ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, April 26, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW042611-01 – Traffic Calming & Pedestrian Safety in Downtown Rapid City – Rapid City Downtown Association.
2) PW042611-02 – Request the Installation of Sidewalk on Highway 44 between Valley Drive and Cambell Street – Reed Foster, WDT Student Government Safety Initiative Committee Chair.
3) PW042611-03 – Request from Kieffer Sanitation to Dispose of Portable Restroom Waste from the Black Hawk, Piedmont, Hermosa, Box Elder and Custer State Park areas at the City of Rapid City Wastewater Treatment Plant.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
4) PW042611-04 – Off Premise Sign Moratorium – Alderman Bill Waugh and Alderman Sam Kooiker.
5) PW042611-05 – Discussion on Bid Process Guidelines and Policy on Contractors / Work Performance – Alderman Gary Brown and Alderman Sam Kooiker.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
6) PW042611-06 – Change Order No. 1 to KRM Concrete for Downtown Improvement - 6th Street/Omaha Street Pedestrian Crossing, Project No. ST10-1865 / CIP No. 50807, for an increase of $1,494.15.
7) PW042611-07 – Change Order No. 2 to SECO Construction, Inc. for Main Street Square Site Development, Project No. PR10-1901 / CIP No. 50839, for an increase of $38,968.000.
8) PW042611-08 – Change Order No. 3F to SECO Construction, Inc. for Milo Barber Transportation Center Improvements, Project No. GB08-1765 / CIP No. 50746, for an increase of $8,806.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
9) PW042611-09 – Professional Services Agreement for construction administration with Dream Design International, Inc. for Heights Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1831 / CIP No. 50777, in the amount of $65,712.50.
10) PW042611-10 – Professional Services Agreement for construction administration with Dream Design International, Inc. for Rapid Creek Trunk Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation, Project No. SS10-1852 / CIP No. 50194, in the amount of $24,700.00.
11) PW042611-12 – Approve Grant of Permanent Utility Easement to Black Hills Power (WR#458664) related to the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Construction, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789.
12) PW042611-13 – Approve Grant of Permanent Utility Easement to Black Hills Power (WR#459157) related to the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Construction, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789.
13) PW042611-14 – Grade Agreement with Black Hills Power related to the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Construction, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789.
14) PW042611-15 – Construction Funding Reallocation for Catron Boulevard Reconstruction Utility Relocation and Modification, Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50396. No change in net dollars.
15) PW042611-16 – Consent for City of Rapid City to Cross U.S. Government Waterline Easement #USAF-ACC-FXBM-9-11-660 in relation to Mall Drive Reconstruction, Project No. ST08-1753 / CIP No. 50646.
16) PW042611-17 – Appeal of Denial for an Exception to allow nonconforming service line for a fire hydrant located on the southeast corner of Minnesota Street and Biernbaum Lane, the unplatted balance of the NW ¼ SW ¼ of Section 17, T1N, R8E, submitted by Brian Wiedmeier, Anytime Enterprises.
17) 11EX261 – Request for exception to waive the requirement to install sidewalk along 2809 Plant Street per City Ordinance 12.16.080 for Lot 2R of Tract E, Deadwood Avenue Tract located in the NE¼ of NW1/4, S34, T2N, R7E Pennington County, South Dakota.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
18) No. 11FV003 - Robbinsdale Addition No. 11 – A request by Linette Hemmer to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a 6 foot fence in lieu of a 4 foot fence in the 25 foot front yard setback for Lot 1 of Block 1 of Robbinsdale Addition No. 11, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 602 Hillshire Court.