ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, July 27, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of July 13, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) Garbage Rates: Review and Reduction – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the July 13, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) Amendment to Ordinance 2.60.160 (E) and (F) and Related City Policies to Require Sign Posting and Notices for Comprehensive Plan Amendments – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Alderman Gary Brown. (Continued from the July 13, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
3) PW072710-01 – Surety and Warranty Tracking – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
4) Update on West Main Median and Related Traffic Safety Study – Alderman Sam Kooiker.
ITEMS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
5) PW072710-02 – Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a Permanent Access Easement Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and McCarthy Properties LLC for the Main Street Square.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
6) PW071310-03 – Change Order No. 1 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for Elm Avenue Reconstruction Phase 3 – East Tallent to East Oakland, Project No. ST09-1759 / CIP No. 50130, for a decrease of $5,064.25. (Continued from the July 13, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
7) PW072710-03 – Change Order No. 1F to Dakota Barricade, LLC for 2009 Pavement Marking, Project No. PM09-1779 / CIP No. 50593, for decrease of $833.10.
8) PW072710-04 – Change Order No. 1 to Hills Materials Company for the Brentwood Subdivision Grading and Surfacing Completion, Project No. ST10-1863, for an increase of $8,972.50.
9) PW072710-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Tru-Form Construction, Inc. for PPC Pavement Repair – Tamarack Drive, Minnesota Street, and 7th Street; Project No. ST09-1816 / CIP No. 50545, for a decrease of $6,770.70.
10) PW072710-06 – Change Order No. 1F to Traffic Services Company LLC for 2010Roadway Lane Line Painting, Project No. PM10-1860 / CIP No. 50594, for a decrease of $3,181.80.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) PW072710-07 – Water Reclamation Spoil Pile Removal, Project No. WRF10-1891 / CIP No. 50825. Estimated cost: $120,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) PW072710-08 – Property Purchase Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and James D. Kinney for the Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Project; Project No. W07-1689, in the amount of $30,000.00.
13) PW072710-09 – Addendum No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for Jackson Springs Water Treatment Plant Legal Survey Services , Project No. W07-1689 / CIP No. 50696, in the amount of $3,100.00.
14) PW072710-10 – Agreement Between the City of Rapid City and Robert and Diane Burgard for the Extension of Water and Sanitary Sewer Mains on Fulton Street.
15) PW072710-11 – Authorize lowering the percentage of work that the General Contractor must perform from 50% to 35% for the 6th Street Reconstruction Project; Project No. ST10 – 1817 / CIP #50138.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
16) No. 10FV009 - South Robbinsdale Addition – A request by Loran T. Hoch to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot fence in lieu of a four foot fence in the front yard setback on Lot 1 of Block 14 of South Robbinsdale Addition, Section 7, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 801 East Iowa Street.
17) No. 10RD003 - Meadowwood and NWE Subdivision – A request by South Dakota Game Fish and Parks to consider an application for a Resolution for a Road Name Change from Dean Lane to Adventure Trail on Dean Lane right-of-way adjacent to Lot 1 of NWE Subdivision, Lot 2 of Tract F of the SE1/4 NW1/4 (including vacated portion of W. Madison Street) of Meadowwood and Block 2 of Tract G of Meadowwood all located in Section 33, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located approximately 2,000 feet north of the intersection of West Chicago Street and Sturgis Road.
18) 10TP018 – RapidTRIP 2035 – Draft Report.
19) 10TP020 – 2011-2015 Transportation Improvement Program – Draft Report.
20) 10TP021 – 2010-2014 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #10-004R (Change Funding Category and advance Preliminary Engineering funding to the East North Street Phase I Project from Pine Street to Cambell Street).
21) PW072710-12 – Review of Prior Council Discussion and Action on the 40 Unit Dwelling Unit Rule.
ADDENDUM NO. 1:
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
22) Signage for After Hours Parking on City Owned Lots – Alderman Sam Kooiker and Alderman Gary Brown.