ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, October 26, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of October 12, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW101210-01 – A request from Bobbi Jo Bradford regarding the possibility of acquiring City property located next to 4507 South Canyon Road. (Continued from the October 12, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) PW092810-02 – Payment Approval Procedures – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the October 12, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
3) PW083110-35 – Sign Encroachments into the Right-of-Way – Imperial Hotel Sign at 100 Saint Joseph Street. (Continued from the September 28, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
4) PW092810-04 – Change Order No. 2F to Heavy Constructors Inc. for Elm Avenue Reconstruction Phase 3 – East Tallent Street to East Oakland Street, Project ST09-1759 / CIP No. 50130, for a decrease of $82,874.56. (Continued from the October 12, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
5) PW102610-02 – Change Order No. 1F to Rapid Construction Company LLC for Easy Street Sanitary Sewer Extension, Project No. SS09-1829 / CIP No. 50776, for a decrease of $17,690.81.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
6) PW102610-03 – East Tallent and East Indiana Watermain Reconstruction, Project No. W10-1915 / CIP No. 50845. Estimated cost: $500,000.00.
7) PW102610-04 – Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant, Project No. WTP10-1858 / CIP No. 50789. Estimated cost: $26,130,000.00.
8) PW102610-05 – North Pinedale Water Storage Reservoir for Good Samaritan Society Saint Martin’s Village, Project No. W10-1890 / CIP No. 50832. Estimated cost: $1,600,000.00.
9) PW102610-06 – New Current Year Model ¾ Ton 4X4 Pickup, Water Division. Estimated cost: $23,000.00
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
10) PW102610-07 – Memorandum of Understanding Between the Pennington County Highway Department and the City of Rapid City – Exchange of Snow Routes.
11) PW102610-08 – Permanent Utility Easement to Montana Dakota Utilities in Block 1 of Cleghorn Canyon #2, Located in the SW ¼ of Section 8, T1N, R7E of the BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota. (Property is on the old school property near the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant project.)
12) PW102610-09 – Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc. for the Cambell Street Reinforced Concrete Box Culvert, Project No. DR10-1909 / CIP No. 50020, in the amount of $59,901.00.
13) PW102610-10 – Amendment No. 2 to the Professional Services Agreement with CETEC Engineering Services, Inc. for the Kepps Watermain Extension and Control Valve Installation, Project No. W08-1702 / CIP No. 50625, in the amount of $11,772.00.
14) PW102610-15 – Amendment No. 2 to the Agreement with SD Department of Transportation for the following project: NH 2016(17)64, PCN 6875, City of Rapid City, Pennington County – US16B from US16 to SD79 in Rapid City. Rapid City Project: SSW09-1819, Catron Boulevard Reconstruction.
15) PW102610-11 – A request by Scott Nash for a variance to the requirement to install sidewalk at a new commercial building per Section 12.16.080 of the RCMC for property located at 2303 Seger Drive.
16) PW102610-12 – Authorize lowering the percentage of work that the General Contractor must perform from 50% to 35% for the North Pinedale Reservoir for Good Samaritan Society Saint Martin’s Village, Rapid City, Project No. W10-1890 / CIP No. 50832.
17) PW102610-13 – Request Authority to Purchase New Current Year Model Compact Truck, 4X4 Extended Cab, from State Contract #16032. Vendor: Wegner Auto Co, Pierre, SD. Purchase price: $20,000.00.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
18) PW102610-16 – Residential Construction Backfill Requirements.
19) No. 10FV015 - Providence Addition – A request by Charles Gruba to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot fence in lieu of a four foot fence in the front yard setback for Lots 8 through 15 and the north 1/2 of vacated alley of Block 20 of Providence Addition, Section 34, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2715 & 2725 West Rapid Street.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
20) PW102610-14 – Approve Change Order No. 1, Second Nature, for Wilderness Park Playground Project PR08-6004, for an increase of $5,955.19.
ADDENDUM NO. 1:
ITEMS FROM ALDERMAN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
21) PW102610-17 – Update on Investigating Internal Auditing – Alderman Jordan Mason.