ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 12, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 28, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW062811-12 – A request by John Ashley to designate a new Sidewalk Vendor location within Seventh Street Right-of-Way located adjacent to Unit #1 and 15.84% of the Common Area, 632 Main Condominiums, Section 1, T1N R7E, BHM Rapid City, Pennington County, SD. (Continued from the June 28, 2011, Public Works Committee Agenda)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) PW053111-20 – Employee Suggestion Program – Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the June 28, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
3) PW071211-01 – Public Works Professional Services Contract Summary.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW071211-02 – Change Order No. 2F to Corr Construction Services, Inc. for the 2010 Bridge Maintenance Project, Project No. ST10-1886 / CIP No. 50752, for an increase of $1,900.26.
5) PW071211-03 – Change Order No. 1 to First Dakota Enterprises, LLC for Meadowbrook Golf Maintenance Building, Project No. PR10-1902 / CIP No. 50841, for an increase of $1,039.00.
6) PW071211-04 – Change Order No. 1F to Highmark Inc. for the East Tallent and East Indiana Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W10-1915 / CIP No. 50845, for a decrease of $5,155.50
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
7) PW071211-05 – Professional Services Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for the Solid Waste Rate Study, Project No. SW11-1940 / CIP No. 50862, in the amount of $99,366.00.
8) PW071211-06 – Covenant Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and MHL, LLC to Allow Certain Improvement to Encroach into the Adjacent Public Right of Way.
ENGINEERING SERVICES DIVISION
9) PW062811-11 – Request for exception to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along 2540 East Highway 44 per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 15RA and Lot 5, Hills View Subdivision, located in Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, South Dakota. (Continued from the June 28, 2011, Public Works Committee Agenda)
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
10) 11TP016 – 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #11-007.
11) 11TP017 – 2012-2016 Rapid City Area Transportation Improvement Program – Draft Report.
12) No. 11VE016 - Hills View Subdivision – A request by CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for Jerry L. and Donna M. Olson to consider an application for a Vacation of a Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot 15RA of Hills View Subdivision located in Section 5, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2540 East Highway 44.
13) No. 11VE017 - McMahon Subdivision – A request by Renner & Associates, LLC for M&P Developments to consider an application for a Vacation of Minor Drainage and Utility Easement for Lot A of Tract E-3R of McMahon Subdivision located in Section 24, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located on the south side of Kathryn Avenue approximately 220 feet west of the intersection of Kathryn Avenue and Haines Avenue.
ADDENDUM No. 1:
14) PW071211-07 – Update on Energy Plant – Brian Maliske.