ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
FOR THE LEGAL & FINANCE COMMITTEE
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
12:30 P.M., December 28, 2011
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
APPROVE MINUTES for December 14, 2011
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 - 16
opened - Items 1 - 16
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the "Consent Items" and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) No. LF122811-01 - Approve Travel Request for Cameron Humphres, Pete Girtz, and Lisa Modrick (Board Member) to Attend Annual AAAE Conference & Expo in Phoenix, AZ, April 29 through May 2, 2012, in the Approximate Amount of $8,060.05
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) No. LF122811-02 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for December 2011
3) No. LF122811-03 - Acknowledge Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for December 2011
4) No. LF122811-04 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Combined Election Agreement with Pennington County for the 2012 Municipal Election to be Held on June 5, 2012
5) No. LF122811-05 - Resolution No. 2011-169 Writing Off Uncollectable Utility Billing Accounts
6) No. LF122811-06 - Resolution No. 2011-170 Writing Off Credit Balance Water Billing Accounts
7) No. LF122811-07 - Resolution No. 2011-171 Designating Official Depositories
8) No. LF122811-08 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Grant Agreement with the John T. Vucurevich Foundation Accepting the Amount of $95,000 for Operating Support for the Retired Senior Volunteer Program
9) No. LF122811-09 - Approve Changes to the Bleacher Rental Agreement
10) No. LF122811-10 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Administrative Services Agreement Amendment No. 8 with Berkley Risk Administrators Company, LLC
11) No. LF122811-11 - Resolution No. 2011-173 to Reimburse Contributing Members and the City's General Fund from the City of Rapid City Healthcare Plan
12) No. LF122811-20 – Approve City Property and Casualty Insurance Renewal
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
13) No. LF122811-12 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Western Resources for dis-ABLED Independence
14) No. LF122811-13 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from American Heart Association, Inc.
15) No. LF122811-14 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Working Against Violence, Inc.
16) No. LF122811-21 – Acknowledge Raffle Request from Western South Dakota Senior Services, Inc.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS - Items 17 - 25
Public Comment opened
- Items 17 - 25
Public Comment closed
NON-CONSENT ITEMS will be listed under the submitting department. These are non-routine items that require discussion and direction from the Committee. Items from the Mayor and Council will always be placed under Discussion Items.
17) No. LF122811-15 - Resolution No. 2011-156B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
18) No. LF121411-04 - Approve Community Investment (Subsidy) Recommendations from the Allied Arts - $95,000 (referred from the December 19, 2011, City Council meeting)
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
19) No. LF121411-20 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Memorandum of Understanding with AFSCME Local 1031, Council 59 (continued from the December 14, 2011, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
20) No. LF122811-16 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5781 to Change the Assistant City Attorney Position from an Appointive Position to an Employee Position by Amending Section 2.16.030 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
21) No. LF122811-17 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5782 to Change the Assistant Finance Officer Position from an Appointive Position to an Employee Position by Amending Section 2.40.150 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
22) No. LF122811-18 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5783 to Change the City Engineer Position from an Appointive Position to an Employee Position by Amending Section 2.44.070 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
23) No. LF122811-19 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5787 to Correct the Appointment Process of Officers by Amending Section 2.04.010 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
24) No. LF121411-18 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5777 to Prohibit Vehicle Operators from Parking Next to Curbs Painted Yellow by Amending Section 10.40.020 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
25) No. LF121411-19 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5778 to Add a Time for Removal of Mountain Pine Beetle Infested Trees by Adding Section 12.40.105 to the Rapid City Municipal Code