ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, September 28, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of September 14, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW081010-01 – Request for Reimbursement for Sewer Back Up Expenses – McCarthy Properties. (Continued from the September 14, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) PW092810-01 – Placement of Bus Shelter at Lakota Homes – Hazel Bonner.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) PW072710-01 – Surety and Warranty Tracking – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the September 14, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
4) PW083110-03 – Condition of E Quincy Streets east of East Boulevard – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the August 31, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
5) PW092810-02 – Payment Approval Procedures – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
6) PW081010-03 – Policy Regarding Land Transfers. (Continued from the September 14, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
7) PW083110-35 – Sign Encroachments into the Right-of-Way – Imperial Hotel Sign at 100 Saint Joseph Street. (Continued from the August 31, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
8) PW092810-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Hills Materials Company for Street Rehabilitation-2010 Chip Seal Project-Mountain View Area, Project No. ST10-1855 / CIP No. 50549, for a decrease of $10,307.47.
9) PW092810-04 – Change Order No. 2F to Heavy Constructors Inc. for Elm Avenue Reconstruction, Project ST09-1759 / CIP No. 50130, for a decrease of $86,897.26.
10) PW092810-05 – Change Order No. 2F to Western Municipal Construction for 11th Street Alley Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction, Project No. SS09-1772 / CIP No. 50422, for a decrease of $8,290.40.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) PW092810-06 – Water Reclamation Facility Primary Digester Cover Replacement Project, Project No. WRF10-1883 / CIP No. 50790. Estimated cost: $1,475,000.00 to be funded through SRF Loan.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) PW092810-07 – Permanent Utility Easement granted to Black Hills Power, Inc., for the real estate described as follows: A 10’ X 4’ rectangle along the East boundary of the unplatted balance of the East 650’ of SE1/4SW1/4NE1/4 located in Section Eighteen (18), Township One North (1N), Range Eight East (8E) of the Black Hills Meridian, Pennington County, South Dakota.
13) PW092810-08 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Dream Design International, Inc. for Rapid Creek Trunk Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation, Project No. SS10-1852 / CIP No. 50194. No cost time extension.
14) PW092810-09 – Real Estate Purchase Agreement between the City of Rapid City and David L. and Valarie L. Brown for future drainage improvement related to the Silver Street Area Utility Improvements, Project No. SSW07-1656 / CIP No. 50418, in the amount of $21,000.00.
15) PW092810-10 – Professional Services Agreement with Four Front Design, Inc. for construction administration for the Downtown Improvement-6th Street from Omaha Street to Kansas City Street, Project No. ST10-1817 / CIP No. 50138, in the amount of $52,462.00.
16) PW092810-11 – Request Authorization to Require DOECK, LLC to Install Sidewalks per an Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and DOECK, LLC to Allow the Acceptance of Public Improvements before the Completion of Sidewalks for Auburn Hills Subdivision.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
17) PW092810-12 – Residential Construction Backfill Requirements.
18) No. 10VE011 - Arrowhead View Addition – A request by Fisk Land Surveying & Consulting Engineers for Property Rentals, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of Utility and Drainage Easements for Tract G (less part of Lots 1, 2, 3A and 3B and less Lot H1); Tract H (less part of Lots 1 and 29 of Fairway Hills and less Lot H1); and Lot 1 of Tract I all of Arrowhead View Addition, Section 15, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 3800 Fairway Hills Drive.
19) No. 10VE012 - Rainbow Ridge Subdivision – A request by Dream Design International, Inc. to consider an application for a Vacation of a portion of a Major Drainage Easement for Lot CL of Block 2 of Rainbow Ridge Subdivision, Section 23, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1049 Sagewood Street.
20) No. 10FV014 - Eastridge Estates Subdivision – A request by Jason and Kelly Roach to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence in lieu of a four foot high fence in the 25 foot front yard setback for Lot 7 of Block 5 of Eastridge Estates Subdivision, Section 24, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 124 Savoy Circle.