ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, June 29, 2010; 12:30 p.m.
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 15, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
1) PW061510-02 – Drainage Issues at 5212 Winterset Drive – Robin Patterson. (Continued from the June 15, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
2) PW062910-01 – Debris Along Rapid Creek at 6664 Green Oak Lane – Jill LaCroix. (Continued from the June 15, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
3) PW062910-02 – Request for 500 Milk Jugs – Battle Creek Gardens.
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
4) Garbage Rates: Review and Reduction – Alderman Sam Kooiker. (Continued from the June 15, 2010, Public Works Committee Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
5) PW062910-03 – Request to Amend Ordinance Definition of “Irrigation Users” – Robert Ellis.
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
6) PW062910-04 – Change Order No. 1F to Stanley J. Johnsen Concrete Contractor, Inc. for PCC Pavement Repair – La Crosse Street Joint Sealing and Panel Repair, Project No. ST10-1841 / CIP No. 50445, for a decrease of $16,167.58.
7) PW062910-05 – Change Order No. 1F to Scull Construction Service, Inc. for Founders Park Plaza, Project No. PR09-1811, for a decrease of $1,730.00.
8) PW062910-06 – Change Order No. 1 to Brewer Construction for East Saint Patrick Sidewalk, Project No. MIP09-1805 / CIP No. 50298, for an increase of $2,105.16.
9) PW062910-07 – Change Order No. 1F to Stanley J. Johnsen Concrete Contractor, Inc. for Yard Waste Site Improvements – West Boulevard North, Project No. SWO10-1785, for a decrease of $245.20.
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
10) PW062910-08 – Well 10 Pump Replacement, Project No. W10-1889 / CIP No. 50831. Estimated cost: $60,000.00.
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
11) PW062910-09 – Professional Services Agreement with Ferber Engineering Company, Inc. for construction administration services for Silver Street Area Utility Improvements, Project No. SSW07-1656 / CIP No. 50418, in the amount of $154,890.00
12) PW062910-10 – Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement with Sperlich Consulting, Inc. for Robbinsdale Reconstruction, Maple and East Idaho, Project No. ST09-1809 / CIP No. 50626, in the amount of $10,777.50.
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
13) No. 10CA018 - Mt. Rushmore Road Corridor – A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for an Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to adopt the Mount Rushmore Road Corridor Development Plan located south of Omaha Street/SD Highway 44, north of Fairmont Blvd/Cathedral Drive, west of Fifth Street, and 1750 feet west of Mt Rushmore Road in Sections 35 and 36, Township 2 North, Range 7 East, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota; and Sections 1, 2,11 and 12, Township 1 North, Range 7 East, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota and that portion of Sections 11 and 12 lying 1900 feet west of Mt Rushmore Road and east of 5th Street, Township 1 North, Range 7 East, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota.
14) No. 10FV006 - Flormann Subdivision – A request by Alan Aker for Zane Martin to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow an eight foot fence in lieu of a six foot fence along the side yard set back on Lots 17 and 18 of Block 34 of Flormann Subdivision, Section 1, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 635 St. Andrew Street.
15) PW062910-11 – Request to waive requirement to install sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.16.080 from J. Alan Johnson of Recreational Adventures Co. for KOA Campground 3010 East Highway 44, Tract A of SE¼ SW¼ of Section 4 and the NE¼ NW¼ of Section 9, T1N, R8E, BHM Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
16) 10EX106 - Appeal of Denial of Request for Exception to allow access to higher traveled street for proposed Lot 3, Eastbrooke Subdivision, located in the NE¼ of the SW¼ of Section 6, T1N, R8E and the SE¼ of the SW¼ of Section 31, T2N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, Rapid City, South Dakota.