ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 9, 2012; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 15
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 15
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW100912-01 – Approve Minutes of September 25, 2012.
Items From The Public Works Department
Approve Change Order
2) PW100912-02 – Change Order #6F to Upper Plains Contracting for Catron Boulevard Reconstruction Utility Relocation and Modification, Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50495, for a decrease of $85,997.17.
3) PW100912-03 – Change Order #1F to Simon Contractors of SD Inc. for Pavement Rehabilitation Project – Quincy Street, Project No. 12-1983 / CIP No. 50549, for a decrease of $339.61.
Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids
4) PW100912-04 – Shooting Star Well Abandonment, Project No. 12-2049 / CIP No. 50913. Estimated Cost: $10,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
5) PW100912-05 – Waiver of Right to Protest a future assessment for the installation of sidewalk along Deadwood Avenue as it abuts Lot A of Lot 1 of the NW1/4SW1/4 of Section 27, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
6) PW100912-06 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and TSP Inc. for Design and Bidding Professional Services for Minnekahta Drive Area Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. 11-1980 / CIP No. 50826, in the amount of $96,081.00.
7) PW100912-07 – Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc. for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant-Construction Phase Services, Project No. WTP10-1858/CIP No. 50789, for a cost reduction of $55,479.00.
8) PW100912-08 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and DOECK, LLC for Oversize Water Main Project Improvements.
9) PW100912-09 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Ferber Engineering Company Inc. for the Canyon Lake Drive Reconstruction Project, Project No. WTP10-878/CIP No. 50004, for $49,720.00.
10) PW100912-10 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for the Silver Street Interchange Utilities Reconstruction Project, 12-2053 / CIP No. 50940. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,400,000.00.
11) PW092512-21 – Notice to Property Owners to Construct or Repair Sidewalks on portions of Canyon Lake Drive between Dakota Drive and Soo San Drive. (Continued from the September 25, 2012, Public Works Committee Meeting)
Items From The City Attorney
12) PW100912-11 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Memorandum of Understanding with Neighborhood Housing Services of the Black Hills, Inc., dba NeighborWorks Dakota Home Resources (“NeighborWorks”), and to sign a Quitclaim Deed transferring to NeighborWorks the City-owned property located at 820 Lemmon Avenue.
Parks and Recreation Department
13) PW100912-12 – Authorize staff to Request Proposals for Pro Shop Concessionaire and/or Adult Golf Instructor at Meadowbrook Golf Course.
14) PW100912-13 – Authorize staff to Request Proposals for Meadowbrook Golf Course Food and Beverage Concessionaire.
15) PW100912-14 – Approve Resolution #2012-116 Providing for an Oversight Committee for the Utility Support Fund and SAB 28 Fund.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Item 16
Public Comment opened – Item 16
Public Comment closed
Special Items from the Public
16) PW100912-15 – Request by the South Dakota Department of Transportation to eliminate on-street parking from Mount Rushmore Road from St. Patrick Street to Kansas City Street and Update on Medians - Mark Leiferman, SDDOT.