Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign 2005-2007 Management Contract
between Black Hills Council of Local Governments and the City of
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
No. PW110904-10 - Request
Consideration by the South Dakota Army National Guard to lease an additional 8.6
acres of City property positioned north of the
18) No. PW110904-11 - Authorize staff to advertise for bids for one current year model Vacuum Trailer for the removal of soil during repairs when excavating around underground utilities that are in the same trench as the water or sewer mains.
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
No. 04FV012 - South Robbinsdale Subdivision – a request by Dennis Rogers to
consider an application for a Fence Height
Exception to allow a seven foot six inch fence in a Low Density Residential
District on Lot 13, Block 16, South
Robbinsdale Subdivision, Section 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington
County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 801
East Indiana Street. (Continued
20) No. 04VE021 - Meadows Subdivision - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. for Scott Nash to consider an application for a Vacation of Drainage Easement on Lot 2 thru 7, Block 9, Meadows Subdivision, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located along Field View Drive at the intersections of Arlington Drive and Montage Drive.
21) 04TP021 - Approval of the Draft 2005 Unified Planning Work Program
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION