ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 30, 2012; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 27
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 27
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW103012-01 – Approve Minutes of October 9, 2012.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW103012-02 – Confirm Appointment of Cathy Anderson to the Standing Committee on Sustainability.
3) PW103012-23 – Confirm Appointments of Charity Doyle, Joel Landeen and Jerry Wright from the Freeholders Panel to assist in assessing value to surplus alfalfa and hay bales.
4) PW103012-26 – Confirm Appointment of Erik Braun to the Planning Commission.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
5) CC101512-02.1 – 2011 Storm Damage Recovery Project Schedule C, Project No. 12-2016C/CIP No. 50903. (Opened on October 9, 2012)
Approve Change Order
6) PW103012-03 – Change Order #1F to J&J Asphalt Company for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Falcon Drive and Lawrence Court, Project No. 12-1988 / CIP No. 50844, for a decrease of $12,816.09.
7) PW103012-04 – Change Order #3F to Heavy Constructors for the Cambell Street Reinforced Box Culvert project, Project No. DR10-1909 / CIP No. 50020, for a decrease of $8,576.25.
8) PW103012-05 – Change Order #1F to Muth Electric Inc. for the 5th Street and Texas Street Traffic Signal, Project No. 12-1996 / CIP No. 50897, for a decrease of $505.00.
9) PW103012-06 – Change Order #2F for Hills Materials Company for Pavement Rehabilitation Project - City Springs and Meadowwood Area, Project No. 12-1984 / CIP No. 50549, for an increase of $11,178.75.
10) PW103012-07 – Change Order #6F for RCS Construction for the Canyon Lake Drive Reconstruction Project, Project No. WTP10-878 / CIP No. 50004, for a decrease of $303,654.15.
11) PW103012-08 – Change Order #2 for RCS Construction for the Northridge Water Booster Station, Project No. W10-1898 / CIP No. 50834, for an increase of $8,070.00.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
12) PW103012-09 – Street Light Maintenance Contract. Estimated Cost: $50,000.00.
13) PW103012-10 – Automated Containers – Solid Waste Division. Estimated Cost: $100,000.00.
14) PW103012-11 – West Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. 11-1961 / CIP No. 50794. Estimated Cost: $675,000.00.
15) PW103012-12 – 6th and 7th Street Overlay from Kansas City Street to Columbus Street, Project No. 12-2064 / CIP No. 50844. Estimated Cost: $150,000.00.
16) PW103012-13 – Dyess Avenue Drainage and Channel Improvements, Project No. 12-2032 / CIP No. 50934. Estimated Cost: $2,000,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
17) PW103012-14 – Joint Powers Agreement with South Dakota Department of Transportation for Snowplowing Activities.
18) PW103012-15 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Stanley Consultants Inc. for the Canyon Lake Dam Reconstruction Vision 2012 Phase 4 project, Project No. DR08-1743 / CIP No. 50739, for $15,000.00.
19) PW103012-16 – Waiver of Right to Protest a future assessment for the installation of sidewalk along Creek Drive as it abuts Lot 2 and Lot 7 of Block 2, South Creek Industrial Park, Section 8, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota.
20) PW103012-17 – Waiver of Right to Protest a future assessment for the installation of sidewalk along East North Street and North Creek Drive as they abut Lots 1 and 2 of Carefree Subdivision in the City of Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, as shown on the plat filed in Plat Book 29, Page 143; excepting therefrom Lot H1 of said Lot 2, as shown on the plat filed in highway Plat Book 11, Page 182; and excepting therefrom Lot H1 of said Lot 1, as shown on the plat filed in Highway Plat Book 11, Page 183.
21) PW103012-18 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and 42nd Street Design Studio LLC for Construction Professional Services for Memorial Park and Civic Center Irrigation Improvements, Project 12-2002 / CIP No. 50896, for $15,910.00.
22) PW103012-19 – Approve with Staff Stipulations a Request from Dream Design International, Inc. to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at 3660 Dyess Avenue - SW1/4 of the NW1/4 Less the south 423’ of the SW1/4 of the NW1/4, and the West 446.65’ of the SE1/4 of the NW1/4, Section 21, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
23) PW103012-20 – Approve with Staff Stipulations a Request from Boom Construction, Inc. to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at 5140 Pine Tree Drive – Lot 6 of Block 1 in Vista Hills Subdivision #2, Section 21, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
24) PW103012-21 – Approve with Staff Stipulations a Request from Boom Construction, Inc. to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at 5160 Pine Tree Drive – Lot 7 of Block 1 in Vista Hills Subdivision #2, Section 21, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
25) PW103012-22 – Approve Request to Negotiate Professional Consultant Services with FourFront Design Inc. for the Rapid City Soccer/Sports Complex.
26) PW103012-24 – Request authorization to Seek Proposals for Robbinsdale Area Utility and Street Reconstruction Project No. 12-2063: Nevada Dr. and Maple Ave. CIP No. 50421.3-2; Wisconsin Ave., Nathan Ct. and Stearns Ct. CIP No. 50421.3-3; and Nevada Dr. and Grandview Dr. CIP No. 50421.3-4.
Rapid Transit Division
27) PW103012-25 – Request to Purchase Seven (7) ADA approved 30’ Rapid Ride Transit Vehicles. Estimated Cost: $1,737,036.00.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 28 – 33
Public Comment opened – Items 28 – 33
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
28) PW103012-27 – Request by Chrisbro, Inc. for approval of Covenant Agreement Allowing Encroachment in the Public Right of Way (alley) at 415 Main Street.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
29) PW103012-28 – Direction for Implementation of Energy Report Recommendations.
30) PW092512-21 – Notice to Property Owners to Construct or Repair Sidewalks on portions of Canyon Lake Drive between Sheridan Lake Road and Soo San Drive. (Continued portion from October 15, 2012 Council meeting)
31) PW103012-29 – Parking Solutions in Conjunction with the Mount Rushmore Road Reconstruction Project.
Solid Waste Division
32) PW103012-30 – Update on Solid Waste Division Citizen Campus Project – HDR and Solid Waste Staff.
33) PW103012-31 – Update on Landfill Gas Utilization – Solid Waste Staff.