Please remember to turn all cell
phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
Please remember to turn all cell phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Monday, February 3, 2014
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 1 - 51
Open Public Comment Items 1 - 43
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS Items 1 - 43
Remove Items from the Consent Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1. Approve Minutes for the January 21, 2014 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (February 18, 2014)
2. Black Hills Beau Jo's LLC DBA Beau Jo's Pizza, 830 Main Street for a Retail (on-off sale) wine License
3. Eaglecav, LLC DBA Sooper Dooper Liquors, 913 East St Patrick Street for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from DakotaMart, Inc. DBA Sooper Dooper Liquors, 913 East St Patrick St
4. Museum of the American Bison for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for February 27, 2014 at the Museum of the American Bison, 607 St Joseph St
5. Joaquin Martinez Martinez DBA El Mariachi, 1012 E North Street, Suite A for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
6. Joaquin Martinez Martinez DBA El Mariachi, 1012 E North Street, Suite A for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage License
Public Works Committee Consent Items
7. No. PW012814-02 Confirm the Appointments of Jody Speck (Alternate 1) and Doug Jones (Alternate 2) to the Historic Preservation Commission.
9. No. PW012814-04 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for Construction Phase A of the Water Reclamation Facility Trickling Filter and Effluent Solids Reduction Improvements, Project No. 13-2123 / CIP No. 50970, in the amount of $273,570.00.
10. No. PW012814-05 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Right of Way Agreement for a Permanent Utility Easement for the Mount Rushmore Road Reconstruction Project.
11. No. PW012814-06 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Amendment No. 3 to Agreement between the City of Rapid City and HDR Engineering, Inc. for Minnewasta Water Main Reconstruction and Street Rehabilitation, Project No. 12-2060 / CIP No. 50383, in the amount of $9,220.00.
12. No. PW012814-09 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and CETEC Engineering Services Inc. for Mount Rushmore Road Utilities Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2051 / CIP No. 50867, in the amount of $157,063.00.
14. No. PW012814-14 Acknowledge Applicant's Request to Withdraw Appeal of Denial of Request for an Exception from Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers, Inc. to Allow an Alley to be Used as the Primary Means of Access for a Proposed Subdivision to be located 925 Dilger Avenue - Block 76 of North Rapid Addition #2, Section 36, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota 925 Dilger Avenue (former Garfield School property).
15. No. PW011414-15 Acknowledge Report-Downtown Parking Ramp Request Recommendations
16. No. PW012814-16 Acknowledge Report-Update on Solid Waste Facility Citizen Campus
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
17. No. LF012914-01 Confirm Appointment of Jason Reuter to Performing Arts Board
18. No. LF012914-03 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly Update for January 2014
19. No. LF012914-04 - Approve Capital Plan for Street, Drainage and MIP Projects for January 2014
20. No. LF012914-05 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Fire & Emergency Services for January 2014
21. No. LF012914-06 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings - Parks & Recreation for January 2014
22. No. LF012914-07 - Approve Capital Plan for Parks & Recreation for January 2014
23. No. LF012914-08 - Approve Capital Plan for Government Buildings CSAC for January 2014
24. No. LF012914-09 - Approve Capital Plan for Information Technology for January 2014
25. No. LF012914-10 Approve Event Permit for Black Hills Symphony Orchestra Young Artist Competition on February 22, 2014
26. No. LF012914-11 Authorize Mayor and Chief of Police to Sign the 2013 Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement
27. No. LF012914-12 Ratify the Rapid City Police Department's Acceptance of a 2014 Highway Safety Grant
28. No. LF012914-13 Authorize the Chief of Police to Sign Purchase All Necessary Documents to Purchase Seven Flashback 3 Digital Video Systems from L3 Mobile-Vision, Inc.
