ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 12, 2012; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
CONSENT ITEMS -- Items 1 – 24
Public Comment opened – Items 1 – 24
Public Comment closed
Remove Items from the “Consent Items” and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
1) PW061212-01 – Approve Minutes of May 29, 2012.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW061212-02 – Acknowledge Agreement with US Geological Survey for Flood Plaques.
3) PW061212-03 – Confirm Appointments to the Code Enforcement Board of Appeals.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Approve Change Order
4) PW061212-05 – Change Order #3F to Rapid Construction Co. LLC for Frontier Place Reconstruction, Project No. DR07-1679 / CIP No. 50806, for an increase of $1,293.60.
5) PW061212-06 – Change Order #1F to Hills Materials Company for Meadowbrook Maintenance Yard, Project No. 12-2026 / CIP No. 50841, for an increase of $12,765.82.
6) PW061212-07 – Change Order #3F to RCS Construction, Inc. for the WRF Primary Digester Cover Replacement Project; Project No. WRF10-1883 / CIP No. 50790; for a decrease of $15,600.00 contingent upon approval of the change order by the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
Authorize Staff To Advertise for Bids
7) PW061212-08 – Elk Vale Lift Station Upgrades, Project No. 11-1999 / CIP No. 50728. Estimated Cost: $4,010,000.00.
Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign
8) PW061212-10 – Agreement between the City of Rapid City and DTH, LLC for Oversize Water Transmission Main and Construction Observation for Oversize Project Improvements.
9) PW061212-11 – Waiver of right to protest a future assessment for the installation of sidewalk along the 100 Block of Centennial Street as it abuts Block 24A in Robbinsdale Addition #7, Section 13, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
10) PW061212-12 – Acknowledge Completion of Sidewalk Installation on Disk Drive.
11) PW061212-13 – Authorize Staff to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for Minnekahta Drive Area Watermain and Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. 11-1980 / CIP No. 50826. Estimated Cost for Design and Construction: $1,225,000.00.
12) PW061212-14 – Authorize Lowering the Percentage of Work that the General Contractor Must Perform from 50% to 35% for the Elk Vale Lift Station Upgrades, Project No. 11-1999 / CIP No. 50728.
13) PW061212-17 – Approve a Request from the City of Rapid City for an Exception to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at 2441 N Elk Vale Road – Lot 1 of Block 2 of I-90 Heartland Business Park, Section 28, T2N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota (for Elk Vale Lift Station upgrades).
14) PW061212-15 – Authorize Lowering the Percentage of Work that the General Contractor Must Perform from 50% to 35% for South Valley Drive Extension, Project No. 11-1960 / CIP No. 50886.
15) PW061212-16 – Authorize staff to purchase a replacement vehicle for a pick up that was totaled in a crash. Estimated Cost: $24,220.00.
16) PW061212-18 – Approve with Stipulations a Request from Hills Material Company for an Exception to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at 3720 Sturgis Road – Lot 2 of HMC Subdivision, Section 33, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
17) PW061212-19 – Approve with Stipulations a Request from Dream Design International Inc. for an Exception to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 for the Property Located at Dyess Avenue – South 423.0 feet of the SW1/4 of the NW1/4 and the North 925.0 feet of the NW1/4 of the SW1/4, Section 21, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
18) PW061212-20 – Approve Resolution #2012-072 Terminating the Remaining In-Force Agreements Pertaining to the Completion of Sidewalks by Developers.
Rapid Transit Division
19) PW061212-21 – Authorize staff to purchase four (4) ADA approved Dial-A-Ride Transit Vehicles through the State of Minnesota Cooperative Purchasing Venture (CPV) from Eldorado National Inc., in the amount of $344,080.00 These vehicles will replace four existing vehicles that have reached their maximum useful life. Eighty three percent (83%) of the procurement costs ($285,586) will be provided by Federal transit Administration (FTA) Section 5309 State of Good Repair Grant Funds.
COMMUNITY PLANNING DEPARTMENT
20) 12TP013 – 2013-2017 Draft Transportation Improvement Program.
21) 12TP014 – 2012-2016 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #12-009.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
22) PW061212-22 – Approve Policy on Guidelines for Priority Use of Park and Recreation Facilities.
23) PW061212-23 – Approve Policy on Guidelines for Community Use of Parks and Recreation Rental Facilities
24) PW061212-24 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign an Agreement with Fennell Design Inc. for the Rapid City Fire Department Facilities Strategic Plan and Rapid City Fire Station #1A, in the amount of $129,320.00.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT ITEMS – Items 25 – 27
Public Comment opened – Items 25 – 27
Public Comment closed
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
25) PW061212-25 – Request from Jennifer Giroux that the City of Rapid City buy her property Located at 3213 Dover Street.
Items From the Public Works Director
26) PW061212-27 – Acknowledge Letter from DENR.
27) PW061212-26 – Food Services Report – Ron Svasek.