ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
LEGAL FINANCE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of March 11, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. LF040109-29 - Midland Altantic - Request for Revisions to Contract for Private Development with MAP Rushmore, LLC to allow Certification of Costs in Two Phases as per the Project Plan
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
2) No. LF040109-01 - Confirm Appointment of Gwendolyn Chambers, Christopher Eakins, Phyllis Okrepkie, Kristine Reed, and Kenneth Varns to the Humane Society
3) Confirm Appointment of the Following to the Human Relations Commission: Jeremiah (Jay) Davis, Lin Jennewein and Melbert (Mel) Prairie Chicken (Three Year Terms); Dennis Edwards and Wayne Gilbert (Two Year Terms); and Barry Hjort and Susan Timmons (One Year Term)
4) Confirm Appointment to the Airport
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
5) No. LF040109-02 - Recommendation on Council Members Serving on Boards within the City of Rapid City (continued from the March 11, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
6) No. LF040109-03 - Resolution No. 2009-044 Regarding Anti-Discrimination (referred from the March 16, 2009, City Council meeting)
7) No. LF040109-04 - Report from Staff on Ordinance 5481 regarding Water Bill Rebates (referred from the March 16, 2009, City Council meeting)
8) Sam Kooiker - Review of Senate
Bill 121 and Direct City Attorney to Prepare Ordinance for July 1, 2009, Legal
and Finance Committee Meeting
9) No. LF040109-05 - Approve Event Permit for Black Hills Overdrive for Car Show on June 13, 2009, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
10) No. LF040109-06 - Approve Event Permit for 2009 Cruiser Night on June 13, 2009, Commencing at 6:00 p.m.
LF040109-07 - Approve Event Permit for Kirk Funeral Home for Free Parking
from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. one Friday in July, December 4th, and December
11th for Free Senior Movie at the Elks
12) No. LF040109-08 - Approve Event Permit for Alex Johnson for Free Motorcycle Parking in Front of the Hotel on the Nights of June 14 and 15, 2009
LF040109-09 - Approve Event Permit for Fat Tire Festival to Hold Bicycle
Race and Festival May 24, 2009, on 6th Street, 7th Street, Main Street, St.
Joseph Street, and Kansas City Street Commencing at 10:00 a.m.
14) No. LF040109-10 - Authorize Staff to Apply for Community Oriented Policing Services Grant
09TP005 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the 2009 Unified
Planning Work Program Amendment 2009-01.
16) No. 09TP006 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the Amendment Number 1 to Agreement Number 810918 between the City of Rapid City and the South Dakota Department of Transportation for Accomplishing the Rapid City Area Transportation Planning Process
17) No. 09OA001 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5502 Amending the Procedures for Authorization of Conditional Use Permits by Amending Section 17.54.030.A.1 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
18) No. LF040109-30 - Request Authorization for the Growth Management Director to Sign the 2009-2010 Certified Local Government Grant Application in the Amount of $10,500
19) No. LF040109-31 - Hillsview Mobile Home Park License Application
20) Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Workmen's Compensation Purposes: James McCoy, Danny Scolaro, Jacqueline Klatte-Rolfe and Barbara Garcia
21) No. LF040109-11 - Resolution No. 2009-041 Increasing Change Fund
22) No. LF040109-12 - Resolution No. 2009-043 Declaring Property Surplus
23) No. LF040109-13 - Acknowledge 2007 Annual Audit
LF040109-14 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5499 Regarding
Supplemental Appropriation No. 3 for 2009
25) No. LF040109-15 - Authorize Payment to New World Systems for Public Safety Software Modules
26) No. LF040109-16 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Support Letter for a State Department of Corrections Application for the State and Local Reentry Demonstration Projects Grant Offered Under the Second Chance Act
LF040109-17 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Amended
(see highlighted section) Local Governing Body Approval Letter requested by
South Dakota Housing for Eagle Ridge Properties LLC for the Construction of
60 Homes for Low-Income Families
PUBLIC WORK'S DEPARTMENT
LF040109-18 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement
with the State of South Dakota for Annual Operating Funds for Rapid Transit
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
29) No. LF040109-19 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Park Concession Agreement with Derby Advertising, Inc. dba Canyon Lake Resort for Rental of Paddleboats at Canyon Lake Park
30) No. LF040109-20 - Adoption of Waterfowl Management Plan
31) Request Necessary Waterfowl Reduction Permits from US Fish & Wildlife Service
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
32) No. LF040109-21 - Resolution (No. 2009-045) of Intent to Lease 80 Acres on North Elk Vale Road to Matt Kammerer for the Purposes of a Haying Operation Only Pursuant to SDCL 9-12-5.2
33) No. LF031109-16 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5489 Repealing Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Wards and Precincts and Adopting a New Revised Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
34) No. LF040109-22 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5498 to Revise the Terms and Conditions for City Participation in the Cost of Bringing Private Nonconforming Water and Sewer Service Lines up to Current Standards by Amending Sections 13.06.010 and 13.06.020 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
35) No. LF040109-23 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5500 to Modify the Structure of the Department of Parks and Recreation by Revising Chapter 2.89 of the Rapid City Municipal Code and Repealing Chapters 2.86 and 2.90
36) No. LF040109-24 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5501 to Prohibit the Feeding of Wildlife and Waterfowl in the City of Rapid City by Establishing Chapter 6.16 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
37) No. LF040109-25 - Approve Request from Kenneth Krzyzanowski, d/b/a Mr. Rags Ice Cream, for a 2009 Ice Cream Vending License
38) No. LF040109-26 - Approve Request from Keith G. Storm, d/b/a Pied Piper Ice Cream, for a 2009 Ice Cream Vending License
39) No. LF040109-27 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Harney League Sports
40) No. LF040109-28 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from American Red Cross