ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, February 15, 2011; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of February 1, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW121410-02 – Presentation on Code Enforcement Structure – Dale Schumacher. (Continued from the February 1, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW021511-01 – Report on Funding Recommendations from the Opportunity Capture Fund Oversight Board (SymCom, Inc.).
ITEMS FROM ALDERPERSONS AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW121410-03 – Review of Sewer Backup Reimbursement Policy and Discussion of Damages Cap – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the February 1, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) PW011111-13 – Parking Notification – Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the February 1, 2011, City Council Meeting)
5) PW020111-02 – Internet Posting of Monthly/Quarterly Income Statements for the Enterprise Funds – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Alderman Jordan Mason. (Continued from the February 1, 2011, City Council Meeting)
6) PW021511-02 – Approve .16 Utility funding of $2,650,000.00 for the Seger Drive / Dyess Avenue Sanitary Sewer Extension Project – .16 Utility Fund Oversight Committee.
7) PW021511-18 – Domesticated Chickens in Rapid City – Alderman Aaron Costello.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) PW021511-03 – Change Order No. 1F to J&J Asphalt Company for Catron Boulevard Turn Lane at Belgarde Boulevard, Project No. ST10-1866 / CIP No. 50751, for a decrease of $9,240.15.
9) PW021511-04 – Change Order No. 3 to RCS Construction, Inc. for WRF 2010 Improvements, Project No. WRF10-1856 / CIP No. 50791, for an increase of $18,629.00.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
10) PW021511-05 – Kepps Water Main Extension, Project No. W08-1702 / CIP No. 50625. Estimated cost: $650,000.00.
11) PW021511-06 – Kepps Reservoir Control Valve Station, Project No. W10-1845 / CIP No. 50784. Estimated cost: $450,000.00.
12) PW021511-07 – Dyess Avenue & Beale Street Overlay, Project No. ST09-1826 / CIP No. 50775. Estimated cost: $92,200.00.
13) PW021511-08 – Well No. 8 Pump Replacement, Project No. W10-1896 / CIP No. 50833. Estimated cost: $65,000.00.
14) PW021511-09 – Pavement Marking – Lane Line Painting, Project No. PM11-1934 / CIP No. 50594. Estimated cost: $61,050.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
15) PW110910-10 – Sewer Service Agreement Between Rapid Valley Sanitary District and the City of Rapid City, South Dakota. (Continued from the February 1, 2011, Public Works Committee Meeting)
16) PW021511-10 – Professional Services Agreement for construction observation services with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Canyon Lake Drive Reconstruction, Project No. WTP10-878 / CIP No. 50004, in the amount of $612,710.00.
17) PW021511-11 – Permanent Utility Easement granted by the City of Rapid City to Black Hills Power, Inc. for electrical power system work related to the Main Street Square Site Development, Project No. PR10-1901 / CIP No. 50839.
18) PW021511-12 – Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for right of way and property acquisition responsibilities related to the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Reconstruction, Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351.
19) PW021511-13 – Authorize Lowering the Percentage of Work that the General Contractor must perform from 50% to 35% for the Kepps Reservoir Control Valve Station, Project No. W10-1845 / CIP No. 50784.
20) PW021511-14 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Engineering Services for the Rapid City Public Works Fleet Fueling Station, Project No. PW11-1941 / CIP No. 50863. Estimated cost of project: $500,000.00.
21) PW021511-15 – Request Authorization to Seek Proposals for Professional Services for Solid Waste Rate Study; Project No. SW11-1940; CIP No. 50862. Estimated cost of project: $100,000.00.
RAPID TRANSIT DIVISION
22) PW021511-16 – Request authorization to submit Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5307 grant application for 2011 in the amount of $782,805.
GROWTH MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
23) No. 11VE002 – Buffalo Ridge Subdivision – A request by Ron Davis to consider an application for a Vacation of Major Drainage Easement for Lot 1 of Buffalo Ridge Subdivision located in Section 11, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Shaw Court and Reservoir Road.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
24) PW021511-17 – GIS Presentation on New RapidMap Zoning Layer – Don Jarvinen.
ADDENDUM NO. 1:
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
25) PW021511-19 – Sidewalks on Disk Drive – Alderman Jordan Mason, Alderman Aaron Costello, and Alderwoman Deb Hadcock.