ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of March 16, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. LF033011-12 - Request by Ronald Grueschow to Forgive Ten Year Mortgage and Lien in Advance for Short Sale of Property
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
LF033011-01 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly
Update for March, 2011
3) No. LF033011-02 - Acknowledge Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for March, 2011
4) No. LF033011-03 - Approve the 2010 Carry Forward Funds for Streets, Drainage, MIP, Government Buildings, Parks, Affordable Housing and Information Technology
5) No. LF033011-04 - Approve Funding for the 2011-2012 CSAC Maintenance Items in the Amount of $36,420.00 from the CIP Contingency Fund
6) No. LF033011-05 - Approve Match Funding for the 2011 Storybook Island Sidewalk Improvements Project in the Amount of $15,000.00 from the CIP Contingency Fund
7) No. LF033011-06 - Authorize Staff to Accept Homeland Security Grant in the Approximate Amount of $105,000
8) No. LF033011-07 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Claim Service Agreement Amendments with Travelers Insurance Company
9) No. LF033011-08 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement for Services with Bradeen Real Estate and Auctions, Inc.
10) No. LF033011-09 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement for Professional Services for the City of Rapid City and the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center by and between the City of Rapid City and the Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce
11) No. LF033011-10 - Resolution No. 2011-035 Declaring Property Surplus
12) No. LF033011-11 - Approve Expansion of the Use of CDBG Funds for Pennington County Health and Human Services
PARKS AND RECREATION
13) No. LF033011-13 - Authorize Staff to Apply for Recreational Trails Program Grant in the Amount of $50,000 for Leonard Swanson Memorial Pathway Upgrades
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
14) No. LF031611-10 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5716 Allowing Fence Height Exceptions in Second Front Yards by Amending Certain Sections of Chapter 15.40 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
15) No. LF033011-14 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Lease Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity
16) No. LF033011-15 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Lease Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Rapid City Arts Council, Inc.
17) No. LF033011-16 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce