ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 9, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of October 26, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW101210-01 – A request from Bobbi Jo Bradford regarding the possibility of acquiring City property located next to 4507 South Canyon Road. (Continued from the October 26, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) PW110910-18 – Report Card.
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW092810-02 – Payment Approval Procedures – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the October 26, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) PW110910-01 – Status of Reconstruction of Saint Andrew and Saint Charles Streets, east of 5th Street – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
5) PW110910-02 – Authorize Public Works Director to Sign Application for Tax Increment Financing for Reallocation of Tax Increment District No. 42 Costs.
6) No. CC110110-02.1 – 6th Street Pedestrian Crossing, Project No ST10-1865/CIP No. 50807 (Opened on October 26, 2010). (Forwarded from the November 1, 2010, City Council Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
7) PW110910-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Simon Contractors of SD, Inc. for 2010 Out of the Dust Project, Project No. ST10-1897 / CIP No. 50297, for a decrease of $5,685.80.
8) PW110910-04 – Change Order No. 1F to KRM Concrete LLC for Parkview Drive Storm Inlet Construction, Project No. DR10-1847 / CIP No. 50787, for a decrease of $482.71.
9) PW110910-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Lipp Construction, Inc. for Transit Shelters Installation, Project No. TS10-1895 / CIP No. 50779, for an increase of $1,076.00.
10) PW110910-06 – Change Order No. 1F to J&J Asphalt for PCC-7th Street & Kansas City Street Overlay, Project No. ST10-1880 / CIP No. 50445, for an increase of $5,564.20.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) PW110910-08 – Corral Drive and Sheridan Lake Road Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W10-1882 / CIP No. 50816. Estimated cost: $925,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) PW110910-09 – Amendment No. 1 to Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for the Jackson Boulevard Utilities Reconstruction, Rapid Creek to Mountain View Road, SDDOT Project P 0044(129)42, PCN 00X9-SD44, City Project No. SSW09-1509 / CIP No. 50351. (Change in acreage from 469 sq ft more or less to 628 sq ft more or less for Parcel 8.)
13) PW110910-10 – Sewer Service Agreement Between Rapid Valley Sanitary District and the City of Rapid City, South Dakota.
14) PW110910-11 – Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Upper Plains Contracting, Inc. for the Catron Boulevard/Highway 16B Reconstruction Utility Relocation & Modification, City Project No. SSW09-1819 / CIP No. 50495, State of South Dakota acting by and through.
15) PW110910-12 – Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society regarding the design, construction, and dedication of land for a water reservoir, water transmission main, and booster station; North Pinedale Water Storage Reservoir, Project No. W10-1890 / CIP No. 50832.
16) PW110910-13 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for Dakota Drive Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W10-1894 / CIP No. 50399, in the amount of $48,707.00.
17) PW110910-14 – Purchase Agreement with South Dakota Game Fish & Parks for purchase of Fish Hatchery property, Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Project, in the amount of $155,800.00.
18) PW110910-15 – Authorize acceptance of permanent and temporary easements for construction of the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant and related improvements, Project No. WTP-1858 / CIP No. 50789.
19) PW110910-16 – Request authorization to seek proposals for engineering services for a multi-area sanitary sewer inflow and infiltration study, Project No. SS10-1919 / CIP No. 50849. Estimated cost: $225,000.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
20) PW102610-16 – Residential Construction Backfill Requirements. (Continued from the October 26, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
21) PW110910-17 – Approve Change Order No. 001 for Mt. View and Mt. Calvary Cemeteries Irrigation System, Phase 3, Project PR09-6010 to Second Nature, for an increase of $2,685.