29. No. LF012914-14 Authorize Staff to Accept 2013 Department of Homeland Security Grant in the Amount of $67,512 and Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the Reimbursement Terms and Conditions Agreement
30. No. LF012914-15 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Rapid City Precinct Map
31. No. LF012914-17 Resolution No. 2014-013A Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
32. No. LF012914-18 - Resolution No. 2014-016 Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus
33. No. LF012914-19 - Approve Request for Property Tax Abatement as Follows: William C Snyder, 2013, $1,738.11; Richard G Watkins, 2013, $1,441.00; Patty Crawford Degan, 2013, $488.99; Corey L Begeman, 2013, $950.00
34. No. 08TI006 - Resolution to Dissolve Tax Increment District No. 41
35. No. LF012914-20 Acknowledge Report Regarding Professional Service Contracts Entered into in the Last Quarter of 2013 Under $25,000
36. No. LF012914-21 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Rapid City and the Rapid City Chamber of Commerce
37. No. LF012914-22 Resolution No. 2014-014 of Support for the Rapid City Good Samaritan Low Income Housing Project
38. No. LF012914-23 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Assignment of Proceeds of Real Estate Purchase Agreement by Dakota Heartland, Inc. to the City of Rapid City
39. No. LF012914-24 Award the RFP for publishing to the Rapid City Journal based on circulation and publication frequency.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items (NONE)
Continued Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
40. No. CC020314-02.1 Approve award of Total Bid for Wisconsin Ave, Nathan Ct, Stearns Ct, Parkview Dr & East Elk St Street & Utility Reconstruction Project No. 12-2063 / CIP No. 50421.3-3 opened on January 28, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Hills Materials Company, in the amount of $1,153,829.98.
41. No. CC020314-02.2 Approve award of Total Bid for 2014 Lane Line Painting Project No. 14-2166 / CIP No. 50594 opened on January 28, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Dakota Barricades, LLC, in the amount of $95,900.
42. No. CC020314-02.3 Approve award of Total Bid for Water Reclamation Facility Algae Control Improvements Project No. 14-2158 / CIP No. 50971 opened on January 28, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, MAC Construction Company, Inc., in the amount of $314,240.00.
43. No. CC020314-02.4 Approve award of Total Bid for Pedestrian Countdown Signals, CIP No. 51006, opened on January 28, 2014, to the lowest responsible bidder, Excellence Opto Inc., in the amount of $30,450.00.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS Items 44 - 51
Open Public Comment Items 44 - 51
Close Public Comment
44. No. LF011514-13 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 5978, Supplemental Appropriation No. 1 for 2014.
45. No. LF011514-14 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 5979, An Ordinance to Codify the Method for Calculating the General Fund Cash Reserve Balance by Amending Section 2.40.140 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items
46. No. LF012914-02 Confirm Appointment of Kevin Lewis to the RSVP Advisory Council.
47. No. LF012914-25 Appointment of Bill Kessloff to the Compass Committee.
Public Works Committee Items
49. No. PW012814-10 Approve Resolution 2014-015 a Construction Fee Resolution for Prairie Meadows Subdivision, Water Main Oversizing Project DEV12-1130.
Compass Committee Items
CIP Committee Items
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications
Council Items & Liaison Reports
50. No. CC020314-04.1 President's Plaza Report Alderperson Jerry Wright
Motion for Delivery of Items from Committee
51. No. CC020314-04.2 - DHS/FEMA Funding for the City of Rapid City
Planning Commission Appeals
Other Appeals Heard by the Council
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Items 52 - 58
Open Public Hearing - Items 52 - 58 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing - Items 52 - 58
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 52 - 58
Remove Items from the Consent Public Hearing Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
52. Sumo Corp DBA Sumo, 214 E St Joseph St for a Retail (on-off sale) Wine License
53. Sumo Corp DBA Sumo, 214 E St Joseph St for a Retail (on-off sale) Malt Beverage License
54. MG Oil Company DBA Corner Pantry, 2130 LaCrosse St for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Debra Erickson DBA Corner Pantry, 2130 LaCrosse St
55. Pennington County Democratic Party for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for February 21, 2014 at Prairie Edge, 606 Main Street
56. Rapid City Library Foundation for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine License for an Event Scheduled for February 4, 2014 and March 4, 2014 at Rapid City Public Library, 610 Quincy Street
57. Performing Arts Center of Rapid City for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for Events Scheduled for February 14-15, 2014; February 21-23, 2014; March 1, 2014; March 21-23, 2014; March 26-30, 2014; April 12, 2014; May 9-11, 2014; and May 14-18, 2014 at the Performing Arts Center, 601 Columbus Street
58. No. LF012914-16 Resolution No. 2014-001B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS (NONE)
59. No. CC020314-01 Bill List for February 3, 2014